THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL FC VS MAN U - build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:16 pm

Be better if alonso played, he is supposedly injured and unfit, but we can still win it without him
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:23 pm

is he not playing, i read that hes ok
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:24 pm

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will welcome back Peter Crouch for the visit of Manchester United tomorrow.
Crouch has missed the last two games with a heel injury but has been training ok at Melwood all week.

The boss is hoping to have midfielder Xabi Alonso available for selection after the manager received good news from the medical staff concerning his status.

"Crouch trained okay on Wednesday and the news on Xabi's injury was positive when I spoke to the doctor," said Benitez.

Robbie Fowler is cup-tied having played and scored in the tournament for Manchester City

Manchester United - who will bring approximately 6,500 fans to Anfield - have no major injury worries.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:45 pm

bavlondon wrote:Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will welcome back Peter Crouch for the visit of Manchester United tomorrow.
Crouch has missed the last two games with a heel injury but has been training ok at Melwood all week.

The boss is hoping to have midfielder Xabi Alonso available for selection after the manager received good news from the medical staff concerning his status.

"Crouch trained okay on Wednesday and the news on Xabi's injury was positive when I spoke to the doctor," said Benitez.

Robbie Fowler is cup-tied having played and scored in the tournament for Manchester City

Manchester United - who will bring approximately 6,500 fans to Anfield - have no major injury worries.

??? Wheres that from?

From lfc.tv

Rafael Benitez has ruled Xabi Alonso out of his plans for Saturday's FA Cup showdown with Manchester United at Anfield. 
The Spanish midfielder was replaced during the second half of the Reds' midweek victory over Arsenal after picking up a minor injury.

Benitez had hoped Alonso would recover in time to face United but he has today admitted the 24 year old won't be involved as Liverpool look to make amends for their recent league defeat at Old Trafford and book their place in the last eight of the FA Cup.

"Xabi is not fit and I don't think he can play against United," said Benitez today. "He is feeling something in his thigh but I think he will be okay for the Benfica game."

Robbie Fowler will also be missing for the Reds but Peter Crouch is back in the squad after overcoming a heel injury which has kept him out of the last two games.

Benitez is yet to publicly reveal who'll start the game in goal with Pepe Reina available again after serving a three game ban.

"I have to decide," said the boss. "Jerzy has done well for us and it shows how important it is to have more than one quality goalkeeper at the club."
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:51 pm

it was from newsnow.co.uk, yeah i just read that now on SSN. That musthave been earlier on. Sorrymate. We should still have enough balance to beat Utd. And Hamman should be fresh anyway. Plus Xavi gets a rest for Benfica,

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Small John » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:00 am

bavlondon wrote:Manchester United - who will bring approximately 6,500 fans to Anfield - have no major injury worries.

6'500 ?  WTF!

that means the whole of the lower tier at the Anfield Road end.!!!!!!!!

After what happend at old trafford

well if LFC win, then Rafa should run over at full time and pull a Moony !

The loss of Alonso is not a consequence, Gerrard I think is going to slot in there, or Hamann.

PLaying Cisse and Moro up front is not a good idea IMO.

it should be Garcia, behind crouch possibly.
Small John

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:42 am

You should be banned. :D
115-1073096938

Postby Small John » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:05 am

stu_the_red wrote:You should be banned. :D

Thats a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Small John on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Small John

Postby JBG » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:09 am

Get your pikey mates to give him a hammerin.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:14 am

i bought a ticket today from the lpool ticket office at 16:45, a returned ticket

Come on the redsssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!
kopite_1232002

Postby laza » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:15 am

Is this  US against the  MANCs thread or is it  lets give Hustler the inadequate bed wetter another ego boost by making him the main attraction.

If its the former , then Alonso being unavailable may be a blessing as he could do with a rest especially with the CL games coming up.
Again like to see Didi in the starting lineup and we will still do the MANCs  2-0

If its the later then fornicate off you sad Nigel No friends cyberforum stalker
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 am

go on harry! (courtesy of sky sports news:

Harry Kewell says Liverpool's FA Cup clash with Manchester United is more than just a game.

The Reds forward is still smarting from January's 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford, where Rio Ferdinand grabbed a late winner as Gary Neville grabbed the morning headlines.

The United captain's goal celebrations incensed Liverpool fans and players alike, and now Kewell says Rafa Benitez's men are now itching to put one over on their age-old rivals.

"There is more at stake than just a game against Man United or the FA Cup," he told the Daily Mail.

"To us it's even more important to put one over them because when we played at Old Trafford last month a few things happened that made us feel hard done by, as well as other things which took place which a lot of people weren't happy about."

Kewell has earned a reputation as being one of the most casual, easy-going players you are likely to find in The Premiership, yet there is clearly no love lost between him and Neville.

"I don't know his full background," continued the Australian, "he probably goes way, way back as a United fan and fair enough. Each to their own, I suppose.

"But players like that appeal for calm around the game and then go and do something like that and fire the whole thing back up. They only have themselves to blame."
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 am

We have not beat these scummy :censored: in 85 years in the FA cup!!

Cant believe that ....85 years ffs!!

Today is the day..it has to be!!!

Its looking like Hamman will start in c/m alongside Sissoko and this is where i feel we could win the game!

For those of interest you can get Gerrard to score and the Pool to win 1-0 at 35/1 at Ladrookes!! Got me a tenner on that although the result is irrelevant to me as long as we put the Scum out !!

COME ON THE RED MEN!!! :buttrock  :bowdown
66-1120597113

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 am

answer the call lads, we are the famous kopites, the best fans in the world. Them manc :censored: are coming and theyre gonna make sme noise. I tell ya all, get the noise going all game . :censored: THE NO STANDING UP ETC, MAKE it hell fr them :censored: in the annie road. And IF worse comes to worse, no one stop singing, no one leave early!!!!
scarves up for ynwa
get them 5 sheets in.
and get :censored:.
im n the stella now !!!!
cummon lads lets do them :censored:!!!!!!!!!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:53 am

stevie g liverpool 1-0 is 40/1 with will hill
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion