THE MICHAEL OWEN THREAD - all owen talk here from now on please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:48 pm

Their gonna offer him 4 yrs of struggling to get out of the bottom half of the prem, plus the added bonus of extended hols, cos they will exit all cup competitions nice and early like, and he wont have to worry about traveling all over Europe?..cos they wont be in any European comps!!! ha ha' :laugh:  :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:49 pm

Pinguinobetico wrote:Do you think liverpool will pay 22 millions 4 him??  ???

are we talking euro or £ ?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:49 pm

nufc1986 wrote:owen latest:

tommorows telegraph

this seems about right but on the news wires in the last 30 mins they are saying liverpool only put 9m on the table. dont forget they owe us 4m, it seems owen was more upset with his wage but even more up set that he might still find himself on the bench, liverpool told him that he should meet with Newcastle and to go and have a think.

by the way they are also saying that Marseille have put in a bid of 10m for Djibril Cisse
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:50 pm

nufc1986 wrote:zarababe- i aint come on here to start being a cuunt man!!

all i will say is! im not offering owen the contract!
freddy shepherd IS so ask him what he wants to come to this club for!
:D

:oh: that's the most offensive word in the world..

.. mmm why would he join Newcastle ..  :Oo: I wonder  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:51 pm

lakes10 wrote:

tommorows telegraph

this seems about right but on the news wires in the last 30 mins they are saying liverpool only put 9m on the table. dont forget they owe us 4m, it seems owen was more upset with his wage but even more up set that he might still find himself on the bench, liverpool told him that he should meet with Newcastle and to go and have a think.

by the way they are also saying that Marseille have put in a bid of 10m for Djibril Cisse

.. who is saying.. copme on ppl get a grip.. what are ya sources  ??? Lakes u stirring again  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:52 pm

when are the school holidays finished?! :angry:
nufc1986

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:52 pm

BBC say owen held talks with us and newcastle and they go on to say that a return to anfield seems more likely in the next 24 hours (my source was teletext) i'm looking for the link now.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:52 pm

I would be absolutely staggered if Newcastle got him, irrespective of the money they're offering.

If he wants to make himself look good, fine. But if he wants to be part of a team that plays a bit and is capable of competing in all competitions this season, you know where the smart dawg would go. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby matrix » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:53 pm

tommorows telegraph

everyone read that link  and you will realise we are holding all the keys to getting owen    kop talk  :angry:    just because he spoke to the toons,  that was the decent thing to do after there bid    but we will have to upt our bid to about 13 bulls  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:53 pm

Mmm...I wonder why?,,,no i cant think of a single reason.Mmmm?? ???  :p
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:53 pm

nufc1986 wrote:zarababe- i aint come on here to start being a cuunt man!!

all i will say is! im not offering owen the contract!
freddy shepherd IS so ask him what he wants to come to this club for!
:D

Oi shes a lady!! Are ya daft or do u call all ur ladies  men in  tyneside  so the team feel  more  masculine! A bunch  of dogs  with no  lead u got up there! Wastin good players like parker  ffs !! Souness is not a football manager,he cannot manage people ! Ur gooin dooonn Toon! lol
66-1120597113

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:54 pm

the thing that worris me is that on itv teletext they say owen met with rafa for 2 1/2 hours whereas he met with newcastle for 5-6 hours but this could mean anything.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:55 pm

What the hell?

Don't believe this for a second, but here's the latest spin from Fox Sports:
----------------------------
Cisse key in Owen move
From correspondents in Monaco
August 30, 2005

A PROPOSED loan deal for French striker Djibril Cisse may open the door for Michael Owen's Anfield return.

Monaco and Marseille are reported to be interested in Cisse, but a a Marseille source said overnight it had bowed out of the race "because we believe Cisse was loaned to Monaco on Monday for a sum of around 4 million euros ($6.5 million)".

Monaco denied this, but vice-president Gerard Brianti did admit it would be interested in signing the 17-times capped striker.

"He is an interesting player, and no club would refuse to have him," said Brianti.

Owen held talks with both Liverpool and Newcastle United overnight but it is believed while the Toon offered Real £17 million ($41 million), his old club is prepared to offer just £8 million.

Cisse, scorer of 15 goals in 39 appearances for Liverpool since joining from Auxerre in 2004, would not be eligible to play for Monaco in the UEFA Cup as he has already played in the Champions League this season.

Agence France-Presse
ivor_the_injun

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:56 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:the thing that worris me is that on itv teletext they say owen met with rafa for 2 1/2 hours whereas he met with newcastle for 5-6 hours but this could mean anything.

He was probably arguing with Souness! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:57 pm

the thing that worris me is that on itv teletext they say owen met with rafa for 2 1/2 hours whereas he met with newcastle for 5-6 hours but this could mean anything.

don't worry about that fella....Newcastle would take longer because lets face it, they have a heck of a lot of sweet talking to do!  :D

If i was rafa, i wouldn't say anything...i'd just walk in with the European cup, place it in front of him and ask if he would like to help Liverpool retain their title of EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion