THE MICHAEL OWEN THREAD - all owen talk here from now on please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:44 am

if souness could ruin a great side like us, and decent sides like blackburn and newcastle, just imagine what he could do with a sh#te team like everton.

:D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:44 am

From The Independent...

Liverpool make move to bring Owen home
By Andy Hunter
Published: 30 August 2005
Following weeks of courtship by Michael Owen, and much soul-searching as to whether his affection can be reciprocated, Liverpool have finally joined Newcastle United in the official pursuit of the perplexed England striker.

Real Madrid confirmed last night that they had received a second offer from the Premiership for the 25-year-old, who was omitted from Wanderley Luxemburgo's squad for the first time, against Cadiz, on Sunday and spent yesterday in talks with officials from both Anfield and St James' Park.

Madrid have agreed a fee of about £16m with the Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd but Liverpool, currently not in a financial position or frame of mind to match that sum, are believed to have proposed a season-long loan with a view to a permanent £8m transfer next year.

Owen's stated preference for a return to Anfield over a one-year loan at Newcastle has increased Liverpool's conviction that they will sign the player on their terms before the transfer deadline tomorrow night, although Madrid have indicated that they will be happy to keep the forward if they deem the approach unacceptable.

The Real vice-president, Emilio Butragueno, revealed: "We have received two bids from England, one of which has been accepted already. The other will be discussed by the directors today. If Owen doesn't want to join a particular club after we have accepted a bid then he will stay and fight for Real. We can review the situation in January or at the end of the season if nothing happens this week."

The Liverpool chief executive, Rick Parry, will have more room for manoeuvre if the club off-load Djibril Cissé in the next 48 hours, with Marseilles declaring their interest.

Following weeks of courtship by Michael Owen, and much soul-searching as to whether his affection can be reciprocated, Liverpool have finally joined Newcastle United in the official pursuit of the perplexed England striker.

Real Madrid confirmed last night that they had received a second offer from the Premiership for the 25-year-old, who was omitted from Wanderley Luxemburgo's squad for the first time, against Cadiz, on Sunday and spent yesterday in talks with officials from both Anfield and St James' Park.

Madrid have agreed a fee of about £16m with the Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd but Liverpool, currently not in a financial position or frame of mind to match that sum, are believed to have proposed a season-long loan with a view to a permanent £8m transfer next year.

Owen's stated preference for a return to Anfield over a one-year loan at Newcastle has increased Liverpool's conviction that they will sign the player on their terms before the transfer deadline tomorrow night, although Madrid have indicated that they will be happy to keep the forward if they deem the approach unacceptable.
The Real vice-president, Emilio Butragueno, revealed: "We have received two bids from England, one of which has been accepted already. The other will be discussed by the directors today. If Owen doesn't want to join a particular club after we have accepted a bid then he will stay and fight for Real. We can review the situation in January or at the end of the season if nothing happens this week."

The Liverpool chief executive, Rick Parry, will have more room for manoeuvre if the club off-load Djibril Cissé in the next 48 hours, with Marseilles declaring their interest.
ivor_the_injun

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:47 am

nufc1986 wrote:lets just talk footie tommo!

yes,we may well be able to laugh at them if owen comes to us!

but if he doesnt,your making ureself and all the toon fans look stupid!

sorry mate but just shut the :censored: up!  :angry:

:bowdown

too right on with the footie
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:49 am

why would they accept a loan move to their champions league rivals instead of double the amount of money and a team that won't rival them,they will reject liverpools bid if they had a brain!

but who knows i just hope souey has got a plan B! :(
nufc1986

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:51 am

tomm0 wrote:Regarding "parker isn't fit to clean gerrards boots". Let me present this to you. Who would you feel more confident with next summer at the world cup. Gerrard and Lampard who are clearly incompatible together, or Parker (imo the best holding player in the prem at the moment) and Lampard. The latter would be perfect I assure you. Lampard is 10x the player Gerrard is.

First of all, may I thank you for posting such HILARIOUS posts, I have a strong feeling that you're a comedian and don't even know it!  :D  :p

First of all Alonso's return from injury was vital for us in the later stage of the Champions league.

Lampard 10x better than Gerrard? BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

ehm, Lampard can only ever dream of dragging his team by the neck and drive them like Gerrad did in the final of the CL 3 months ago....Lets not forget, he had a very average season last year by his own very high standards, and yet he was fundamental in enabling us to make history again in the Champions League....Lampard is not capable of such a feat, Lampard is just about fit enough to wipe Gerrard's boots thank you very much!!

Parker, in your opinion is the best holding midfielder in the premiership? well that statement right there confirms to me that you're not only delusional but, erm well, sorry to inform you but you are absolutely CRAZY!!

I sincerely hope you find help in the future and wish you all of the very best matey :)  honestly :p

Cheers!
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:51 am

stmichael wrote:if souness could ruin a great side like us, and decent sides like blackburn and newcastle, just imagine what he could do with a sh#te team like everton.

worse than moyes anyway i mean moyes won the coveted wooden spoon from the asia cup for finishing 4th in a competition which contained 4 teams.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:51 am

if we agree the fee with Real....i'm confident he'll be back this time tomorrow.....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:52 am

any 1 up 4 drivin to owens house. ill sort the deal out, now were he lives his house backs on to northop golf course
kopite_1232002

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:53 am

i just hope souey has got a plan B

he's leaving it late for that....the transfer window shuts in 47 hours
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:53 am

adamnbarrett wrote:
stmichael wrote:if souness could ruin a great side like us, and decent sides like blackburn and newcastle, just imagine what he could do with a sh#te team like everton.

worse than moyes anyway i mean moyes won the coveted wooden spoon from the asia cup for finishing 4th in a competition which contained 4 teams.

yeah but that wasn't everton's fault.

everyone knows that their poor performance in the asia cup was because of heysel. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 am

everyone knows that their poor performance in the asia cup was because of hysel. 

and we're also to blame because they floped in their CL qualification  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 am

by the way tommo said parker was the best midfielder in the prem"AT THE MINUTE" and i back him up,no doubt you have not evan see parker this season! :)
nufc1986

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:55 am

stmichael wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:

yeah but that wasn't everton's fault.

everyone knows that their poor performance in the asia cup was because of heysel. :D

:laugh:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:56 am

no doubt you have not evan see parker this season! 

I watched the match vs Man u on telli....he looks competent, but can't honestly say he looked anything more than that in that match
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:56 am

Real Madrid will make it almost impossible for Owen to refuse Newcastle.

We can not and will not match what Newcastle is offering, Emilio has more or less said that if Owen does not accept the higher bid thats comes in for him, he will have to stay in Madrid and "fight" for his place. Owen knows full well that means he will get a few minutes here and there....He really has NO other option other than to accept Newcatsle as his new home if he wants to play football regularly.

Never mind, lets just look forward to the season ahead.

Cheers.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion