The goalkeeping situation at the club - Because even i'm better than padelli...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby flamingpoe » Sat May 26, 2007 11:02 pm

defianately but dudek is leaving i think so they may have no choice but to get a good second goalkeeper in which canizares would be good, because he is spanish like pepe and you might consider this i cant see valencia winning many things where as liverpool do pretty much get to atleast a couple of finals season which if rafa keeps his rotation going cause he has got 2 compotent goalkeepers, keeping them both happy thus he has 2 good goalies :D :p
flamingpoe

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:16 am

Penguins wrote:it will probably be Reina and Padelli.

Carson will not be happy with bench duty Padelli will since he is more unproven.
Isn't that good having a 2nd choice that thinks he should be starter. Usually only leads to friction and displeasure in the squad.

No-one is happy with bench duty, anyone who is should not be at our club.

As for it leading to 'friction', every player wants to play, that's what COMPETITION for places is all about, just because it's the goalkeeping position doesn't mean there will be 'friction', there is no reason why the goallie position should be any different to any other. Players want to play, it's competitive to have 2 goallies who want to be number 1.

Why would this usually lead to 'displeasure in the squad' ?????

Reina is best mates with Dudek, don't you think Dudek has been wanting to play, why do you think he wants to leave.
LFC2007

Postby mungi » Sun May 27, 2007 12:52 am

well here in Australia we have a 17 yr old keeper by the name of dean bozanis. you may have heard o fhim. Rafa has signed him uup and he is currently on loan to sydney fc. rafa rates him the best keeper in the world for his age and rates him so highly that bozanis is going to bypass the youth system and go stright to the reserve tea,. ive seen him and he has all the attributes to be the one of the top keepers in the world.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun May 27, 2007 1:12 am

Did you mean Dean Bouzanis :)

I heard Rafa rates him highly,he turned down Spurs and Charlton to sign for us, so hes got sense

Pity hes not quite what we need at the moment, what about Bob Bolder :D he looks amazing in The Masters Tournaments nice bit of experience to have on the bench
destro

Postby flamingpoe » Sun May 27, 2007 1:53 pm

that dean bouzanis, looks a pretty damn goalkeeper for his age, but the only thought that pops into my head when i think of another young goalie is the fact there have been so many good young keepers, that r gonna be the next big thing and sadly most of the time they dont turn out that way!
flamingpoe

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun May 27, 2007 3:33 pm

I miss the days when outfield players would get a stint in goal if the first choice got injured mid-match.

I bet Crouch would be f*cking awesome between the sticks. He could probably stand in the middle and touch both posts. :D
ivor_the_injun

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion