THE FA CUP FINAL THREAD - CARDIFF BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:29 pm

stmichael wrote:put me down for a sneaky 3-0. :p

You sneaky person  :D

I predict a 2-1 or 2-0 win, i hope the players won't underestimate West Ham because they can provide a shock, but hopefully we will bring the 7th F.A cup back home on May 13 :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:43 pm

:censored: west ham have been given 23 000 tickets for the final and we are going to be given roughly the same. I've got no chance of getting tickets now  :sniffle
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:00 pm

sendô WHU wrote:haha lots of scousers gonna be eating humble pie if the cockney boys win it. Fair place you lot are probably the stronger side and will be favourites, but having knocked 4 prem teams out already, and considering Liverpool seem to think they have it in the bag because they've beaten Chelsea, we will be quietly confident of turning you lot over. My prediction 1-0 hammers, Ashton to score :;):

put me down for a 5 nil drubbing of those bubble blowing hams  :D

is it just me, but does harewood suffer from microcephaly  :D
Last edited by Judge on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:29 pm

adamnbarrett wrote: :censored: west ham have been given 23 000 tickets for the final and we are going to be given roughly the same. I've got no chance of getting tickets now  :sniffle

I think a lot depnds on whether you're a season ticket holder.
With a season ticket and two FA cup games you should be safe...I think.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:06 pm

Effes wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote::censored: west ham have been given 23 000 tickets for the final and we are going to be given roughly the same. I've got no chance of getting tickets now  :sniffle

I think a lot depnds on whether you're a season ticket holder.
With a season ticket and two FA cup games you should be safe...I think.

I hope so. I'm riding my luck a bit though, I have been to the manure game and the chelski game and am a season ticket holder.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:13 pm

so liverpool have the north dressing room but have to stay in a travelodge :D  so what!!

has it been decide yet if we are in red or white?

Hammers unhappy with Cup tickets

West Ham are unhappy with their 23,500 ticket allocation for the FA Cup final against Liverpool in Cardiff on 13 May.
The Hammers hope it ensures every club bond-holder and season-ticket holder can attend but it is unlikely tickets will be available to club members.

A club statement said: "The size of the allocation is a major disappointment after the allocation of almost 34,000 for our two recent play-off finals.

"We recognise many of our loyal fans will be unable to attend."

West Ham's allocation could rise to a maximum of 24,000 and the combined allocation with Liverpool will be around 48,000. The Millennium Stadium has a capacity of 74,500.

"The ticket allocation is roughly the same for each of the two finalists and we must accept that, for FA Cup finals, many of the tickets are sold directly by the FA instead of through the participating clubs," the club explained.

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:01 pm

WE WILL WIN 2-0!! :;): :;):
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:02 pm

For some reason West Ham has always been the second favourite english team by many Basques. Heard that they're the "working class" team or something, is that a legend, or still a fact?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:11 pm

Sabre wrote:For some reason West Ham has always been the second favourite english team by many Basques. Heard that they're the "working class" team or something, is that a legend, or still a fact?

theyve always been known as a 'footballing' side not your wimbledon/bolton style at all.
they are a dangerous team on their day and yes, sabre they work hard and play some attractive stuff. and possess 2 or 3 quality players... they are very beatable however and you'd be expecting liverpool to succeed. maybe being the favourite this time wont backfire as happened in 1988 as im sure no detail will be left out by rafa.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby kunilson » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:11 pm

i had a feeling we'd meet the hammers in the final, as soon as i saw the semi-finals draw. i just hope we do to them what happened to Wigan, two promoted teams in domestic cup finals is impressive...

LFC all the way....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:53 am

an ooter will be there.

got my ticket for the final... kinda... so i will be there guys :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:50 am

Referee Mike Dean is disappointed to have been replaced as the official for the FA Cup final and believes the FA may learn from his experience.

He was told that Alan Wiley, from Burntwood, would replace him after Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-1 in the semi-final.

Dean is from the Wirral, near Liverpool, and so the FA did not want his position to be compromised for the West Ham United versus Liverpool match.

But though he has been philosophical about the change, he has suggested the appointment should be made after the semis in future.

"Obviously it was a very bitter pill to swallow on Sunday afternoon when I received the call," Dean told Sky Sports News.

"About two weeks ago I received a call from the FA saying they'd like me to ref the Cup final this year.

"I was chuffed to pieces because it would be the biggest game I've ever refereed, so I told my family and friends.

"They usually pick the official after the semis, but for some reason this year they appointed one early, and this happened.

"It's not worth me saying what could have been done, but they might learn from what they've done.

"I'll obviously not build my hopes up every time I get an appointment now because you never know what's going to happen," he said.

Am I being too cynical in thinking that, when Liverpool were drawn against Chelsea, that the FA thought it was a formality that Chelsea would get through, hence the appointment of Dean earlier than normal?
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:22 am

hawkmoon269 wrote:Am I being too cynical in thinking that, when Liverpool were drawn against Chelsea, that the FA thought it was a formality that Chelsea would get through, hence the appointment of Dean earlier than normal?

no i dont think you are either....

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby AlanHansen » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:08 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
AlanHansen wrote:My mate reckons theres a 0.5 chance of him getting a ticket - I think he's being optomistic. We're thinking of heading down to cardiff anyway.

how many games has he been to?

He's been to 10-11 games this season, but I think he just got a ticket off mates, I don't think he has a fancard.
AlanHansen

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:19 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:Am I being too cynical in thinking that, when Liverpool were drawn against Chelsea, that the FA thought it was a formality that Chelsea would get through, hence the appointment of Dean earlier than normal?

I think you are.  I can see why you'd think it, and perhaps you're right, but I don't think even the FA would be that stupid.  After the CL last year, they must have known that we could knock out Chavski, honestly I think it was an honest :censored: up.  But I might be wrong.

Incidently, has Mike Dean been our ref before?
Red Red Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion