The man city fire sale - Roll up, roll up.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Deffo would have bellamy back reckon Hodgson would get the best ov of him. Met him with shay given where i work just after the henry Ireland incident consoled him about it and given thanked me. Then turned to bellamy ane done the golf Barcelona thing!  He love iu until i said to him nice one DAVE,he said whos dave?  Then realised it was CRAIG! Fools and horses momentDOH!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:03 pm

id take bridge as we need a lb.take swp and ireland would be good signings and would def improve the team
ireland is a strange one,bit of a crackpot really with the whole grannygate saga,pink hummer and angel tats.it would be interesting to see how he would cope under pressure playing every week.
aside from the crazy stuff he is a top player and would love to see him here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Bridge and Bellamy please!  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:04 am

I don't think Man City will selling any players to us ... unless we sell our torres to them 1st ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:54 am

Bellamy....we shouldn't have got rid of him in the 1st place.

Buy him and stick him on the right flank.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:55 am

SWP Ireland and De jong(if mach leaves)
The Raven

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:03 am

A lot of the issues with signing any of the current City crop is how much they're being paid at City and whether they have a desire to play football or just earn money by doing sweet FA

I'd take De Jong and Ireland any day. Quite a few of them would strengthen us considerably
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mart » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 am

De Jong if masch leaves and Ireland would be good additions, but please not bellamy again.

Any left back would help too.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:21 am

NANNY RED wrote:id make a sneaky cheapo bid for  Javier Garrido . about 2 million. hes got about a year left on his contract

We don't need a soft LB like him Nanny. He's afraid of tackling, and he gives a lot of space to his attacking man because he hasn't confidence on his turn.

He knows shooting a free kick, but that's not good enough.

BTW, is that Jo Alves any good or completely shíte? I don't remember much of him and my local club is interested on him  :suspect:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:25 am

Sabre wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:id make a sneaky cheapo bid for  Javier Garrido . about 2 million. hes got about a year left on his contract

We don't need a soft LB like him Nanny. He's afraid of tackling, and he gives a lot of space to his attacking man because he hasn't confidence on his turn.

BTW, is that Jo Alves any good or completely shíte? I don't remember much of him and my local club is interested on him  :suspect:

Sabes i said him because he is about the only one we could afford mate.  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 pm

he wont sell de jong and ireland how many midfielders do we want for fecksake. We need strikers strikers strikers strikers strikers strikers strikers!
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Sabes i said him because he is about the only one we could afford mate.  :laugh:

beggars can't be choosers.

a buen hambre no hay pan duro  :D
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:they have got 37 players in the squad.. joke of a club, how can they get good teamwork with THAT many, there will be a lot of sales

I gather from other forums that because of the massive loopholes within this new rule that Citeh only need to lose seven players - and even then they don't have to sell, they can loan out, they just can't register and use more than 25 (in the main squad)

It is such a complex yet daft rule that it has many a loophole. Arsenal don't have much in the way of English/British 1st XI players, but Clichy, Fabregas, Song, Denilson etc qualify as they have been here so long!

And if any team does fall short of the 25 they can include unlimited U21s so the rule is likely to be more debated on forums than make the Premiership in any way more "English"

As for this "firesale", why should they sell to us?!?! They can sell to any club, especially if we are looking to pay UNDER market value. Find a Turkish club willing to pay a bit and bob's your uncle, fanny's just your aunt you wonder why people call her that.

So I'm not sure why this new set of rules would instantly mean we can raid COMS for bargains because it doesn't. They were an overstocked shop as it was, still paying big for players who everyone wonders if they will improve the squad. If they can afford to throw money at players then they can afford not to sell but loan instead. They already reportedly turned down a figure of around £16m for Robinho who they don't want so why would they sell players to us cheap!?!?!?!?

EDIT : I think we should have raided pompey with better effect than paying over the odds for a RB. Defoe and Kranjcar could have been great signings and combined would have doubtless cost less than Johnson, although we might not have got our £7m debt paid for Crouch but we might have got Kranjcar or Defoe + cash instead
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 pm

JoeTerp wrote:beggars can't be choosers.

Yes good phrase that.

But in the case of Garrido, it's better the hunger than the bread for the body  :D
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Sabre wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:beggars can't be choosers.

Yes good phrase that.

But in the case of Garrido, it's better the hunger than the bread for the body  :D

You don't seem to be standing up for your Euskaldunak brother.  They might take away your card  :D
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion