THE MICHAEL OWEN THREAD - all owen talk here from now on please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby nufc1986 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:53 pm

why would shearer be on the bench?

................Given.....................
Carr..Taylor..Boumsong..babayaro
.............Parker..................
..Dyer/bowyer.....Emre........
..............Luque...........
.....Shearer.....Owen.............

now that is a team well in reach of top four,if everton can do it with their POOR POOR squad then we can do it with that!

if you carnt say thats a class lin-up then i don't know what to say!  :nod
nufc1986

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:55 pm

kieron dyer has to be the biggest joke in english football. the guy is always injured, scores about 2 goals a season, behaves like a tw@t most of the time and obviously got into the fight with bowyer last season.

the result? dyer gets a £20,000 a week rise and a new 4 year contract.

the mind boggles. :no
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:00 pm

nufc1986 wrote:why would shearer be on the bench?

................Given.....................
Carr..Taylor..Boumsong..babayaro
.............Parker..................
.......Emre........Dyer.........
..............Luque...........
.....Shearer.....Owen.............

now that is a team well in reach of top four,if everton can do it with their POOR POOR squad then we can do it with that!

if you carnt say thats a class lin-up then i don't know what to say!  :nod

Cause Owens' a good link up man, right?

It seems you have edited the post I responded to.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:00 pm

And as for England...Dyer and Hargreaves who i rate about the same......why do they always get in the squads
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:01 pm

Kieron Dyer out with a back injurie.
Forget it lad you 're spinless :p
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:02 pm

Don't know what injurie hes got ? :p
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:02 pm

My money is that - after all this - he's going to stay with Real.

It's just too late in the day, and I think Real are far too up themselves to risk looking like chumps in the transfer market. He'll agree personal terms with us, but they'll never agree to the fee. Similarly with Newcastle - they've agreed a fee, but as he's so dead against signing a 3 or 4 year contract, he won't agree personal terms.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:03 pm

Owen has spoken to Rafa this morning.....if we want him, he's ours.  Does Rafa want him? ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:03 pm

dyer doesnt always get in the squad!

hargreaves does for some really abnormal reason,evan though scotty parker has worked his :censored: off so far for us and been excellent and he doesnt get selected(evan jenas got selected)(jenas is over-rated)
nufc1986

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:04 pm

If  owen goes to "nuke castle" then it will only be on loan cant see him signing a four year deal?..imagine playing for that lot with no trophys, or medals to show!..just 4 yrs chasing everyone else!. Nah he's not that crazy. I thought he was due to speak to LFC? will this be tomorrow? or has he spoken to parry already.  ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:12 pm

????

KopTalk can reveal that Real Madrid striker Michael Owen has remained in the north east following his talks with Newcastle United this afternoon.

Having witnessed the former Liverpool ace arrive at Newcastle airport by private jet, we then followed Owen and his representatives to a Northumberland hotel along with a crew from Sky Sports. It was at this hotel that Owen's agent agreed personal terms with Newcastle.

We understand that Newcastle are offering the player around £20,000-a-week more than Liverpool but money isn't the motivating factor for the striker who wants to be playing football in the run-up to the World Cup Finals.

Following the talks Owen was whisked away in a vehicle with darkened out windows to be entertained at Alan Shearer's residence this evening. Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd then left the hotel in a Range Rover and headed back to St. James' Park with other club executives and they remain there at the time of this update.

Owen met Liverpool officials this morning but according to our source at Anfield, nothing was finalised to enable a transfer to Liverpool to go ahead before the August 31st deadline with work still to be done.

Our source told us: "Michael met the three of them this morning (Parry, Moores, Benitez) and was basically told that the club do want to sign him but that they will not be held to ransom by Real Madrid over the transfer fee.

"Liverpool are owed just short of £4million by Real Madrid and are prepared to wipe that debt and pay £6million in cash for him. This falls £7million short of what Newcastle have offered Real.

"The meeting was slightly subdued with Rafa continually asking Michael about why he was planning to talk to Newcastle officials in the afternoon. Michael explained that he was going to Newcastle as it was 'the right thing to do'.

"If Real Madrid accept Liverpool's offer then Michael will undergo a medical at Melwood and will sign for the club before the deadline.

"It is purely down to Real Madrid and Liverpool now. If they fail to agree a fee then it would appear that Michael will be a Newcastle player with his club already having agreed a transfer fee."

Sources at our sister site www.upthetoon.com believe that talks today were about a permanent deal and not a loan move as was first mooted. They say that Owen was impressed by Newcastle's facilities and general set-up but still wants a move to Anfield.

Looking good! or not?
nufc1986

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:15 pm

Looking good! or not?

Depends who for
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:15 pm

i thinkhe will get unveiled at the toon tommorow.IMO
nufc1986

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:16 pm

nufc1986 wrote:It was at this hotel that Owen's agent agreed personal terms with Newcastle.

I'm sorry - what am I not getting here?

Fee agreed with Real, personal terms agreed with the player's representative?...doesn't that essentially mean that Newcastle are on the verge of getting him?
ivor_the_injun

Postby Afroman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:18 pm

Vital words Kop talk
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion