The friday night quiz

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:22 pm

The answer to that picture one was -Ian Wallace

Any chance of telling us who the reserve everton goalkeeper was in the 86 cup final? ???
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:36 pm

wednesday's quiz

1. What is the name of the agent representing Joey Barton as he confuses Citeh with more twist and turns than a rollercoaster?

2. What remarkably harsh action has been taken against the Middlesbrough fan that ran onto the pitch and threw his season ticket at Steve McClaren during Boro's thrashing at the hands of Aston Villa?

3. In that game, how old was Aston Villa hat-trick hero Luke Moore?

4. What did Barcelona miss out on due to a 3-1 defeat to Atletico Madrid defeat on Sunday evening?

5. Which top-flight European team has dropped the least points so far this season?

6. How many penalties were taken in the semi-final penalty shootout between Cameroon and the Ivory Coast?

7. Who was the only man to miss?

8. How many of the African teams that have qualified for the World Cup crashed out of the African Nations in the group stage?

9. With the knockout stages of the Champions League coming up, who is the current top goalscorer in the competition this season?

10. Who was the top goal scorer in the Brazilian league last season?

11. Which Premiership newbie scored both the goals that put Sunderland out of the FA Cup this season?

12. Which Welsh striker quit international football this week?

13. After scoring how many goals for his country?

14. Which Premiership player scored on his birthday on Saturday - and how old was he?

15. Which Premiership manager has lost the most games in their tenure at their current team?

16. And what did he call for this week?

17. Where did Rafa Benitez claim he was in a rush to go to during his post-match interview after a 2-0 defeat to Chelski?

18. Robert Earnshaw started 22 games for West Brom. How many did they win?

19. Which team has the higher average attendance this season, Sunderland or Chelski?

20. What is new Arsenal signing Vassiriki Diaby's squad number?

answers tonight :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:40 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Sorry about that guys, its a question my old man asked me, and I was waiting to speak to him to get the answer as I didn't know it.

Its a pretty contentious one as I had only two other thoughts in my head:

Alou Diarra - played during our American tour, in the first team friendlies. However never played a first team game in proper competition.

Jimmy Carter - was asian origin, played first team (scored against Arsenal if I remember righ) but is not quite black.

My old man said the answer was Diarra, but I think the question was slightly lost in translation in terms of the exact wording.

Next question, its between ynwa and peewee as they both offered the answers above. I would be inclined to implore peewee to ask one as ynwa seems to be about ten years old.

sorry mate i was away for a few days but i see jbg asked a question anyway      :D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:44 pm

thegreedo wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:tony cotton or john burridge.

on the right lines.

peter shilton on the bench for everton
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:22 pm

stmichael wrote:wednesday's quiz

1. What is the name of the agent representing Joey Barton as he confuses Citeh with more twist and turns than a rollercoaster?

2. What remarkably harsh action has been taken against the Middlesbrough fan that ran onto the pitch and threw his season ticket at Steve McClaren during Boro's thrashing at the hands of Aston Villa?

4. What did Barcelona miss out on due to a 3-1 defeat to Atletico Madrid defeat on Sunday evening?

5. Which top-flight European team has dropped the least points so far this season?

6. How many penalties were taken in the semi-final penalty shootout between Cameroon and the Ivory Coast?

8. How many of the African teams that have qualified for the World Cup crashed out of the African Nations in the group stage?

9. With the knockout stages of the Champions League coming up, who is the current top goalscorer in the competition this season?

11. Which Premiership newbie scored both the goals that put Sunderland out of the FA Cup this season?

14. Which Premiership player scored on his birthday on Saturday - and how old was he?

15. Which Premiership manager has lost the most games in their tenure at their current team?

17. Where did Rafa Benitez claim he was in a rush to go to during his post-match interview after a 2-0 defeat to Chelski?

19. Which team has the higher average attendance this season, Sunderland or Chelski?

2. will be in court
3. 20
5. barca
9. eto'o ?
10. robinho ?
11. dj campbell
12. john hartson
13. 32?
15. mick mccarthy
17. go to the hospital to see if robben was ok
19. chelski
20. 2
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 pm

peewee wrote:
thegreedo wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:tony cotton or john burridge.

on the right lines.

peter shilton on the bench for everton

Think I will go for Pat Jennings.
Last edited by The Red Baron on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 pm

Pat Jennings was Evertons reserve goalie in the 86 Cup Final.  I haven't checked if anyone else got it but I got it as soon as I read the question for those who give a shit.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:37 pm

Look at that, posted it the exact same second.

Only thing was, I wasn't guessing, I knew it was Pat Jennings.  I know because I've got the match programme in mine from 20 years ago.

:buttrock  :eyebrow
jonnymac1979

Postby The Red Baron » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:45 pm

Yeah it was a guess of sorts,Iwasnt sure if he was on the bench that day.I remembered them signiing him for cover.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:28 pm

:buttrock yesss at last!! Well done lads -that was really killing me -the guy asked it and never came back -I would never have got Pat Jennings in a million years
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:56 pm

stmichael wrote:wednesday's quiz

2-Didnt they give it back too him and took no action?
3-19?
4- Record number of wins in a row in Spain
5-Barcelona
6-24
7-Eto
8-3
9- Shevchencko?
10-Fred
11-
12- Hartson
13-18
14-
15-Curbishly?
16-An English manager for England?
17-Hospital to check on Robben!
18-2?
19-Chelsea
20-2

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:01 pm

can I just clear up a little confusion.In 1986 teams were only allowed 1 substitute.In the cup final our sub was Steve McMahon..Everton's sub I can't remember but they never had a sub keeper on the bench.They signed Jennings as cover if Bobby Mimms had got injured prior to the final but once the line up is announced,Pat Jennings was not part of the team that day.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:17 pm

is joey bartons agent willie mcfall  or something like  that
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:19 pm

actually is it willie mckay
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:22 pm

drummerphil wrote:actually is it willie mckay

isn't he the guy who plays for norwich?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion