The health of the forum. - New threads and posts.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:42 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Must admit the standards upped alot today. Was impressed with one or two threads and the winger thread and the thread about Sissy and Sinama is superb.

Yeah, thats because a lot of the older members rolled their sleeves up and made an effort.

Thats the solution to the problems. If 10 - 15 of the regular members post quality stuff, the cr.ap and spam threads quickly disappear.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:56 pm

Spot on, but there needs to be done in more than one or two threads. We need to have more good discussions that WONT turn into a huge arguement like it has in the past. Sure we can have a bit of a banter, but not to a point that we have to take it personally.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:02 am

arguments tend more to happen in general chat,where any subject arises i.e. politics and most of them you should speak about to friends  because i.e. politics causes arguments,but on here where you have so many cultures and backgrounds alot of threads will cause an argument........because of ones own opinion is bound to differ with somebody else's.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:06 am

drummerphil wrote:arguments tend more to happen in general chat,where any subject arises i.e. politics and most of them you should speak about to friends  because i.e. politics causes arguments,but on here where you have so many cultures and backgrounds alot of threads will cause an argument........because of ones own opinion is bound to differ with somebody else's.

I've seen plenty of arguements in this area [I used to be one of the culprits] that would get into an arguement with someone due to disagreement.

If you disagree with someone then accept it, and try to prove one another wrong rather than having a go at each other and turning it to a roast.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:46 am

A.B. wrote:
drummerphil wrote:arguments tend more to happen in general chat,where any subject arises i.e. politics and most of them you should speak about to friends  because i.e. politics causes arguments,but on here where you have so many cultures and backgrounds alot of threads will cause an argument........because of ones own opinion is bound to differ with somebody else's.

I've seen plenty of arguements in this area [I used to be one of the culprits] that would get into an arguement with someone due to disagreement.

If you disagree with someone then accept it, and try to prove one another wrong rather than having a go at each other and turning it to a roast.

i'm not saying arguments are not around these parts also..............i've seen a few too (i've been here longer than you so there  :eyebrow )..........but the recent bad ones have been in General chat.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:47 am

drummerphil wrote:
A.B. wrote:

i'm not saying arguments are not around these parts also..............i've seen a few too (i've been here longer than you so there  :eyebrow )..........but the recent bad ones have been in General chat.

Its wierd, i tend not to argue no more... i think people realise theres no point and just leave me to it... :D
115-1073096938

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:52 am

i only tend to fall out with visiting tools on here.....chelsea forever,toon,pompey etc
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:54 am

What happened to LIVERPOOLANYTIME speaking of arguements?

:D
115-1073096938

Postby drummerphil » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:56 am

stu_the_red wrote:What happened to LIVERPOOLANYTIME speaking of arguements?

hes still here.........hoodfella
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:58 am

stmichael wrote:those who think the forum is in a bad state should remember what it was like about four or five months ago before the season started. it was in such a state that some of the most respected posters on here threatened to leave and even some of the moderators wanted to step down from their positions.

Yeah our plan almost worked but you're still here   :(    If only we'd pushed a little harder .  :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:34 am

Its impossible to keep everyone happy on a discussion board like this.I personally joined here when a mate (not even a Liverpool fan) recommended it as an easy going place where newbies could fit in easily.And thats the way i found it,supersub didnt take any sh.it but he ruled with the proverbial iron fist in a  velvet glove.People like Beavis,Dom, and Cheesecakery got away with murder but they generally added to the light hearted atmosphere of the site.Im not a big one for rules and im rarely in favour of bans(Stu was the anti-christ on here awhile back but now he`s one of the forum elders)it just shows people change and grow up eventually(Liverpoolanytime and BarryBelfast maybe?).Newbies either learn eventually or move on to pastures new.Thats just the way it is.So why dont we stop getting our collective knickers in a twist over this issue.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:40 am

Hi Greenred , spot on mate, i said earlier in this thread we might be guilty of taking ourselves a tad too seriously sometimes on here.

It's like the Premiership League in here sometimes, you have to trawl through a  lot of :censored: before occasionally discovering a diamond.

There has always ben some quality posts and comments on here, just sometimes you have to dig a bit deeper to find it thats all.

Walk on ...........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:42 am

Collective knickers... imagine them all having skid marks aswell... :help
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:51 am

Dalglish wrote:Hi Greenred , spot on mate, i said earlier in this thread we might be guilty of taking ourselves a tad too seriously sometimes on here.

It's like the Premiership League in here sometimes, you have to trawl through a  lot of :censored: before occasionally discovering a diamond.

There has always ben some quality posts and comments on here, just sometimes you have to dig a bit deeper to find it thats all.

Walk on ...........

Yep..i couldnt believe some of the self-important,ego inflating nonsense ive read on this thread either.It is what it is,lets just let it evolve in its own way.I love the well written,thought provoking posts...but i also enjoy a lot of the shi.t as well.The mix is what makes this place so popular.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:54 am

stu you always moan i giv eup on you a while back. You and the woolys dont get on.:D :p
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion