The health of the forum. - New threads and posts.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hobbes » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:58 am

If there are two topics with the same theme (though it would be titled differently), it would in the best interest if any of us who discovers the duplicity to quickly mail the subsequent thread starter ..... and others just dont respond to it.... leave it blank... By this no one will be offended.... Peace And Harmony
hobbes

Postby babu » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:05 am

hobbes wrote:If there are two topics with the same theme (though it would be titled differently), it would in the best interest if any of us who discovers the duplicity to quickly mail the subsequent thread starter ..... and others just dont respond to it.... leave it blank... By this no one will be offended.... Peace And Harmony

IMO you are one of the worst offenders.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:30 am

Whats wrong with you babu..I think you have personal vengence againts me... I must have written something offensive about you.   
If I did, I am happy I wrote it.

We are trying to find a solution to a dilemma and you are blaming and pointing fingers on  others.

This is not a  place for you to release your anger. Take your shitt and keep it to yourself you moron. 

And from you reply, its evidence that you are the one who post 1 line reply and just blame and condemn others and never contribute anything .
hobbes

Postby babu » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:05 am

Righto hobbes,

I am not angry and not releasing any anger, I know its hard to tell without emoticons. I have read this entire thread and others like that appear every 6 months or so. Its basically the same, and the only way to avoid spammers and one line topic starters is to ignore and self regulate, IMO. The mods can't be everywhere.

As to you, i simply thought ur post that i quoted before was a little ironic because you are a culprit of what you preach. Maybe its becuase I am online the same time as you I dunno. anyway I have no agenda against you mate.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:05 am

Dalglish wrote:It's probably an indication of how much people obviously enjoy and  care about this forum that this thread has been so heavily responded to.

It's ineviatable on what is after all a FREE service that you will get the odd numpty or two but on the whole it's a superb forum and creates the right mix of fact, opinion and a fair few laughs along the way.

We maybe guilty of taking ourselves a bit too seriously if you ask me.

have the guys who run this site ythought about introducinga nannual subscription cost ? Or is that not condusive to good sponsorship when your selling web averts etc....? Interested to know how the site is funded ?

Would that be a subscription fee for just one person or a fee each for all of their alter egos.
If its the latter you could send some people bankrupt  :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:07 pm

those who think the forum is in a bad state should remember what it was like about four or five months ago before the season started. it was in such a state that some of the most respected posters on here threatened to leave and even some of the moderators wanted to step down from their positions.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby AussieKopite » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:07 pm

I often hop on to the fourm and look for threads that catch my interest, however I shy away from anaything with over 4 pages that I haven't already posted in, simply because I don't want to have to sift through the :censored:. Its also annoying when you think of a really good point to make which may be the 17th reply however, because of all the :censored: its quickly lost because the second page becomes active and all of a sudden that time you have taken becomes pointless. Its very frustrating.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:28 pm

what about new posters having their own section to use,at first, in which they are free to get it all off their chests and spout as much smilies and one liners as they dream of. then, if one or two catch the eye by the quality of posts made. (which im sure they'd be interested to do, at least the genuine ones would) after 70 odd 'what about you's to their name, the fakes would have got fed up and the real ones of value will by now have made their stays worthwhile.

they could then come under the recommendation of the mods however many/few their post count. then stepping up to full access and becoming reliable members while having 'bedded' in they would know the score?

just an idea

this way WE get to see all the input from newcomers, it is monitored and we all know who's who...and who to avoid  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:06 pm

red37 wrote:what about new posters having their own section to use,at first, in which they are free to get it all off their chests and spout as much smilies and one liners as they dream of. then, if one or two catch the eye by the quality of posts made. (which im sure they'd be interested to do, at least the genuine ones would) after 70 odd 'what about you's to their name, the fakes would have got fed up and the real ones of value will by now have made their stays worthwhile.

they could then come under the recommendation of the mods however many/few their post count. then stepping up to full access and becoming reliable members while having 'bedded' in they would know the score?

just an idea

this way WE get to see all the input from newcomers, it is monitored and we all know who's who...and who to avoid  :D

Pretty much what I was saying yesterday red. I think the idea of a seperate area for the newbies would be the better way to regulate than my idea of them not being allowed to start threads until they have reached a certain number of posts but the mods having to review the quality of their posts before allowing them access to starting threads but I think your idea would possibly be the easier way for the mods to keep an eye on things without having to sift through piles of posts.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:12 pm

Its a good idea but it just increases the workload of the current mods who i gather are already busy on here as it is and people saying we need more mods, they have lives also and dont want to sit for hours checking all newbie posts i presume  :)
Gaunt

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:18 pm

Anyone else seen the wingers thread a newbie has created. Fantastic. Just what we want to see from our newbies. If we put all newbies into a little discussion part of the forum, people like this guy are most likely going to be fed up of all the one liners and arguments and leave and we want to keep the people here that write great threads like the newbie in question has done.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:21 pm

Gaunt wrote:Its a good idea but it just increases the workload of the current mods who i gather are already busy on here as it is and people saying we need more mods, they have lives also and dont want to sit for hours checking all newbie posts i presume  :)

I think the way red37 has set out his idea the mods wouldn't have to sit a look through every post and thread by the newbies all the time theywould just have to look in a couple of times a day
A):checking the threads for the usual banned stuf
B):They'd be able to see what the quality of the posts were like whilst in there.

Maybe one of the mods would be able to comment on whether this would be workable or not.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:33 pm

Must admit the standards upped alot today. Was impressed with one or two threads and the winger thread and the thread about Sissy and Sinama is superb.
115-1073096938

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:36 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Must admit the standards upped alot today. Was impressed with one or two threads and the winger thread and the thread about Sissy and Sinama is superb.

was thinking the same Stu
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:40 pm

Great minds Phil... :D
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion