THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - LET'S TAKE THESE MERCENARIES!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:20 pm

ANFIELD WAS/IS/ALWAYS WILL BE AWESOME!!!

DID ANYBODY ELSE HEAR THE "BYE BYE MOURINHO" CHANT......... :D  :D

NO BETTER PLACE ON EARTH! :)

OH PLEASE LET ME BE THERE SOMEDAY...........
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:24 pm

pennant all is forgiven u fu.ckin genius !! :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:25 pm

o happy day

anyone got the pennant goal online yet?

i really wanna see both goals
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Jose Mourinho had no complaints after watching his side be outplayed and beaten by Liverpool on Saturday afternoon. 
Chelsea's lead over Liverpool in the league table has been cut to just five points after goals from Dirk Kuyt and Jermaine Pennant secured a well deserved victory for Rafael Benitez's men.

Chelsea rarely threatened as an attacking force but it was at the back where Paolo Ferreira and Michael Essien formed a makshift central defensive where Mourinho felt his side had most problems.

He said: "Liverpool are happy today and they deserve to be happy because they played well and deserved to win the game.

"I was hoping we could get through the first 15 minutes without conceding because we had players playing out of position and those players would have gained confidence if we'd made a good start.

"When we went behind after a few minutes and then conceded another shortly after we knew it was going to be very difficult.

"Rafa isn't stupid and I'm not a magician. We had no central defenders and I knew two weeks ago that Crouch and Kuyt would play in this game. The defenders we have could have coped with Bellamy but they couldn't cope with Crouch winning the headers and Kuyt's strength holding the ball up.

"In other games of late we've been able to cope but I knew we'd have problems today and Liverpool did very well." 
---------

What? wooah...

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Wow did Jose really say that :D times are changing. lol

A great performance from the lads, we held our own and didnt even concede. Crouch probabaly shoud have scored himself but im ill settle for 2-0. If Pennat was lacking in confidence a few weeks ago im sure thats been put right today - a stunning goal that quite frankly i didnt he was capable of scoring. I hope he puts in this sort of performance every week.

I knew right away seein the Chelsea sheet that they were going to suffer like they did in that FA Cup Semi final.

I know it would be nice to think we could technically still win the title and thats a good thing to keep in the back of the mind for motivation but for now id much rather we build a gap over Arsenal and then think about maybe 2nd.

Remember we still have Barca.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:08 pm

brilliant win! solid defence!
oakton

Postby akumaface » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:11 pm

Wow, JM sounded like a normal human being...Hm...is that really what he said.

Anyway, fantastic win. Words could not describe how happy I am. My boss would be pis$ed because he is a bandwagon Blue Shlt fan. He was saying how Blue Shlt would win this game and I'm sure he would not talk to me on Monday haha. Just want to say everyone played great. Alonso was heroic to continue. THe cheap shot Drogba did it in purpose because you can see it was unnessary to raise his knee like that. He just wanted to get a cheap shot. Really hope he will break a leg or something!
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:13 pm

I'm delighted. Great result and superb performance. Although Chelsea weren't at their best, Rafa got his tactis sopt on I thought. Crouch frightened the life put of their defenders. I loved the way we started high tempo and this is what got us our early goal. I thought the defence had a cracking game. Carra matched drogba for pace and power really well.

I was also really impressed by the balance we finally found on the left side with Aurelio and Riise. Both of them had a superb game. They both kept on swapping positions which allowed one of them to have a rest. Both were solid defensively and I was particulary impressed with Aurelio. He has made a huge imporvement since he came back from injury. Great defensively and it was probably his best game for the club without a doubt.

Gerrard and Alonso controlled everything. Both did well defensively and offensively. When alonso was receiving treatment you could see how much we missed him in the middle. Luckily he could carry on. Fat Fwank was kept out of the game completely.

Kuyt once again ran his socks off and deserved his goal. Linked up with crouch quite well in the 1st half. Pennant wasn't in the game much until he scored, but he did play well when he was involved. Cracking goal aswell.

Sky bloke: "How confident were you when you saw Chelsea's team sheet"

Rafa: "I was confident when I saw my team sheet"

Legend.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:23 pm

akumaface wrote:THe cheap shot Drogba did it in purpose because you can see it was unnessary to raise his knee like that. He just wanted to get a cheap shot. Really hope he will break a leg or something!

stupid comment, drogba actually was ok today, the knee was an accident, the only slight blemish was his arm high when he clattered riise
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Brilliant result.

They had a make-shift defense, but we've had big injuries in every match we played against them in the past.

Credit where it's due, though - Moris spoke some sense today, instead ofblaming outside influences.

Great result, and a special mention to Mr Kuyt - f*cking awesome.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Oh I forgot to mention:

the drogba freekick :D :laugh: :D :laugh:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:38 pm

GET IN!!!!!

WOOHOO.

just got back in

WALK ON. WALK ON.

:) :)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:47 pm

He missed from 12 yards,
He missed from 12 yar-ar-ards,
In Istanbu-ul,
He missed from 12 yards!!!!!

Does anyone know how to use Opta stats or anything?  Did Shevchenko even touch the ball when he came on?  I'd love to know his match stats today, even though I realise he was on the pitch around 20 minutes.  He contributed nothing at all.

How ineffective has he been?  He hasn't gone shit overnight, something definitely wrong with Chelsea and they were always there for the taking today.  I know they had loads of players out injured but you can only beat what's in front of you and today, we've shit on the Champions 2-0.
jonnymac1979

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:13 pm

Shevchenko gave us a free kick or throw in straight away, i remember him arguing about the decision, but that was pretty much it

and oh yes, the drogba free kick    :laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:15 pm

took these pics before the game. The chelsea rent boys held their banner up upside down  :D  :laugh:  :D

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion