The imminent squad reshuffle... - ...thoughts?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Must admit I expected to us to have signed a LB and/or striker by now. First it was Remy and Figueroa, then it was Salcido and Peter Crouch (or Carlton Cole), and now it seems like we've moved on to Ola Toivonen (who, like Remy, I'd never heard of) and Paul Koncheskey, a run of the mill Prem player who I just can't get excited about at all. 

The only significant improvement we've made is in the addition of Joe Cole, a top quality proven prem performer. Chances are Poulsen will prove more useful than Lucas but then we're about to lose Masch and that's downgrade our midfield whether we have the time or money to sign a replacement or not. It's a silly position to be in, worse than the two previous windows that is for sure. Then, we had time and money to find an appropraite replacement for Alonso - we just failed - and £17m to spend on Johnson, who I see as one of our best players. There's no sign of such large outlays this time around.
LFC2007

Postby jimmy brighton » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Calum wrote:Why do we keep buying midfielders when we are clearly light up front? Who are we relying on to score goals when Torres isn't playing? N'Gog and Babel? Good grief. I think it would be better to play Joe Cole up front, given the amount of midfielders there are. Bellamy is there on a plate, but Roy doesn't seem interested in anyone. What's he playing at?

Bellamy's at his home club and apparently couldn't be happier (and Cardiff seen as Citeh are paying his wages!). Babel got 1 chance against Trab in the 1st leg and put it away (ok he was absolutely pants up til then). N'gog got off to a decent start (4 goals out of our first 5, okay, poor opposition) but tonight floundered when given that sitter of a header. I do believe these two will get stronger but do feel we need that 4th striker. Kuyt's staying which is good (despite his 1st half performance tonight and his Citeh debacle) but if Masch (the sh*t) is going then that money should be used for a replacement for Insua (hopefully he goes) and our precious 4th striker  :)
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Thewaykokid » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:53 pm

would be nice to see us actually doing something as opposed to being linked and dissapointed constantly :angry:
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby steveh8204 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Does anyone know how our squad is looking with regards to the 25 man rule?

Just read on the Liverpool Echo site that we would have to get rid of a few players before Tuesday so was wondering how far off it we are.

Wouldn't have thought much but if we are to get rid of a couple hopefully it'll bring in a few quid, though I'd imagine they'll just be loan deals.

Can't imagine we've got many players who are exempt from the rule (home grown etc).
steveh8204

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion