THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA - LET'S TAKE THESE MERCENARIES!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:52 pm

so is terry out for this game?

if he is,i can see us winning,we sud play with 4-3-3 again,and beat this weak chelsea defence around the place,with kuyt work rate,bellamys pace and get crouch causeing problems
chelsea played with this team last game:

Hilario

ferreira carvalho essien bridge
           makalele
lampard       ballack      robben

drogba   kalou

a weakened side,they will play more or less the same but with cech in goal
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Gordo » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:58 pm

i read on sky sports news , he is out for a further 2 weeks and that was sat so unless he makes a miracle recovery....
El Gordo

Postby Graeme Noble » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:02 am

Think we will win 1-0. Kuyt will get it. :D  I hope anyway. But Terry is a massive lost for Chelsea. I hope Cech is still out too :)
Graeme Noble

Postby Sarge » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:23 am

CarlosRocks wrote:do you think Rafa will use the 3-4-3 again on sat or go back to the 4-4-2 formation?

imho I fancy the 3-4-3 formation if our defenders are in top form. So far we have been ruthless in our attacking display this season but dismayed by our inadequacies in the back line. Im not saying there's no quality but not enough.
We should play chelsea like we played bolton during the home game; fast, aggressive and playing them out of position.

442 is a proven formation for our team by far if kuyt and bellamy were to start
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:50 am

Rafa I'm sure already knows this but they must:

1- Close down Robben whenever he has the ball.

2- Not take the Wigan approach of watching the ball when Lampard takes a free kick.

3- Do not give Drogba even a millimetre of space to turn.

If they don't do the above, they are finished.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:55 am

CarlosRocks wrote:do you think Rafa will use the 3-4-3 again on sat or go back to the 4-4-2 formation?

What if we were to use a 4-3-3 formation?

We would be strong up front and strong in the back. The only thing that would concern me is whether or not Alonso would be okay on the wing, as I would assume he would be the only justifiable contender...assuming that Pennant is on the other wing and Gerrard in the middle.
skatesy

Postby FRfanatic » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:33 pm

Rafa will play 4-4-2

I reckon it will be draw ; 2-2

(Hope Kalou will be playing, the "black pearl" who can only be brilliant alongside of his former mate Kuyt)
FRfanatic

Postby puroresu » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:47 pm

Another huge test for Rafa.  His record against the big boys is poor.  Drogba is the guy to stop
puroresu

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:01 pm

I'd love to see Rafa give the 3-4-3 a go against a top side..... Trouble is, it's easy for me to say that. Has he tried it it any other game this season prior to Watford or was he taking a calculated gamble against the bottom side?
Maybe he liked what he saw and is willing to go with it again.... Some said we looked a bit lacklustre on Saturday but Vicarage Road doesn't exactly inspire teams, at Anfield I think it could be something  really special..........

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:02 pm

go out all guns blazing! try our hardest to score an early goal. kuyt and bellamy to start in a 4 4 2 formation. bring on crouch for last 20-25 mins to give something a bit different attack. a midfield of gerrard, alonso and pennant (i rate him) left side depends who is fit i suppose, however, i would play riise(left mid) and aurellio (left back) constantly swopping around. just a case of poking in all areas, if there defence is anything to go by from the last few games its a case of finding the chink in the armour!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:16 pm

Withouth thinking it thoroughly through tactics-wise, I'd be excited if we played 3-4-3 again.
We're at home and should be up for it.

That 3-4-3 v Watford did have Aurelio and Finnan in the mid so it's not like it's a totally gung-ho formation.

Go for it Rafa!!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:50 pm

i have a good feeling about this game, but whenever that happened before a big-game with chelsea we seem to never take our chances while dominating the posession....

i dunno, i wouldn't be unhappy with a draw but i'd really like to see us beat them to put all these doubts over Rafa behind us. Would be a confidence boost going into the champions league knockout stages too..
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:02 pm

Personally, I think that going for a 3 man midfield would be tantamount to commiting hara-kiri.... Essien, Makelele, Ballack and co will rip us to shreds... And I thik that robben is gonna be a sure starter.... his pace and drogba's strength is gonna cause us no end of trouble.....

If ever, there was a need for a 3 men central midfield with 2 wing-backs to neutralize their wingers.... then this is the game for it....

a 5-3-2 formation with kuyt coming in from deep is what this one requires in my opinion.... trouble is, with Momo out of the equation, we'll have trouble with the 3rd central mid position..... shame....

this is what i'd play

Reina
      Carra      Sammi    Agger
Finnan                               Riise
         Alonso  Stevie  Aurelio
               Kuyt Crouch

With Agger picking up drogba on all except set plays and Finnan taking on Robben...
ConnO'var

Postby jkop » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:38 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Personally, I think that going for a 3 man midfield would be tantamount to commiting hara-kiri.... Essien, Makelele, Ballack and co will rip us to shreds... And I thik that robben is gonna be a sure starter.... his pace and drogba's strength is gonna cause us no end of trouble.....

If ever, there was a need for a 3 men central midfield with 2 wing-backs to neutralize their wingers.... then this is the game for it....

a 5-3-2 formation with kuyt coming in from deep is what this one requires in my opinion.... trouble is, with Momo out of the equation, we'll have trouble with the 3rd central mid position..... shame....

this is what i'd play

Reina
      Carra      Sammi    Agger
Finnan                               Riise
         Alonso  Stevie  Aurelio
               Kuyt Crouch

With Agger picking up drogba on all except set plays and Finnan taking on Robben...

I agree with conn'avar, would love to see that formation hammer Chavski, but we will have to wait and see. :)
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:54 pm

I reckon the formation rafa played against Watford is perhaps a bit too attacking for this game but it might just work. Finnan and Aurelio would have to be on their fu*king toes though. I'd like to see Riise play some part in the game cos they are sh*t scared of him. I just think to get something out of this game we need to compete well in midfield and up their end and the team that played against Watford should be able to do it. Its just the fact that drogmuck can score goals from nothing and with 3 back the risk would be greater.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion