The imminent squad reshuffle... - ...thoughts?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:03 pm

rocky29 wrote:am sorry but we need to use gerrard or masch  as bait to land either schneijder or schwinesteiger. If we could get one of those two if would make a massive difference!

What a crock!!!

Are either of those players better than Gerrard or Masch. If you think so you need your head read lad.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:47 pm

These are the players that will most probably leave Anfield ( in my opinion) due to either being not good enough , or wanting to leave...

Masch 30 mil
Degen 3 mil
N'gog 4.5 mil
Yossi 6 mil
Riera 6,7 mil
Soto 1.5 mil
So that gives us 45 mil from selling players and the 15 mil "PROMISED" to be given to Roy .. Totally 60 mil
I would go something like this
Gilberto Silva 3 mil
Arda Turan 15 mil
Marko Marin 12 mil
Milovanoic Free
Van Der Vaart 10 mil
Benzema ( if real sell him for something like 18 mil ..
But the reality is that Roy will probably not gamble with unproved premier league players, so out of these i guess only Gilberto Silva has a chance of coming
centarec

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:01 am

centarec wrote:These are the players that will most probably leave Anfield ( in my opinion) due to either being not good enough , or wanting to leave...

N'gog 4.5 mil

:D  :laugh:  :D

We bloody wish! Who too!?!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:23 am

centarec wrote:These are the players that will most probably leave Anfield ( in my opinion) due to either being not good enough , or wanting to leave...

Masch 30 mil
Degen 3 mil
N'gog 4.5 mil
Yossi 6 mil
Riera 6,7 mil
Soto 1.5 mil
So that gives us 45 mil from selling players and the 15 mil "PROMISED" to be given to Roy .. Totally 60 mil
Gilberto Silva 3 mil
Arda Turan 15 mil
Marko Marin 12 mil
Milovanoic Free
Van Der Vaart 10 mil
But the reality is that Roy will probably not gamble with unproved premier league players, so out of these i guess only Gilberto Silva has a chance of coming

Good list, but I don't think that Roy will be going for so many foreigners.  They'll be at least a couple of British players coming in.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:04 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:

Masch 30 mil
Degen 3 mil
N'gog 4.5 mil
Yossi 6 mil
Riera 6,7 mil
Soto 1.5 mil
Gilberto Silva 3 mil
Arda Turan 15 mil
Marko Marin 12 mil
Milovanoic Free
Van Der Vaart 10 mil

Good list, but I don't think that Roy will be going for so many foreigners.  They'll be at least a couple of British players coming in.

Radio 5 were linking Roy with a move for Ashley Young. Dunno if it would happen, but it would be a good start.

as for that list...3 million for Degen? N'gog 4.5 mil? 
:laugh:

No chance. Degen is made of glass and isn't worth a jot and N'gog is championship quality and worth 2 million at best.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby boodiddy1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:04 am

Have to agree with kewell in that you'll be pushed to get 2m combined for Deggan and N'gog.
i'd like to see us try to get Arda Turan. A quality player with technical ability similar to Otzil. Just not been seen on the World stage yet.

I'd like to see a purchase or try to get Cissoko from Lyon. The left back that caused us terrible problems last season in group stages.

We can all see we need a striker to help burden on Torres. We have Jovanovic now, but he looks more like a battering ram type player. We could look at David Guiza. Wouldnt cost the earth. Replacing Masch with Gilberto wouldnt be a disaster! Save us a fortune also. Joe Cole would be great, but lets be honest here, he's a little Londener! That boy wont travel!

Would some of city's surplus players be of benefit to us? Bridge, Onohua, Richards, Ireland or Johnson. It would certainly help the british based policy. Personally, any of those could help us. All good enough to play for us at certain points in the season.

Its gonna be interesting thats for sure! :p
boodiddy1

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:42 am

Masch 30 mil
Degen 3 mil
N'gog 4.5 mil
Yossi 6 mil
Riera 6,7 mil
Soto 1.5 mil
Gilberto Silva 3 mil
Arda Turan 15 mil
Marko Marin 12 mil
Milovanoic Free
Van Der Vaart 10 mil

Id love to know what youve been smoking  :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 am

crazyhorse wrote:
rocky29 wrote:am sorry but we need to use gerrard or masch  as bait to land either schneijder or schwinesteiger. If we could get one of those two if would make a massive difference!

What a crock!!!

Are either of those players better than Gerrard or Masch. If you think so you need your head read lad.

did i say that i meant if stevie and want to leave then we have to replace them with to of the best midfielders in europe at the moment!
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 am

who thinks the gerrard torres saga depends if one leaves the other follows.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:03 am

I'm not ar'sed as long as Kuyt, Lucas and Babel stay
Thommo's perm

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 am

Well all the noises I'm hearing suggest that Torres and Gerrard will be staying now which is good news. I expect Mascherano to go though and it's really just a case of Inter matching what we consider to be an acceptable asking price which I presume will be around £30m.

Was completely underwhelmed yesterday when I heard us linked with Ashley Young. A one trick pony who's living off one good season imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Calum » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Just saw Harry Redknapp on Sky Sports talking about an interest in Diego Forlan. Jeez, how many strikers do they need? Defoe, Crouch, Keane, Gudjohnsen, Pavlyuchenko. Hodgson should go for Pavlyuchenko. Or bring Keane back? Would much prefer Forlan, but he isn't going to go to a club not in the CL.
Calum

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:33 pm

I think it's imperative that we sign an absolutely top quality centre half if we are to challenge for honours. I actually think this is even more pressing a need than signing a striker (because i think if we actually play Babel there he might be alright).

Now given our finances, we are going to need to nick one cheap. Fortunately, our manager has recent history of such purchases (Hangelund for 5 mill, Chris Smalling for a 6 inch Subway BMT and a packet of Walkers cheese and onion), so hopefully he can find another.

Masherano will be sold which will at least break "the axis" once and for all and might mean we don't play two holding midifelders when we play Blackpool at Home next season, and I guess Lucas will become our holder, which is fine by me. The conundrum remains Alberto Aquilani, and we'll see what Roy makes of that one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:41 pm

bigmick wrote:Masherano will be sold which will at least break "the axis" once and for all and might mean we don't play two holding midifelders when we play Blackpool at Home next season, and I guess Lucas will become our holder, which is fine by me. The conundrum remains Alberto Aquilani, and we'll see what Roy makes of that one.

yeah it'll be interesting to see whether hodgson uses gerrard in central midfield more regularly as aquilani and jovanovic can both play in the hole. the only question then is who plays wide left? i don't want to see riera in a red shirt again, benayoun has gone and babel isn't a winger.

also, if lucas has a really good season watch all the fans say that hodgson got the best out of him which rafa couldn't do. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:48 pm

stmichael wrote:also, if lucas has a really good season watch all the fans say that hodgson got the best out of him which rafa couldn't do. :D

Wouldn't that be true though?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion