The game tonight - Why we're still that little bit short

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ralmach » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:06 pm

I think liverpool will pass to the next round, but it wont be easy, because, believe me, beat Deportivo in Coruña will be very diffficult. They play so well at home and usually score 2 or 3 goals per game.
Spanish LFC fan
ralmach

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:07 pm

why we landed rafa if we want to end up in mid? ???
GH can defo do better than that
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:37 pm

There is no reason why Liverpool should not win away against both Monaco and Deportivo.
If Cisse's strength is speed, then he should benefit from a Liverpool formation playing on the break, if he can time his run's not to be called offside. Baros and Garcia will also benefit from a bit more room.
However, we then need to be concerned about our defensive qualities, Traore get's better with each game, Josemi is a concern, he seems to be trying too hard and is looking a bit raw at times. Kirkland is not looking totally confident and assured yet. I am not sure that this zonal isssue has been resolved yet, the only chance dep'o had came from a poorly defended set-piece. How long do we have before the next away game.
Olympiacos, will be no push-over at Anfield, that may yet be the problem game.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:50 pm

All the games in this group are difficult. I think we showed enough in the matches against Monaco and La Coruna to be optimistic when we play them again. We played Monaco off the park and bossed most of the game last night. Theres no reason to be fearful of them. We can win these games.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:52 pm

You're a joke Stu. Recently you said that you never slated Baros and look what you're doing now.

What if Baros has a hat-trick for us this season will you say that he is still not good enough? What is good enough in your mind? Scoring a goal in every game?

You're unbelievabley stupid and leave yourself wide open.

Because i say Baros isn't good enough doesn't mean i'm slating him. I'm simply being realistic. He's not good enough.

Baros isn't a proven class player. He shows glimpses of class then glimpses of being a division 2 player.

Michael Owen is good enough, Schevchenko is good enough, Adriano, Fowler at his best, Henry, Shearer at his best, Rooney, van Nistlerooy... Not Baros.

I can name at least 10 strikers who i think have more ability or are at least as good in our league. That to me says he's not good enough. When Owen was our player i'd probably have said Henry is the only better player, JUST!!

Baros ISN'T world class,
ISN'T top class,
ISN'T class,

He's just a good player who's GOT to improve if he's to make it.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:39 pm

You're unbelievabley stupid and leave yourself wide open.

This is comming from someone who can't spell unbelievably correctly and English is your first language . Don't talk about intelligence you aren't as bright as you think you are. Leave my self wide open for what? Your pathetic comments? Do you actually think that I give a ****** what you have to say?

Because i say Baros isn't good enough doesn't mean i'm slating him.

Thats an oximoron. Unless  you know that Baros will not improve in a year or two you are insane. I am not a fan of Milan Baros but he does wear the Red shirt for the club that I support, he has shown that he has the potential of being a world class player. His performance at the Euro was incredible.

Then the question that comes to mind is why hasn't he performed for the club like he has for the country? Simply because he has not played enough games for us. Most of the time he was the substitute. If you continue to be patient I am willing to bet that you will see an improved Baros.

He has shown signs of improvement against Deportivo.

"He puts his head down" I couldn't give a damn if he ran backwards as long as he does his job which is scoring goals. I don't expect him to bang in two goals in every game but what I do expect is that he puts in effort in every game and shows that he is improving. In a year or two he will be 10 times the better player than he is now.

Had Baros never been with us after the Euro you would had been one of those people to say that we needed to sign him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:45 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
I thought it was a good game, we had chances but couldn't finish them off.  As for this whole argument of 'we're ****** and mid-table is best possible finish for us' that is being put forward by stu and taff, that argument doesn't even make sense!  The squad is already better and we have looked so much more impressive this season already under Rafa then we did last season with Houllier (when we finished 4th 4th is not mid-table), dont forget that Gerrard is currently injured and his return will certainly strengthen us greatly.  So those things considered how could we finish as low as mid-table, mid-table is about 8-14.

Who said anything about mid table ya bell?

kindaconfused said that we would finish in the mid-table. Before you jump to run your mouth you might want to read everything that was posted before you.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:42 pm

This is comming from someone who can't spell unbelievably correctly and English is your first language . Don't talk about intelligence you aren't as bright as you think you are. Leave my self wide open for what? Your pathetic comments? Do you actually think that I give a ****** what you have to say?

?

:)

he has shown that he has the potential of being a world class player

World class? He's not even a better player than James bloody Beattie, how does that make him potentially world class?

Name a world class attribute he's got...

Then the question that comes to mind is why hasn't he performed for the club like he has for the country? Simply because he has not played enough games for us. Most of the time he was the substitute. If you continue to be patient I am willing to bet that you will see an improved Baros

He's performed the same, just hasn't got Nedved, Koller and Rosicky putting it on a plate for him. Also, if you knew anything about football you'd understand that English teams defend deeper as a unit than international teams and this is the reason he doesn't have the same effect on games. Less space to use his pace and dribbling which are his two best attributes. His awareness, control and link up play are shown up at club level ESPECIALLY in the champions league.

Had Baros never been with us after the Euro you would had been one of those people to say that we needed to sign him.

I really wouldn't though. I know a class act when i see one, as good as Baros is, he's not class.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:51 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He's not even a better player than James bloody Beattie

you ******...end of story

I'm not listening...dum de dum...... :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:56 pm

World class? He's not even a better player than James bloody Beattie, how does that make him potentially world class?

Name a world class attribute he's got...

Are you obsessed with James Beattie? Did you see Baros performance last night? You're biased. You are not over the fact that Heskey and Owen are gone.

He's performed the same, just hasn't got Nedved, Koller and Rosicky putting it on a plate for him. Also, if you knew anything about football you'd understand that English teams defend deeper as a unit than international teams and this is the reason he doesn't have the same effect on games. Less space to use his pace and dribbling which are his two best attributes. His awareness, control and link up play are shown up at club level ESPECIALLY in the champions league.

I think you do not know what giving "time" for him to progress means. If you did not know Baros never had a full season start here. He has been a sub the entire time Houllier was manager.

Let me rimind you that Pires,Reyes and Henry weren't very good when they first started playing for Arsenal. Look at them now. It takes time and experience to become truly a world class player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:02 pm

I think you do not know what giving "time" for him to progress means. If you did not know Baros never had a full season start here. He has been a sub the entire time Houllier was manager.

Let me rimind you that Pires,Reyes and Henry weren't very good when they first started playing for Arsenal. Look at them now. It takes time and experience to become truly a world class player.

Oh right, i thought it took ability to become world class.

Oh well. :D

Are you obsessed with James Beattie? Did you see Baros performance last night? You're biased. You are not over the fact that Heskey and Owen are gone.

Yes totally obbsessed with Beattie.

And no, i'm not over the fact Owen has gone. We haven't got anyone of the same class or better to replace him yet, so how can i be? We're still missing him.

With Fowler it was different, we had Owen and Heskey (who at the time was superb) there waiting.

When Rush left we had Fowler and Collymore, now we have.... Cisse and Baros.... Not good enough at present.

Cisse NEEDS time, Baros NEEDS to improve his abilty levels in ALOT of areas.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:08 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Cisse NEEDS time, Baros NEEDS to improve his abilty levels in ALOT of areas.

Out of the 2 players ,Baros is looking the most likely offer anything.Cisse looks like he can't be bothered at times.

Patience is a virtue but if you are offering it to Cisse then you can afford the same to Baros .
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:12 pm

i thought it took ability to become world class.

You're hopeless. Do I need to state obivious things in order for you to comprehend them? Or is comprehend too big of a word for you?

You and George W. Bush have something in common; you're both idiots.

Fowler,Owen,Rush,etc.. were all great. But that is the past, it is time to move on,wich you aren't doing. You still think that Houllier is the manager and that Owen and Heskey are the forwards with Heskey in the midfield.

Stop and think for a second. IF you had the common sense to give two forwards who have NEVER played with each other before time to work together and become a great force you would not be posting in this topic at the moment. You need to learn value certain things.

Compared to last year WE HAVE IMPROVED, whether you want to admit it or not. I am sick of comparissons between Heskey and Cisse,etc.. You've critisized so many of our players that even if they did have a great season at the end you would not admit because you're an arrogant fool. Your arrogance and pride has clouded your judgement. You can not see the future therefore you do not know whether Baros will be GOOD enough or not.

Enuff said.

P.S.: Do not attempt to reply because you're like a broken record. Repeating the same things over and over again. You're a waste of oxygen and space.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby adayinthelife » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:14 pm

supersub wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Cisse NEEDS time, Baros NEEDS to improve his abilty levels in ALOT of areas.

Out of the 2 players ,Baros is looking the most likely offer anything.Cisse looks like he can't be bothered at times.

Patience is a virtue but if you are offering it to Cisse then you can afford the same to Baros .

No chance as Cisse was houlliers last signing and his most expensive 1 so stu will give him many years whether he continues to give alot less than 100% or not.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:14 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Me?

I'm full of optimism. I'm full of realism.

The problem is people can't see this. I'm being called a pessemist when last season i was getting the exact opposite. Taff you were here last season, you saw what was being said...

I'm simply a realist, always have been always will be. Theres alot of positive stuff to say but theres alot of realistic stuff to say aswell.

Realistic point of view, Baros is still not good enough to be first choice, Cisse NEEDS time to settle, judging by performances Luis Garcia is no right sided midfielder. Xabi Alonso is a class act, Hamann isn't the player he once was, Hyypia and Carragher have played well all season and look really solid, Riise ISN'T a midfielder and we're still a top class defender and striker away at least and i need a bevvy... bye :)

oh finally stu, yu've come to your senses, hamann isn't the player he was, i never thought he was anything special in the first place,

well i do agree that we have a lack of firepower upfront, baros i dont think produces the form for liverpool as he did in euro 2004 or for czech republic in general

but whoever said mid table is realistic is talking rubbish, be a supporter not a man utd supporter

and i thik u're right, top class striker and a centre half, and more, loads of players that need to be shipped out
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion