The finances of the club.........worrying - Lfc are 70m in debt.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1140560321 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:40 pm

Just read the Official site , and in the interview with Rick Parry on the Liverpoolfc.tv website, he confirmed that Liverpool actually being 70m in debt which was mentioned by Steve Morgan, due to the new players we have bought and paying for them over 5 years, is a bit of a worry.

Plus the fact that Chelsea and MAn Utd have got large new sponsorship deals, and and we will only be getting the same money from addidas that Reebok were paying, they are only taking over the kit deal, is a worry. These were Parry's words.

I mean how many new players can you keep buying, to pay for over 5 years, before your money runs out without a large increase in income? if we are going out buying ronaldo, kuyt, and others etc etc, lfc will be in even more financial sh*t.

Parry is talking of finding investment, but for that, someone has to sell their stake at the club! (ie; the chairman!)and he still hans't secured any funding. And Parry hasn't got an investor yet, because he has got all of these silly "conditions" for investors, so that they dont wreck the club. If I was investing in LFC 80m quid, I'd want a say on what happens!
whos gonna budge on the board or directors?

PLus Parry is talking of borrowing 100m plus for the new stadium! with no sign of it being built anytime soon according to him.I honestly think he is losing the storylines. is he trying to borrow too much?

A Chief Executive who can bring huge new deals to LFC would be a bonus. Man Utd are getting 60m or so for new shirt sponsors, and already have a huge Nike deal . Chelsea a big new sponsor,  and we are sticking with carlsberg, who lets face it, we could get more money if we shopped about.

From his comments also, it is obvious that michael owen will not return either.

was worrying reading his comments, as work on the new stadium doesn;t look likes it gonna happen anytime soon!

???
65-1140560321

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:42 pm

He did say that he is confident about new investment to the club during the summer AND there is nothing to worry about either because he is taking it under control( i hope so!)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:07 am

The truth is that none of us outsiders know squat about the club's true finances. Not even those who attended the AGM will have clear understanding because so much happens at once and there are always deals that aren't written down. Robert Kraft may turn up in the summer with £200,000,000 and we could end up getting sponsored by a major international company. I've said that I don't trust the morals of Rick Parry and I've always thought he was a bit shifty, but his business sense is brilliant and if he's confident about these things, I'm willing to go with him on these issues. Who knows what the future holds?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1140560321 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:42 am

Who knows the future holds?

I do and Rick Parry, he's the "dealmaker"  of all major sponsorship deals and player dealings.

200m is unrealistic, that would mean all shareholders selling out, like chelsea to Abramovich!

Is that what you want? Some dudE you dont know taking over the club?

Thats wy Parry is being cautious.
65-1140560321

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:48 am

Well Rafa has said today that he has been promised funds for the summer so it cant be to bad, lets just wait and see.

Lets face it we are a well run club and are not going to end up another Leeds!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion