The doom and gloom brigade

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:07 am

.........has arrived once again.

What happened to optimism,common sense,intelligence and integrity? After just one Premiership game certain individuals have already taken their knives out and all of a sudden it's a disaster!

"OH NO WE'RE BEHIND CHARLTON" For fecks sake it's the first game of the season. We played on the road and got a point, and in case some of you forgotten we didn't do enough of that last season. Remember Middlesbrough last year? Yes them, they ran over us and outclassed us. This time around we got a point, and ran over them. Yes we could had won, we had the chances but we've scored dozens of goals in pre-season(and in CL qualifiers), we're capable of scoring goals. Today was an off day as far as putting the ball int othe back of the net was concerned.

Benitez started with a 4-5-1 formation in order to feel out the opposition,especially since they had Yakubu and Hasseilbank up front who've caused us problems before. There are 37 games left to be played, it's too damn early for all this crap. Most of you are too hard to please for your own good, come back down to earth.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:09 am

Well in A.B. Couldn't have put it as politely as that if I'd have tried!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:12 am

Well in A.B. Couldn't have put it as politely as that if I'd have tried!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:16 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Well in A.B. Couldn't have put it as politely as that if I'd have tried!!!!! :D

YEA I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE LANDO...HA!!   :p

:D
76-1115222408

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:26 am

yes,i agree.some ppl are just ridiculous !!
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:43 am

1st half was just like watching last season, we set up to not lose rather than to win. thats a fact and calling people moaners wont change that
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:01 am

Peewee you moaner.

:D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:05 am

see, it didnt change anything     :D
112-1077774096

Postby Espionage » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:10 am

I could not believe what people were saying, sure we were frustrated, but thats not a bad result away from home
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:32 am

I don't care about the negative :censored:, as their not proper reds in my eyes and don't understand football, I have 100% faith in Rafa and others should too :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:09 am

Correct AB !! Good post,some people expect perfection and Brazil style football every game and every player 2 play there best game every game!!
Theses peopler are just ignorant and unrealistic also very fu.king annoying! :no
66-1120597113

Postby Feeney » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:34 am

A.B. wrote:.........has arrived once again.

What happened to optimism,common sense,intelligence and integrity? After just one Premiership game certain individuals have already taken their knives out and all of a sudden it's a disaster!

"OH NO WE'RE BEHIND CHARLTON" For fecks sake it's the first game of the season. We played on the road and got a point, and in case some of you forgotten we didn't do enough of that last season. Remember Middlesbrough last year? Yes them, they ran over us and outclassed us. This time around we got a point, and ran over them. Yes we could had won, we had the chances but we've scored dozens of goals in pre-season(and in CL qualifiers), we're capable of scoring goals. Today was an off day as far as putting the ball int othe back of the net was concerned.

Benitez started with a 4-5-1 formation in order to feel out the opposition,especially since they had Yakubu and Hasseilbank up front who've caused us problems before. There are 37 games left to be played, it's too damn early for all this crap. Most of you are too hard to please for your own good, come back down to earth.

AB, your comments are a hurrah for common sense. Last season we WOULD have lost that game (before anyone says it, I know we DID, I am talking in relation to our away form last season) and if we perform at that level for all of our away games this season, we will pick up more points than we will lose.

If you had of offered me a draw before the game, I would have taken it as our record at the Riverside is at best, patchy.

We've got Sunderland and Sofia in the next 2 games, both at home and I believe they will be comprehensive victories. The 'doom n gloom' brigade will be back praising the whole team, the sun will be shinning and world peace will have been declared. Everything will be rosey in thier eyes again.

I've heard a few people slagging off the formation - if i'm not mistaken, didn't Rafa play this sort of formation at Valencia? I also didn't see it a 4-5-1 either - more 4-3-2-1. That formation doesn't constitute a defensive attitude at all - exactly the opposite, infact.

For the first game of the season proper, i'm happy. Why shouldn't I be? I've already seen the one major thing that I wanted to see this season - PROGRESS.  :cool:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:13 pm

The Doom and Gloomers are the reason why I no longer read match day threads. I just post and leave because I can't be bothered to trawl through pages and pages of moaners saying things like "Sack Benitez, get rid of Moores, Gerrard is our only player, Gerrard sucks, moan, moan, moan, whine, whine, whine, blah, blah, funking blah!!!". It does annoy me that I don't hear too many other views on matches from this site, but people who look a hard earned point in the mouth (that's right. Not a loss, but a draw) and start screaming for blood really get on my nerves.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:14 pm

Good post AB
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby YoungAdam » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:39 pm

It's their right to moan I suppose but after ONE game? Come on. This looks to be one of the strongest squads in a long time!
YoungAdam

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion