The lamest bit of business lfc will ever do - The £8m + real right midfielder deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:22 am

this whole deal absolutely sucks from liverpool's point of view. for all we know, this nunez guy could be sh#t hot but he's not a replacement for owen is he. benitez must have another striker lined up aswell. :Oo:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:29 am

This is absolutely ridiculous!  Owen for £8mil is a fvcking outrage!  8million for one of Englands best strikers of the modern era!?  ****** nunez.  I don't think that Rafa was expecting this, how could he?  After Owen was glowing with his assesment in the US and looked set to sign a new contract on Monday.  I then leave to go camping for three days and the deals as good as done!  I just can't believe he'd ditch us so willingly, after his pledge to do all he could to make sure Liverpool benefited if he left.

I feel betrayed.  This must be how Man U fans felt when Beckham left for Madrid. I never thought I'd be making comparisons like that.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:29 am

I think he just couldn't take it when Rafa said EVERYBODY had to fight for their place.  MO has been spoilt for so long under GH, playing even when he wasn't in form.  I think he threw the rattle out of his pram, when Rafa came along and didn't care about "what's your name" but instead concentrated on "how are you playing".
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:29 am

Becks just wants company on the bench an they better keep there bloody mouth shut an not start askin to bring gerrard over there with them now the vierra deal seems to have fell thru :angry:

Beckham hoping to see Owen and Vieira at Real

(Adds further quotes from Beckham)

MADRID, Aug 13 (Reuters) - David Beckham is hoping that both Liverpool striker Michael Owen and Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira will soon join him at Real Madrid and help the side bounce back from the disappointments of last season.

"With Vieira and Owen we would improve a lot," the England captain told Spanish sports daily AS on Friday. "Having two players like them in our team would help us a great deal and we'd be much stronger.

You have to remember that they are two of the best players in the world and they would add extra quality to any team."

Spanish media reported on Friday that Real were poised to close a deal with Liverpool which would see England striker Owen join the club for 12 million euros ($14.71 million) while second string midfielder Antonio Nunez would move in the opposite direction.

But the Madrid-based sports dailies said the deal to sign Vieira was on hold after Arsenal had upped the asking price for the French international to 38 million euros.

Beckham said whatever the state of the negotiations it appeared both players were keen to join Real.

We have to have respect for both Arsenal and Liverpool, but if the players decide to leave -- and that seems to be the case -- then I hope they come to Real Madrid where they will find themselves very welcome."

Real ended last season without a trophy for the first time in five years, finishing a disappointing fourth in the Primera Liga and ending their campaign with a worst-ever five match losing streak.

Beckham admitted he had suffered a loss of form in the second half of last season, but said that injuries and speculation about his private life had affected him.

"Last season I played the best football of my life in my first six months here, but for various reasons I started to play really badly after Christmas.

"I picked up two injuries and a cut on my ankle and then people started to say things about me off the pitch and it all played a part." But the former Manchester United midfielder said he expected the arrival of new coach Jose Antonio Camacho would help both him and the team recover their form this season.

"He's a very tough coach," he said. "But that suits me because I'm used to working with managers like that. Alex Ferguson was a very demanding coach and that is a very good thing for any team."

Real were forced to go into the qualifying round for this season's Champions League, but enjoy a 2-0 lead after the first leg of their tie against Wisla Krakow with the return at the Bernabeu on August 25.

They open their Spanish league campaign with a match at Real Mallorca the following weekend.

:angry:  :angry: P#ss off becks
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:36 am

cisses, it was owen who did not want to sign the contract extension. The deal was done and only awaiting his medical.

I don't think he'd be able to dislodge a fit Rolando, as Ronny can produce astounding shots wheras Owen relies more on his pace.

I wish him luck, just very unsatisfied that Liverpool only gets 9 million cash plus a right sided player who we know little about, Antonio Núñez.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:37 am

He wont be able to knock at the neighbours house now his mothers for a bit of sugar ???

Dad spearheading Liverpool striker Owen's Real Madrid move
tribalfootball.com - August 13, 2004

The Dad of Liverpool striker Michael Owen is leading negotiations with Real Madrid over a deal for his son.

Terry Owen, with the striker's agent, Tony Stephens, has stressed to Real his son's desire to join them - although that has somewhat handed the initiative to the Spanish who are in less of a hurry to sign him than he is to leave, says the Independent.

Liverpool are keen to wrap up a deal today and may be forced to lower their cash demands to fit into their deadline. The fee is now expected to be a cash deal of between £8 and £9 million, with midfielder Carlos Nunez also moving in part-exchange.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is said to have made it plain that he wants the player to go after contract talks broke down
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:02 pm

I feel sorry for Nunez. Some will blame him for MO leaving. I reckon he will take a lot of stick if he does'nt perform straight away. Just like what happend  to Cheyrou when GH compared him with Zidane
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PETER235 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:13 pm

Oh well !!!!
It sounds like a done deal, lets just get on with the season.

Roll on tomorrow.
PETER235

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:17 pm

8 million and some unknown spansih guy is not al ot better than what we got for Heskey, this is absolutely ridiculous.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sammy lee's handbag » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:21 pm

does anyone know who does negotiate on LFC's behalf? Presumably it is Rick Parry and assorted muppets?
sammy lee's handbag

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:24 pm

I trusted in Rafa when he sold Murphy, but look who we are buying now?
:(
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:50 pm

Does anyone anywhere (including the Madrid fans) know who the fooooook Nunez is. If thing were the other way around i doubt the madrid fans would be happy if they lost Raul in exchange for 8 mill and Robbie Foy. (no offence robbie :) )
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:56 pm

Just read that Nunez agent had indicated Rafa was in negotiation with Nunez for about a month now. So, he may be one of Rafa's target all along. I think Nunez will be much better than Cheyrou because the quality of players in Li Liga is much better. Just take a look at Li Liga and any team can beat any team there. Unlike EPL, there is a big gap in terms of talent between Top and Bottom team. Also, Nunez is know for his speed and skill. His agent indicated he might be playing the RIght Flank eventhough he is a Central Midfielder.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:59 pm

akumaface wrote:I think Nunez will be much better than Cheyrou

jesus christ. if he's not then cheyrou should be playing for real madrid. :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:38 pm

This deal sucked balls.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.