THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL FC VS MAN U - build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:Little new's on Smith, he's got a broken leg and a dislocated ankle...ouch.

Arrr

there they are with problematics by riise's cannonball again
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:33 pm

bigmick wrote:One thing whuich struck me as I was watching the game was how bad Vidic looks. I was far from convinced by Aggers debut but I will be surprised if Vidic becomes worthy of the fee Ferguson paid. He was directly at fault for the goal and gets himself wrong side over often for my liking. Along with the hapless Evra it looks like Manure have blown some more cash on players who ultimately won't make the grade.

you're witnessing the end of Fergies reign at Utd. Without his old school, his team will not challenge for anything much. He should have left 3 years ago on a high. U can track the decline from the sacking of Jaap Stam.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:35 pm

el_stinger wrote:Ref had a poor match. Too much yakin'

I thought that he did alright myself. Considering the tackles that were going in throughout the match, I think he did his best to keep things flowing and limit the amount of cautions.

I can't think of a decision that he got wrong either
Homebooby

Postby el_stinger » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:35 pm

Ball must have been struck with some venom, Sky reports that he landed the foot awkardly after the ball ploughed into his leg, causing his momentum to do the damage.

As for ESPN commentary, BIASED, in all respects. Tommy was at his usual biased self, constantly praising Man Ure, and criticizing LFC in all aspects of the game. He did say that Riise stomped on Smith, but from all angles, it looked like Riise's forward movement caused him to slightly touch Smith. No way was it malicious or intended. Take a hard look at yourself Tommy, you one-eyed :censored:! :angry:
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Homebooby wrote:
el_stinger wrote:Ref had a poor match. Too much yakin'

I thought that he did alright myself. Considering the tackles that were going in throughout the match, I think he did his best to keep things flowing and limit the amount of cautions.

I can't think of a decision that he got wrong either

I thought Gigg's foul on Kewell was a stonewall penalty on first look. I didn't see any replays of it at half-time as I was working but it looked inside the box to me. A ridiculous challenge anyhow.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:45 pm

very very happy today! - as for man of the match, Finnan probably, but I was impressed by Morientes - didn't expect to be saying that for some time to come, but he was allover the pitch closing down as well as making touches and runs that actually worked. lets hope its not a flash in the pan - although even if its the only decent match he ever plays for us today's result almost makes his fee and wages worthwhile...............
neilE

Postby SoppMeister » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:50 pm

Arsenal and Man Utd in the same week! Really pleased with the performance today, particularly the first half. We went a period of about 10-15 minutes where they were having to defend attack after attack which eventually led to our goal. They came back at us in the latter stages of the second half but never looked as dangerous as us, Rooney and Van Nistelrooy were virtually anonymous, as someone said before Saha put in a far better performance in the short time he was on.

Highlight of the match has to be Kewell's blatant shove on Neville in the opening few minutes with the lowlight being Alan Smith's injury, as soon as I saw Van Nistelrooy's reaction I knew it was bad, I can't bare to watch those kind of incidents.
SoppMeister

Postby Anfield rapper » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:50 pm

I personally couldn't give a :censored:. about Smith cos i know what sort of player he is and he's had this coming. That was pretty easy to be honest, they threw every attacking player they had at us and the only chance they had was Giggs shot over the bar. That felt really good. We were denied a penalty by a ref who was trying his best to give the s.c.u.m an advantage but luckily it didn't matter and the best team won. My man of the match would be Hamman.

:cool:
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby inglis5 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:57 pm

JBG wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Riise's free kick appeared to twist Smith's left leg and then he went down on it. Alomost certainly fractured by the look of it.

Tommy Smyth on ESPN was saying Riise stomped on Smith. What a dickhead!!! (especially as there was no clear vision of any stomping)  :angry:

There was no stomping.

Smith's injury was a cruel accident.

Riise stood on Smith's right leg, not his left. The commentator is out of order... :angry:
inglis5

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:00 pm

hel be ok. i think.
the pric* shudda been 10 yards :D
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:01 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:I personally couldn't give a :censored:. about Smith cos i know what sort of player he is and he's had this coming. That was pretty easy to be honest, they threw every attacking player they had at us and the only chance they had was Giggs shot over the bar. That felt really good. We were denied a penalty by a ref who was trying his best to give the s.c.u.m an advantage but luckily it didn't matter and the best team won. My man of the match would be Hamman.

Mate, no harm but that's sad. It doesn't matter who it is, no one want's to see injuries like that.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:01 pm

btw Did anyone spot the mancs just before ynwa? they were giving it the hand over the face treatment to us. Yet a fecing burger gets reported! :angry:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:02 pm

May Smith have a quick and good recovery.
GunGod

Postby Anfield rapper » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:06 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:I personally couldn't give a :censored:. about Smith cos i know what sort of player he is and he's had this coming. That was pretty easy to be honest, they threw every attacking player they had at us and the only chance they had was Giggs shot over the bar. That felt really good. We were denied a penalty by a ref who was trying his best to give the s.c.u.m an advantage but luckily it didn't matter and the best team won. My man of the match would be Hamman.

Mate, no harm but that's sad. It doesn't matter who it is, no one want's to see injuries like that.

yeah actually thinking about i'm sure the scum would have given there condolences and wouldn't have gloated about it at all if this had happened to one of our lads.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Feeney » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:26 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:

yeah actually thinking about i'm sure the scum would have given there condolences and wouldn't have gloated about it at all if this had happened to one of our lads.

Ever had a serious injury lad? Ever seen searing pain etched on someones face when a person is trying to help them get on a strecher? Ever heard a grown man scream in pain from an innocent challenge?

Don't be stupid. I wouldn't care if it was Neville, there's no way i'd wish an injury like that on anyone.

When was the last time we seen Smith acting like an ar$ehole ? He's a good player and I hope he's able to recover fully.

While i was happy our crowd cheered him off, I wasn't too pleased with the Riise song modified to 'broke his leg' - out of order IMO - we're better than that as supporters and it's idiotic comments like these that make me shake my head  :no

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion