The fernando torres thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:50 am

babu wrote:Hey conno'var. I think he may be bitter. basically he is saying Torres act's world-class, has an attitude of a world class player, has a following like a world-class player, BUT he is not world-class. and we will see it when he plays.

My mistake..... didn't read the originial post carefully enuff...
:blush:

my bad....

*Change in tune*

Bugger off ya fool (program77).....

:D
ConnO'var

Postby wavertree » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:50 am

I do not like Fernando Torres. I think that he was very expensive. One Liverpulian saids to me: "Captain of Atletico at 22. Which suggests a certain character". But I think that in Spain he was not captain for character, he was captain for the radio, the newspaper and the tv, made to him a God.
He is not a bad footballplayer but I am not waiting any surprise of him.
wavertree

Postby red_guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:12 am

Seriously, i don't expect him to be our magical , world class striker like rushie or robbie did. Just hope he can improve since we have a group of the best players in the league to assist him. Just wish that he's not going to be another Cisse....
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:30 pm

red_guy wrote:Seriously, i don't expect him to be our magical , world class striker like rushie or robbie did. Just hope he can improve since we have a group of the best players in the league to assist him. Just wish that he's not going to be another Cisse....

I hope he does more than just that!

20+ million quid for only an improvement?

I shudder at the thought mate......
I'm expecting a lot more from him... if not this season than certainly the next.
ConnO'var

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:41 pm

wavertree wrote:I do not like Fernando Torres. I think that he was very expensive. One Liverpulian saids to me: "Captain of Atletico at 22. Which suggests a certain character". But I think that in Spain he was not captain for character, he was captain for the radio, the newspaper and the tv, made to him a God.

Yes, crack is a word we didn't use at the eighties, but some idiot brought to Spain to replace the local word "figura". It doesn't even have a good connotation in english, so I cannot really understand why we imported the word.

And... *cough* I agree what you say mate, and hopefully I'm wrong. No doubt he'll improve what Bellamy provided by miles, but, Liverpool has paid quite a lot and I doubt people will be happy if he doesn't put the league on fire.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:48 pm

When you see the goal that Torres scored for us the other day, and how Rafa was trying to make Bellamy do similar things last season, you can see the huge gulf in class between the two players.

And I say that despite the fact that I actually like Bellamy. I think he has good qualities that when used properly can be very dangerous.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:54 pm

stmichael wrote:When you see the goal that Torres scored for us the other day, and how Rafa was trying to make Bellamy do similar things last season, you can see the huge gulf in class between the two players.

And I say that despite the fact that I actually like Bellamy. I think he has good qualities that when used properly can be very dangerous.

yes torres has to be better then bellamy , i just got a good feeling about him , same feeling i got when i seen owen play for england under 21s when they played plymouth i was like he gonna be prolithic striker.

Hope my Gut feeling is true because he could be the dif between 3-4 and 1-2 i hope.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:24 pm

Torres is an excellent player and a great addition to the team, just hope Rafa doesn't play him right wing too often  :p
heimdall

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:43 pm

I think he will score 15-20 goals and set up about the same. He is a clever player rather than a great finisher and his class will help the team. I'm not worried.   :lookaround
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:56 pm

ive got a monkey on him getting 30 goals THIS season
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 pm

program77 wrote:Hello from Spain. I will talk you about Torres.

He acts like a crack, he has the self-confidence of a crack, he has the speed of a crack, he has an amount of fans like a crack, he worth like a crack, but, my friends, he is not a crack. You will see it early (in fact, you is already seeing).

(excuse me my poor english. Crack = chaps like Ronaldinho, Etoo, Zidane, and so on).

you sound like a CRACK head

torres acts like a crack?? his attitude has been spot on from what i seen and heard in interviews etc

and bad players do not get idolised and turned into ''gods''

u sound like a bitter
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:51 pm

Nah, he doesn't sound bitter at all, he just sounds like a poster that likes Liverpool and isn't too sure about Torres impact.

By act as a crack, -I think- he means that he's willing to assume that he's an important player, an important striker. The poster also acknowledges his pace, that he has a lot of fans -he was very popular in his former team- but he's simply saying that he doubts he'll score a lot of goals like a world class striker should do.

Watching Torres is a pleasure in many ways, he makes difficult controls while running at pace, he has the dribling, and he has a range of different skills to finnish, but IMHO he fails to have a killer instict that Fowler, Aldo or Owen DID have.

I've seen good strikers failing miserably in England. Shechenko is a top striker that failed, even Morientes failed miserably. Kuyt, for me a very good striker is named a workhorse because he didn't make a total impact in the first season. It's complicated to come and triumph, and I'd rather have more confidence in Eto'o or Henry doing such an impact in Liverpool rather than Torres.

That doesn't mean I don't wish the best for Torres, I hope he'll score hat tricks every 15 days and we can all laugh about my doubts. I cross fingers for that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:54 pm

Sabre wrote:Nah, he doesn't sound bitter at all, he just sounds like a poster that likes Liverpool and isn't too sure about Torres impact.

By act as a crack, -I think- he means that he's willing to assume that he's an important player, an important striker. The poster also acknowledges his pace, that he has a lot of fans -he was very popular in his former team- but he's simply saying that he doubts he'll score a lot of goals like a world class striker should do.

Watching Torres is a pleasure in many ways, he makes difficult controls while running at pace, he has the dribling, and he has a range of different skills to finnish, but IMHO he fails to have a killer instict that Fowler, Aldo or Owen DID have.

I've seen good strikers failing miserably in England. Shechenko is a top striker that failed, even Morientes failed miserably. Kuyt, for me a very good striker is named a workhorse because he didn't make a total impact in the first season. It's complicated to come and triumph, and I'd rather have more confidence in Eto'o or Henry doing such an impact in Liverpool rather than Torres.

That doesn't mean I don't wish the best for Torres, I hope he'll score hat tricks every 15 days and we can all laugh about my doubts. I cross fingers for that.

i just feel sometimes on this forum players are knocked before they are given a chance
the negativety at times is shocking i sometimes doubt the posts are coming from fans
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby wavertree » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:48 am

Sabre wrote:
wavertree wrote:I do not like Fernando Torres. I think that he was very expensive. One Liverpulian saids to me: "Captain of Atletico at 22. Which suggests a certain character". But I think that in Spain he was not captain for character, he was captain for the radio, the newspaper and the tv, made to him a God.

Yes, crack is a word we didn't use at the eighties, but some idiot brought to Spain to replace the local word "figura". It doesn't even have a good connotation in english, so I cannot really understand why we imported the word.

And... *cough* I agree what you say mate, and hopefully I'm wrong. No doubt he'll improve what Bellamy provided by miles, but, Liverpool has paid quite a lot and I doubt people will be happy if he doesn't put the league on fire.

Sure, I like to be wrong about that, but, I am not waiting any surprise...
wavertree

Postby red_guy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:51 am

ConnO'var wrote:
red_guy wrote:Seriously, i don't expect him to be our magical , world class striker like rushie or robbie did. Just hope he can improve since we have a group of the best players in the league to assist him. Just wish that he's not going to be another Cisse....

I hope he does more than just that!

20+ million quid for only an improvement?

I shudder at the thought mate......
I'm expecting a lot more from him... if not this season than certainly the next.

Well, i actually expect something from him...high expectations? no, because his goalscoring record was not that good compared to Villa or Eto'o. And also this is his 1st time playing outside La Liga....straight to Premiership..which can cause lots of problems to  players from La Liga (adapting to the physical aspect of the league). I also agree with Sabre's previous comments about him...that's why i was a little shocked when we sign him for 20 M. Anyway, since we already signed him, the best thing to do is give him a 110% support. I wish to God that i was wrong about having a little doubt about his ability. Fernando Torres, make us proud.
Last edited by red_guy on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion