The lamest bit of business lfc will ever do - The £8m + real right midfielder deal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zackboxer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:11 am

zackboxer wrote:Chill - were going to buy Kevin Beattie !!  :cool:

That was a joke guys, check out a thread called "Beating a track to pool" it will explain it ! :)
Last edited by zackboxer on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:20 am

Quite frankly, the whole MO situation has been a joke for the past 18 months.

Firstly MO has been in the shadows of SG because , put simply SG has been a better player than MO for the past couple of years!!!

MO will be in the shadows of Raul and Ronaldo at Real madrid, for sure, unless of course there is injuries. There is no way, MO will dislodge Raul, a local boy, or Ronaldo, who could walk in to any club in the world, and is widely regarded as the best there is.

I cannot see any benefit of MO moving to Madrid, than greed (money!!) Do they stand a better chance of winning the Champions league than LFC?, possibly.

MO has shafted LFC big style, only a week ago he was stating on an interview with LFC.TV that he is 'closer' to signing an extension. I mean, really what is truly involved in negotiating a contract?. at the end, LFC have been left with taking what they can from a player, who pre-Euro 2004 (and MO's crappy displays) we could have got in excess of 20 million for the player!!!

MO was stating as well when we had all the SG saga, it would be disastrous if he left, it would put LFC back years. Well I for one am absolutely chuffed SG is staying and MO (if he has to) is going, he is replaceable (Baros, Cisse), SG certainly for the short term, would not have been.

P.S. How can a dipsy who supports Everton 4 Life (DOM 1?), be an 'LFC Guru member' on a LFC discussion forum, what is he sick or something?? Or is it because there is no discussion forum for Everton fans, because most of them cannot read or write!!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:29 am

I agree Maximus

MO will find it hard breaking into the Real team.  Ok, they will play him at the start, they have to don't - they paid the money.  But after the first 2-3 games, it will be back to Ronaldo and Rual/Morientes.

I think, if it only about football (and not money), he would have been better staying at LFC.  I think Rafa's playing style would have suited Owen.  We're all but guaranteed a play in the CL proper.  New signings will be coming, and we'll have 2 proper wingers, and a strong CMF.

But then again, we know it's not about the football! :glare:
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:36 am

Oh, how I would like to be a fly on the wall when negotiaitions were taking place.

I just do not understand, there were reports suggesting we were going to make MO the highest paid player at LFC, rumours were circulating at 90k-100k per week!!, so thinking about it, the 'motivation' to leave us may not even be money.

Why has MO really left LFC? Is there something we do not know about?

I guess we wil never know.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:36 am

I feel totally betrayed, if we had got 10 mil and morientes it would have been a good deal but 8 or 9 mil and Nunez is a joke. Real must be laughing their heads off at LFC. GH, MO and that *rshole Parry have tollay f*cked us up on this. I hope Parry f*cks off to the FA and starts pokin a secretary. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:41 am

Boocity wrote:I feel totally betrayed, if we had got 10 mil and morientes it would have been a good deal but 8 or 9 mil and Nunez is a joke.

And even more of a joke it is if we allow them to sign Alonso from right under our noses as well. I pray that, if this lousy deal is to be done, they at least have the brains to demand Real to stay the f*** away from Alonso!
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:43 am

maximus wrote:Oh, how I would like to be a fly on the wall when negotiaitions were taking place.

I just do not understand, there were reports suggesting we were going to make MO the highest paid player at LFC, rumours were circulating at 90k-100k per week!!, so thinking about it, the 'motivation' to leave us may not even be money.

There was talk about him not liking Rafa's "Take-not-Sh1t" attitude!!  :glare:
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:50 am

addicted norwegian wrote:
Boocity wrote:I feel totally betrayed, if we had got 10 mil and morientes it would have been a good deal but 8 or 9 mil and Nunez is a joke.

And even more of a joke it is if we allow them to sign Alonso from right under our noses as well. I pray that, if this lousy deal is to be done, they at least have the brains to demand Real to stay the f*** away from Alonso!

I don't think parry's got the brains to stop that
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:51 am

hawkmoon269 wrote:
maximus wrote:Oh, how I would like to be a fly on the wall when negotiaitions were taking place.

There was talk about him not liking Rafa's "Take-not-Sh1t" attitude!!  :glare:

if that is the case, then hail King Rafa!!!!..........It sabout time these jumped up little 'superstars' realised, you play and committ to the TEAM, not Owen PLC, or Diouf PLC or Murphy PLC e.t.c. e.t.c.  :glare:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:06 am

Quote (myself @ earlier)
Kevin Beattie is a bit slow for a striker but what a goal tally he has racked up for the Saints. Very good header of the ball too.

I did say Kevin Beattie...

James Beattie! Kevin used to play in the 70s for Ipswich Town. Nice one, guys!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:06 am

erm didnt raffa leave him out the squad for reasons it would lower his transfer value? We should have f@cking played him if we r only gettin 9 mill for him that why he couldnt play against us in europe :p  :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:08 am

Just caught on Talk Sport that MO is claiming he has been forced out of Liverpool. Not sure if this is true, but sounds like sour grapes to me as he could have signed a contract 12 months ago (even 7 days ago would have done!).
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:10 am

According to the Telegraph Online, Owen has signed for Real in a deal worth a little over 11 million pounds with Antonio Nunez and 9 million cash.

This means that he was sold for the same amount as a washed-up Fowler a few years ago...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:13 am

jymbojetset wrote:Just caught on Talk Sport that MO is claiming he has been forced out of Liverpool. Not sure if this is true, but sounds like sour grapes to me as he could have signed a contract 12 months ago (even 7 days ago would have done!).

Wasn`t he ready to sign the new contract just a week ago? One wouldn`t think that he would have played as much as he did in the USA, if Rafa was set to force him out ???
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:21 am

If you seen his reaction after he scored against roma he wasnt a happy chappy he didnt go to the fans an shrugged off his team mates :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion