The meeting?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thing is though even if he leaves, wont the new manager require some sort of warchest to spend on otherwise when he fails hell just say he was forced to inherit Rafas left overs.

I'm not sure that if Rafa goes the new manager will get much in the way of a warchest Bav. Maybe he will have to sell to buy? I can't see any of the top managers wanting to come here under those conditions, which may be why I read that O'Neill is rumoured to be next one in.
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:19 pm

I think G&H will use this meeting to see if Rafa is the man to be the Manager 2008-2009.

New players will be talked about, What ones we needs and why we need them (what players did Rafa buy that have not worked out and why they have not worked out).

What players to sell and why they have not worked out at our club.

if it comes out that Rafa got the players wrong then i dont see them giving him the money for any new ones, plus if that was the case then we would also be looking for a new manager, for one i dont think Rafa would stay if he has no money to buy players and on top of that the owners need to know the manager will spend the money on the right players and if rafa has got it wrong he will not be the manager any more.

we are run like a company new and rafa will be treated as such.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:00 pm

As ive just said in the other thread, gone are the days where a manger could take his time in buildinga dynasty like Fergie was given. I suppose in a way it was lucky there wasnt that much money those days as id be surprised if he was given 10 years to build a title winning side these days. I think Rafa will get 1 more year of spending the yanks money and then if not hes :censored:. And once hes :censored: then we are :censored:.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:20 pm

From .tv:

Liverpool FC issued the following press statement on Sunday night.
A meeting was held this evening involving Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Foster Gillett, Rick Parry and Rafa Benitez which was wide ranging and positive.

The discussions were amicable and constructive. All those present are united in their desire to bring further success to the club.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Bad Bob wrote:From .tv:

A meeting was held this evening involving Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Foster Gillett, Rick Parry and Rafa Benitez which was wide ranging and positive.

The discussions were amicable and constructive. All those present are united in their desire to bring further success to the club.

See its positives like that we wanna hear bob not the doom and gloom nice one lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:27 pm

wow well that did not go on long.......i find that very strange.

Rafa was still talking to the press at 6:20pm
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:27 pm

I just hope if the two yanks want to sack benitez then all of his spanish signins dnt go with him because it would be a disaster .....

Torres,Reina,Alonso,Arbeloa ...

I want Benitez to win stuff with Liverpool obviously because he has been with us for a couple of years....
but i hope Rafa will realize that they need to sell Arbeloa,Voronin,Sissoko,Pennant,Carson,Kuyt these pplayers would at least rake in
20-30 million then possibly with watever money G & H give rafa even 15  million that means 45 million ( thats plenty money)

And tstop buying wasters with no talent ....
holylamb2006

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:28 pm

lakes10 wrote:

LAKES is gutted that Rafas not gone how much have you lost :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:30 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

lol, its not that, if the meeting was to talk about money and new players then i take it Rafa just got yes or no.

I take it the owners dont talk much then.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:31 pm

holylamb2006 wrote:I just hope if the two yanks want to sack benitez then all of his spanish signins dnt go with him because it would be a disaster .....

Torres,Reina,Alonso,Arbeloa ...

I want Benitez to win stuff with Liverpool obviously because he has been with us for a couple of years....
but i hope Rafa will realize that they need to sell Arbeloa,Voronin,Sissoko,Pennant,Carson,Kuyt these pplayers would at least rake in
20-30 million then possibly with watever money G & H give rafa even 15  million that means 45 million ( thats plenty money)

And tstop buying wasters with no talent ....

WELL :censored: me pardon the swearin but havnt you just said that Arbeloa is :censored: and not good enough to play for Liverpool make your mind up lad you worried he might go then your sayin sell him :suspect:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:32 pm

the word that sticks out for me is "amicable"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:32 pm

lakes10 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

lol, its not that, if the meeting was to talk about money and new players then i take it Rafa just got yes or no.

I take it the owners dont talk much then.

Hes got a big fat cheque :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:33 pm

very generic statement

is that a good thing or bad thing??

??? ??? ???
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:36 pm

WELL  me pardon the swearin but havnt you just said that Arbeloa is  and not good enough to play for Liverpool make your mind up lad you worried he might go then your sayin sell him

Ah ye i made a mistake ..... :)
holylamb2006

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:very generic statement

is that a good thing or bad thing??

??? ??? ???

i think its bad, what it looks like is that much of the talking is going on with Rafa not there.So i take it he did not get told if he was going to get the new players.
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion