The final straw...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Brilliant post Stu! It really sums up Rafa's reign well. Sadley I cant see a way out of this mess until Rafa leaves. It was bad enough seeing the way Chelsea have catapaulted themselves to the forefrunt of the premiership alongside the scum simply by buying their way there. Utd will always be strong and Arsenal have always been able to play us of the park but for a few occasions. And now Man City.......
The only way for us to even think about getting back to our best is buying better players but we dont even have any money. I just hope we dont vanish into obscurity like Blackburn and Notts Forest have done over the last few years.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:14 pm

What do both man city and chelsea have in common that has enabled chelsea to be at the front and the reason why city may well be there soon ?

Money
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:16 pm

GYBS wrote:What do both man city and chelsea have in common that has enabled chelsea to be at the front and the reason why city may well be there soon ?

Money

Mate, you're wasted here. You should work for NASA....
Money, eh ? Is that the answer ? No sh1t, Sherlock....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Bretc » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Pretty much agree with the post but certainly not the part on Mascherano. Mascherano is as important as Gerrard or Torres. With him around, I feel more assured, the defenders feel safer and Gerrard has more licence to roam forward. Together with Torres, Mascherano is one of Rafa's best signings. My main gripe about Rafa's transfer performance is that for every 2 or 3 "average" transfers e.g. Kuyt, Pennant etc - he can easily sign 1 top class player with the accumulated fees.

Player for player, I dun believe we're very much worse off than ManU or Chelsea. We DO have the players to win the title. It's a matter of belief and how Rafa can bring the best out of his players. I'm sick and tired of all the excuses. Rafa has spent loads - nobody forces him to buy average players, he can buy quality iso quantity - but he chose the latter option and that's his own funeral. It's a do-or-die season.
Bretc

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:18 pm

if you think Mascherano is a bad player/doesnt fit the team or whatever I dont think you should be allowed to comment on a football forum.  As for the rest of your rant what do you want 3 games into a league season? 2nd place and not even playing well will do me. Manutd never start well and we know what their recent history is full of (that would be league titles) And as for your attack on a supposed lack of quality where do you get off? The people behind the purchases at LFC know a hell of a lot more than you, Corluka? better than who exactly? done NOTHING last season and played in a team that shipped 8 final day - to Middlesborough! (that team that we BEAT last week). You'll also find that Rafa and his backroom staff actually watch players in real life, and dont judge them on their Football Manager ratings (where for those who dont know, Corluka is class) Who are these other players who would WALK into our team? Even better, you stated that TOTTENHAM have 2 better central defenders and a better goalkeeper than us! thats a team that conceded an incredible 61 goals last season and have already conceded 5 this season.

Like so many on here your fickel, impatient probably about 9 hours away from supporting Man City

:talktothehand
burjennio

Postby Simari » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:19 pm

GYBS wrote:What do both man city and chelsea have in common that has enabled chelsea to be at the front and the reason why city may well be there soon ?

Money

Took this bit from Transfer day post and Skysports news.

We've signed Vitor Flora on a FREE transfer.

Benitez snaps up Brazilian striker
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:

Money

and maybe we could have money too if it wasnt wasted on options and possibilities.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:

Money

There was me thinking it was rafa or lucas or skittle or masher or kuyt or dossena that is the prob .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:25 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Money

and maybe we could have money too if it wasnt wasted on options and possibilities.

wasted on who then ?

who are these players rafa has wasted money on ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Money

They buy Cole and Robben for £18,000,000 to play wide.

We buy Kuyt and Babel for £20,500,000 to play wide.

What a joke.

They buy two world class players and we buy a tryer and a player who wouldn't get in my sunday league side.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 pm

exactly
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Fo Dne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 pm

GYBS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

Money

wasted on who then ?

who are these players rafa has wasted money on ?

Babel, Kuyt, Josemi, Bellamy, Pennant, Skyrtel, Leto, Ngog, Voronin, Arbeloa, Dossena, Bennayoun, Cavielleri... do i really need to go on?

Theres about £50,000,000 without even thinking about it.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Fo Dne wrote: :wwww

Thanks for your posts stu , i feel suitably depressed now . Alot of it i agree with i think ,but instead of thinking about the negatives which the majority of your post is . Why not just for a minute try and see it from Rafa's point of view . Do you seriously think he makes subs without thinking why he makes them . He does it for a reason (reason's we have no clue what i admit) and there must be a method in his madness.

He is not a sh!t manager and a poor tactician .
He is 3 games into a season (all poor displays i admit).

Instead of asking for him to be sacked ,why not give him a little while longer than 3 games . Let the team settle hopefully and see what happens. It will be in no ones interest to sack him now.

I assure you if things are the same at the end of the season ,he will be gone . With a heavy heart i will accept that.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Fo Dne wrote:

Money

What a joke.

They buy two world class players and we buy a tryer and a player who wouldn't get in my sunday league side.

To put the last comment in perspective.

What would you rather prefer for the same value:

Kuyt, Lampard, Essien, Makele, Babel

or Robben, Gerrard, Masch, Alonso, Cole?
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Simari wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

Money

What a joke.

To put the last comment in perspective.

What would you rather prefer for the same value:

Kuyt, Lampard, Essien, Makele, Babel

or Robben, Gerrard, Masch, Alonso, Cole?

The latter
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion