THE FA CUP FINAL THREAD - CARDIFF BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shanks74 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:50 pm

First of all a big hi and hearty hello to you all,anyway im still tucking into the ale even now in celebration at a sweet sweet victory against the Chelski.
I was sat there in front of telly glued solid to action forgetting that i was in presecence of my dad and my sis but given the nature of what unfolded i figure i can be forgiven for going ape,when the first went in a let out an allmighty roar and when the second sailed in i went thermonuclear !!!!.
My bessie mate who incedently is a Chelski suppoerter was at the game and phoned me after the final wistle to say well done-i was dead choaked when he held his moby out to let me hear the strains of the red army belting out YNWA so be told - not all cockney blues are the same !!!,bring on the Hammers !!!!!!
:buttrock  :buttrock
Last edited by shanks74 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shanks74

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:38 pm

redmikey wrote:Hasn't the FA cup made a massive comeback.

not one mention of mickey mouse cup and oh it's only the fa cup, it is a great competition which we should be proud of winning. but it has taken teams like us , manure and chelski to take it seriously and entre strong teams.

players like momo,pepe and xabi are really taking us foward as a team and i can't wait to see how the next players rafa signs fit in to the unit, ie agger,gonsalez etc

We won't underestimate west ham because rafa wouldn't let it happen he will have been watching them today and taking them apart in his mind,

I am going to cardiff ticket or no ticket, i,ve got a fan card but no fa cup games on it but who cares the last final at cardiff our southern home i am not missing that one,

will it be as good as when mikey popped up and took arsenal apart, i don't think so!

will it be as bad as losing 1-0 to manure in the worst final ever , i fecking doubt it

but win or lose this has been a positive season,and all of the doom mongers and glory hunters should hang your heads when we go out of the champ league when the team have been playing as well as they have been this year,

sunny day in cardiff on the pis s ,role on the rafalution

The only Mickey Mouse cup around is the League cup.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:23 am

Its never  a mickey mouse cup if you win it and as far as im concerned the FA cup has always been huge.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:37 pm

The FA can confirm that Alan Wiley will replace Mike Dean as the referee for this season's FA Cup Final between Liverpool and West Ham United.

Alan, 45, has been a Select Group referee since 2000. He refereed the FA Community Shield between Arsenal and Liverpool in 2002 and the Carling Cup Final between Chelsea and Liverpool in February this year.

The decision was taken following Liverpool's semi-final victory on Saturday.

The FA has complete faith in Mike Dean's refereeing ability, integrity and impartiality.

However, given the huge interest in all aspects of The FA Cup Final, the fact that he is from the Wirral might lead to comment and debate which would place him under undue additional pressure. The decision has been taken with the best interests of Mike Dean and the competition in mind.

At the age of 37, Mike Dean is still young enough to referee a future FA Cup Final
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:41 pm

hopefully gonna be in cardiff for the big day... more than likely go down to bournemouth or something for the weekend for it tho.

gonna be a guddon!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:08 pm

I'll be there. I should qualify for a ticket after going to the manure game and the semi on saturday. Even if I can't get a ticket, I'll still be going down there.

It was destiny for us to be the first team to win at cardiff and hopefully it is destiny for us to be the last team to win in cardiff. It's on terms for us to say a proper goodbye to cardiff in winning style.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:44 pm

When I've been down there I've stayed in Monmouth, Breacon, and Chepstow.
Me and me mates debating where to stay next.. any other towns good to stay at?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby born a red live a red die a red » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:56 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:The FA can confirm that Alan Wiley will replace Mike Dean as the referee for this season's FA Cup Final between Liverpool and West Ham United.

Alan, 45, has been a Select Group referee since 2000. He refereed the FA Community Shield between Arsenal and Liverpool in 2002 and the Carling Cup Final between Chelsea and Liverpool in February this year.

The FA has complete faith in Mike Dean's refereeing ability, integrity and impartiality.

However, given the huge interest in all aspects of The FA Cup Final, the fact that he is from the Wirral might lead to comment and debate which would place him under undue additional pressure. The decision has been taken with the best interests of Mike Dean and the competition in mind.

At the age of 37, Mike Dean is still young enough to referee a future FA Cup Final

SKY SPORTS NEWS CAN CONFIRM THAT WE HAVE THE LUCKY NORTH DRESSING ROOM.BUT WEST HAM HAVE THE LUCKY HOTEL(THE ONE WHERE THE TEAM ALWAYS STOPS AT IN CARDIFF)APPARANTLY BOTH TEAMS WANTED THE SAME HOTEL & THE FA HAD TO TOSS A COIN TO DECIDE.
born a red live a red die a red

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:57 pm

born a red live a red die a red wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:The FA can confirm that Alan Wiley will replace Mike Dean as the referee for this season's FA Cup Final between Liverpool and West Ham United.

SKY SPORTS NEWS CAN CONFIRM THAT WE HAVE THE LUCKY NORTH DRESSING ROOM.BUT WEST HAM HAVE THE LUCKY HOTEL(THE ONE WHERE THE TEAM ALWAYS STOPS AT IN CARDIFF)APPARANTLY BOTH TEAMS WANTED THE SAME HOTEL & THE FA HAD TO TOSS A COIN TO DECIDE.

does that mean we get the north stand also?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby born a red live a red die a red » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:09 pm

YES I THINK SO? ??? :help
born a red live a red die a red

Postby Mark 23 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:41 pm

I can't wait for the Final, I'm sweating on a ticket though
Mark 23

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:hopefully gonna be in cardiff for the big day... more than likely go down to bournemouth or something for the weekend for it tho.

gonna be a guddon!

hmmm i have no choice i have to be there, im from Cardiff :p

All i need to do now is just get a few tickets so i can sit with you guys for a change.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:37 pm

Well done liverpool!..
Made it all this way..
Beat chelsea.. Who was the favorites to win it.. Not now thoughh :p

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:32 am

adamnbarrett wrote:I'll be there. I should qualify for a ticket after going to the manure game and the semi on saturday. Even if I can't get a ticket, I'll still be going down there.

Hi Adam, you might be out of luck mate only having TWO FA Cup games on your fan card. With the extra game (Semi Final) making five ties so far I'd reckon you will need a miminmum of THREE games to be guaranteed a ticket. ???

I have FOUR out of the five games in the bag but with the allocation for the final likely to be LESS than we got for the Semi Final (29,000) I  think you may be struggling.

Good on you though for amking the trip anyway, see you there :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:01 am

As I said before - I believe this match will be closer than many expect.

I will go for a 2-1 scoreline, but I honestly feel it could go either way if our strikers have an off-day.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion