The meeting?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:40 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:very generic statement

is that a good thing or bad thing??

??? ??? ???

i think its bad, what it looks like is that much of the talking is going on with Rafa not there.

But the statement said Rafa was there.  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

??? ??? ???

i think its bad, what it looks like is that much of the talking is going on with Rafa not there.

Rafa was talking Live tp the press at 6:20pm, he then left for the meeting, ......and its over already?? what i am saying is that they spoke to Rafa for a short time at the end of the meeting and he was not there all the time.

bit like when head office come down to talk to your boss and then they call you in at the end to big you up....or put you down.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:45 pm

lakes10 wrote:

??? ??? ???

i think its bad, what it looks like is that much of the talking is going on with Rafa not there.So i take it he did not get told if he was going to get the new players.

Lakes lad your sacked i thought you new what was goin on up to the minute at Anfield
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:46 pm

lakes10 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:From .tv:

Liverpool FC issued the following press statement on Sunday night.
A meeting was held this evening involving Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Foster Gillett, Rick Parry and Rafa Benitez which was wide ranging and positive.

The discussions were amicable and constructive. All those present are united in their desire to bring further success to the club.

wow well that did not go on long.......i find that very strange.

LAKES is gutted that Rafas not gone how much have you lost :laugh:

lol, its not that, if the meeting was to talk about money and new players then i take it Rafa just got yes or no.

I take it the owners dont talk much then.

Maybe they got a budget price flight back and gotta make a dash to john lennon......... :eyebrow
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:49 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

??? ??? ???

i think its bad, what it looks like is that much of the talking is going on with Rafa not there.So i take it he did not get told if he was going to get the new players.

Lakes lad your sacked i thought you new what was goin on up to the minute at Anfield

lol, i am a bit gutted to tell you the truth, i was ment to be going to the game today, i got a call last night to say my mates dad has come over from France so he is going instead.

but then if i had gone to the game i would not have bee nable to talk all day the nice forum members lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:50 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

??? ??? ???

Rafa was talking Live tp the press at 6:20pm, he then left for the meeting, ......and its over already?? what i am saying is that they spoke to Rafa for a short time at the end of the meeting and he was not there all the time.

bit like when head office come down to talk to your boss and then they call you in at the end to big you up....or put you down.

You don't half invent scenarios do you, mate?  Perhaps Rafa walked in and Hicks said, "dang it, you was right, Rorfa, the squad's not good enough...let's start making some calls tomorrow."  There you have it--in and out in five minutes, tops. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:51 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

??? ??? ???

You don't half invent scenarios do you, mate?  Perhaps Rafa walked in and Hicks said, "dang it, you was right, Rorfa, the squad's not good enough...let's start making some calls tomorrow."  There you have it--in and out in five minutes, tops. :D

or " pack your bags after xmas"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:55 pm

it could be read like this

The discussions were amicable and constructive.( Rafa has agreed to leave the club and we know who the new manager is) All those present are united in their desire to bring further success to the club.(Rafa understands that its best he leaves as its in the clubs best intrest).

this is why it not a good PRESS STATEMENT, It could have been much better and said a lot more, this tells us nothing.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:58 pm

amicable implies a state of peace and a desire on the part of the parties not to quarrel

Dnt kno wat it means in the sense of Rafa and going( or money )
Does it mean they are not putting Rafa under pressure??
Does it mean they wont fight until the end of the season ???
:blues:
holylamb2006

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:58 pm

It does seem a bit fishy. Well im sure if anything major has happened we will know soon enough about it. You would think though that the statement would be a bit longer.

I think Rafa got a bollocking from the owners. A slap on the wrist telling him not to talk smack about them in public again otherwise hes toast.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:59 pm

lakes10 wrote:this tells us nothing.

Then why are you doing mental gymnastics trying to read so much into it?  You're liable to burst a blood vessel trying to parse the subtle hidden meanings of "amicable."  :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:04 pm

holylamb2006 wrote:amicable implies a state of peace and a desire on the part of the parties not to quarrel

Dnt kno wat it means in the sense of Rafa and going( or money )
Does it mean they are not putting Rafa under pressure??

lets hope so
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:17 pm

I think the new owners will be more in Rafas face than his previous employers thats for sure.

Problem for him is that he is not a man they chose to do the job so they will be looking to be impressed by a manager they inherited but so far it would seem they are pretty underwhelmed by Benitez.

I think the victory in Marseille has bought him time but had we lost there given todays debacle then it would have been no suprise too see him go already.

Benitez must do better or I fear this season will be has last with Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:19 pm

In fairness, you could have written that pres release before the meeting even took place. It's a standard one-liner and we would be foolish to expect anything more. Discussions being amicable basically means Rafa didn't vault over the table and head-butt Tom Hicks. Discussions being productive means that everyone said their piece and got it off their chest.

In truth though, they're hardly going to release a statement saying that Rafa has been given a £50 million warchest, even in the unlikely event that he has. Similarly, they're not going to release a statement quoting Hicks as saying "Roffa ain't getting another nickle till he wins the World Cup of football".

The discussions were brief, Rafa will have confirmed what eh said in his e0-mails and they'll have told him they're skint, but could he just win the League anyway. That's about the size of it I reckon.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:02 am

dawson99 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Right now G & H are having the meeting with Rafa, what does everyone think the outcome is going to be?

I personally hope and pray they back him to the hilt and give him loads of wonga to spend on some world class players.

I hope to god todays result doesnt change things.

starting to sound like a chelsea fan there cigs. we have spent loads every year. we need to sell before we buy i say.

dont wanna buy the premiership like cheatski did.

rafa should say hes gonna sell: kuyt, crouch, carson, penant = 25-30million...then buy.

I think you forgot MOMO (Lucas can do the job as DM).
LiverpoolMadman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion