The meeting?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:53 pm

Right now G & H are having the meeting with Rafa, what does everyone think the outcome is going to be?

I personally hope and pray they back him to the hilt and give him loads of wonga to spend on some world class players.

I hope to god todays result doesnt change things.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:56 pm

Ciggy wrote:Right now G & H are having the meeting with Rafa, what does everyone think the outcome is going to be?

I personally hope and pray they back him to the hilt and give him loads of wonga to spend on some world class players.

I hope to god todays result doesnt change things.

starting to sound like a chelsea fan there cigs. we have spent loads every year. we need to sell before we buy i say.

dont wanna buy the premiership like cheatski did.

rafa should say hes gonna sell: kuyt, crouch, carson, penant = 25-30million...then buy.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:starting to sound like a chelsea fan there cigs.

How? we have third choice players instead of world class ones, our club deserves to have world class players because we are the best club in the world.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:01 pm

but we shouldnt just throw money at it, got to get some money back before just buying the premiership in my opnion. impi$$ed off at this spend spend spend mentality
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:
dawson99 wrote:starting to sound like a chelsea fan there cigs.

How? we have third choice players instead of world class ones, our club deserves to have world class players because we are the best club in the world.

The yanks are not daff lynds....(i mean come on....  :p )....

They won't sack rafa....they will just ask him to get rid of some sqaud players before we buy again.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Maybe not dawson. Rafas tried it that way so far and in reality whilst we can maybe claim to have just 1 more true world class player in Torres are we any closer to winning the league? We still fail to finish chances at home to our biggest rivals. I dont care what :censored: happens in that meeting, as long as LFC come out the winners in the end.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:but we shouldnt just throw money at it, got to get some money back before just buying the premiership in my opnion. impi$$ed off at this spend spend spend mentality

Yes by all means sell the players that arnt good enough, but if Rafa wants a winger for 15-20 million then they should buy him one.

So he doesnt have to settle for the likes of Pennant for 6 million.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:12 pm

I dont think the owners will fork out more than 10mil again until we sell all we can. They didnt pull out 4mil for Kaladze no way they will fork out 15mil for another winger.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:16 pm

Ciggy wrote:
dawson99 wrote:but we shouldnt just throw money at it, got to get some money back before just buying the premiership in my opnion. impi$$ed off at this spend spend spend mentality

Yes by all means sell the players that arnt good enough, but if Rafa wants a winger for 15-20 million then they should buy him one.

So he doesnt have to settle for the likes of Pennant for 6 million.

in that case why did he settle for pennant? i agree we deserve world class, but rafa has been too easy with the purse strings buying mediocrity and now we are paying for it. has to be a time when someone says no more, sell first.

anyways, the meeting, not a chance he would ever be sacked. he is the right man but he needs to make some money before spending. the wage bill alone needs to be chopped considerably
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:22 pm

dawson99 wrote:in that case why did he settle for pennant? i agree we deserve world class, but rafa has been too easy with the purse strings buying mediocrity and now we are paying for it. has to be a time when someone says no more, sell first.

Because we couldnt afford to buy Alves for 15 million pound so we ended up with Pennant.

How many of these players would play for the other 3?

Crouch, Voronin, Benayoun, Kuyt, Riise, Aurelio.

Whilst they are good players they arnt great and we simply need more great players, like Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, one good thing to come out of todays result is we are short of atleast 3 world class players, that can be a match winner and win us the title so hopefully G & H will have realised that aswell.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:23 pm

I agree with cigg on this one as i said in another thread i think todays defeat puts Rafa in a better barganing position with the yanks it might sound :censored: ridiculas in sayin that but it just proved today in what Rafa has been telling them we need a couple of more quality players
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:24 pm

just how many players have we already brought? how much spent? how much more befpre someone says enough is enough. we need to sell first...

(seriously, anyone got any figures? as im pretty sure our turnover of players is ridiculous)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:20 pm

I think he will be told no more transfers in or OUT, and I think he may well leave at the end of the season if not before.

Dawson we have had a huge turnover in players, but to be fair he had a lot of dross to get rid of and instead of buying 2 quality players a year and struggling, decided to buy squad players to tide us over, probably expecting the bumper transfer chest he was no doubt promised when we got new owners (ha some chance of that one :D  )Now he is having to start replacing the squad players with better quality players. Not that he will be allowed to IMHO.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:40 pm

Thing is though even if he leaves, wont the new manager require some sort of warchest to spend on otherwise when he fails hell just say he was forced to inherit Rafas left overs.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:48 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thing is though even if he leaves, wont the new manager require some sort of warchest to spend on otherwise when he fails hell just say he was forced to inherit Rafas left overs.

Its doin my head in all this talk about Rafa leavin the mans not :censored: goin anywhere

Good point though Bav :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion