The final straw...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Yes and when players like cole and robben were available we could afford them couldnt we ? no we couldnt - living in a dream world . robben turned down man utd to go to chelsea cause of the money . the only club robben and cole were going to sign for is chelsea - end off .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 pm

Has everybody forgotten that new players done tune into the wavelength of other overnight ? Let's take Keane - played with a pile of English clubs and also in Italy, as well as dozens of times for his country. Walks into a team with someone like Torres who's at the top of his game, so he's not gonne immediately try to be selfish. If it were me, and having some sense of humility, I'd do my best to show that I'm there for the team, esp. as he's a LFC fan sine he was a kid.
Dossena: straight from Italy and not used to the Premiership style of play. Give him time.
Voronin: we all know he's muck so no issues there.
Babel: Perhaps jetlagged from China, but he's young too, so a few slaps and he'll be right as rain.
Bennayoun: An admitted flop
Pennant: Needs to sort his OWN head out first 'cos no matter what, if things aren't right in his own head, nothing Rafa does or says will make a blind bit of difference.
Others....no major comment on any individual but similar to the above...

Look, we don't see what goes on in training, what Rafa is trying to do with the players etc. But I don't think second in the league right now is too bad. Nor is CL football either, and I expect we'll come through that handy enough.

I think a lot of the problems are in the player's heads, not the manager.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Simari » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:40 pm

GYBS wrote:Yes and when players like cole and robben were available we could afford them couldnt we ? no we couldnt - living in a dream world . robben turned down man utd to go to chelsea cause of the money . the only club robben and cole were going to sign for is chelsea - end off .

Living in a dream world?

I'm sorry, Chelsea are LIVING that dream and so are Man U. In order to get to the top, we better start :censored: believing that dream. If players like Cole, Deco, Robinho and Robben are only concerned about chosing between Chelsea and Man U, then we have a :censored: problem.

Apologies for the language, but that in a nutshell is our problem. We are living in a dream world where we still believe hard work and graft will get the team to the much coveted title.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:What do both man city and chelsea have in common that has enabled chelsea to be at the front and the reason why city may well be there soon ?

Money

They buy Cole and Robben for £18,000,000 to play wide.

We buy Kuyt and Babel for £20,500,000 to play wide.

What a joke.

They buy two world class players and we buy a tryer and a player who wouldn't get in my sunday league side.

tell me exactly how we could of got those players considering they both went to chelsea in 2004 ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Babel would :censored: your sunday league side. He's the new henry lid.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Simari wrote:
GYBS wrote:Yes and when players like cole and robben were available we could afford them couldnt we ? no we couldnt - living in a dream world . robben turned down man utd to go to chelsea cause of the money . the only club robben and cole were going to sign for is chelsea - end off .

Living in a dream world?

I'm sorry, Chelsea are LIVING that dream and so are Man U. In order to get to the top, we better start :censored: believing that dream,

Apologies for the language, but that in a nutshell is our problem. We are living in a dream world where we still believe hard work and graft will get the team to the much coveted title.

Im being realistic in the sense we had no realistic chance of ever getting robben and cole so mentioing them in worthless.

yes man utd and chelsea are living that dream world becuase they can afford to spend the big money on getting the quality in that is required to challenge all season long .

chelsea are looking to sepnd 30 mil plus on one striker - we cant afford that
man utd last year spent 40 mil on too young kids and will prob get tevez for 30 mil odd - there is a big gulf between what they can spend and what we can spend hence the gulf in quality with the squad.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:46 pm

GYBS wrote:
Simari wrote:

Living in a dream world?

I'm sorry, Chelsea are LIVING that dream and so are Man U. In order to get to the top, we better start :censored: believing that dream,

Im being realistic in the sense we had no realistic chance of ever getting robben and cole so mentioing them in worthless.

yes man utd and chelsea are living that dream world becuase they can afford to spend the big money on getting the quality in that is required to challenge all season long .

man utd last year spent 40 mil on too young kids and will prob get tevez for 30 mil odd - there is a big gulf between what they can spend and what we can spend hence the gulf in quality with the squad.

Hence the quicker DIC are in control the better
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:48 pm

GYBS wrote:
Simari wrote:

Living in a dream world?

Hence, for that very same reason - we would very, very foolish to think we can win the league. By your admission there is a huge gulf in the squads.

I'm not calling for Rafa's head - just agree with Stu that we are nowhere near Man U and Chelsea in terms of quality. Let's stop deluding ourselves, as you recognise the issue at hand.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:50 pm

More than anything I am unhappy at Benitez approach to games when he sends out a Liverpool team. I personally do not think his whole ethic is acceptable for a team with a wonderful tradition like ours.

Our style of play and approach is negative and his tactic is too keep a game tight until he last 20 mins and maybe throw an extra forward on to nick it or if we are struggling another defensive player to ensure we gain at least a point.

I agree with the initial post and am absolutely sick and tired of his bizarre tactics and switching players about. I am happy to see him stay if he is willing to change his ideas but frankly managers are pretty much set in stone and dont change so its a long and frankly dull road ahead the way where playing.

Can we not have an attack minded team where players are alowed to express themselves and enjoy their football because they all look like they had the life sucked out of them lately.

Despite the results game I think we should expect a better style of play from a Liverpool team and certainly one as this that does have players with good ability if they are allowed to play their game.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Simari wrote:

Living in a dream world?

Hense the quicker DIC are in control the better

If they can give us the money then yes .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Fo Dne wrote::wwww

Thanks for your posts stu , i feel suitably depressed now . Alot of it i agree with i think ,but instead of thinking about the negatives which the majority of your post is . Why not just for a minute try and see it from Rafa's point of view . Do you seriously think he makes subs without thinking why he makes them . He does it for a reason (reason's we have no clue what i admit) and there must be a method in his madness.

He is not a sh!t manager and a poor tactician .
He is 3 games into a season (all poor displays i admit).

Instead of asking for him to be sacked ,why not give him a little while longer than 3 games . Let the team settle hopefully and see what happens. It will be in no ones interest to sack him now.

I assure you if things are the same at the end of the season ,he will be gone . With a heavy heart i will accept that.

Andy that face wasn't aimed at u lad, I was retracting a statement ad made to GYBS so I just put the face in. :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Simari wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Simari wrote:

Living in a dream world?

Hence, for that very same reason - we would very, very foolish to think we can win the league. By your admission there is a huge gulf in the squads.

I'm not calling for Rafa's head - just agree with Stu that we are nowhere near Man U and Chelsea in terms of quality. Let's stop deluding ourselves, as you recognise the issue at hand.

but its not the whole sale squad changes that Fodne is suggesting - its adding a couple quality players that is required.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:58 pm

GYBS wrote:but its not the whole sale squad changes that Fodne is suggesting - its adding a couple quality players that is required.

Not sure you call two full backs and two wingers a couple mind? ???
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Babel would :censored: your sunday league side. He's the new henry lid.

If you believe that then that shows how much you really know about football.

Comparing one of the worst players in our squad to one of the best players ever to play in this country is a joke. I suppose Lucas is the new Scholes aswell and Aggers the new Nesta.

:no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:59 pm

look we all know days like this are going to hurt, there is not much we can do when you been shafted by the owners. Rafa could have spent the money better but he is doing what he thinks is right.

only time will tell if he has got it right, if he is wrong then we will have to get a new manager and spend another 4 years trying to build a team to win the prem
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion