The doom and gloom brigade

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:08 pm

I think it's just dissapointment after the pre-season and CL win.  A point away to boro is not a bad result and i'm not going to start judging our team until 10-15 games in.  Especially because we still have 2 or 3 more players to come in yet
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:39 pm

We were ponderous and seriously lacking any invention .Each attack that we mounted seemed to be conducted at walking pace (mentally at least) .

Although our pre season was a series of competive matches, I got the feeling in the first half against Boro that we'd forgotten how physically competetive the premiership is . Second half we upped our game but creativity was definitly lacking.

Only one game so i'm not writing off the season ,we do however have to stop treating away games in the Prem as some kind of away trip in the champions league .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:40 pm

Yeah i didnt bother reading the match thread and after reading this thread i can see it was right choice.
Hate to see what happens when we actually lose a match ???
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:44 pm

A.B. wrote:.........has arrived once again.

What happened to optimism,common sense,intelligence and integrity? After just one Premiership game certain individuals have already taken their knives out and all of a sudden it's a disaster!

"OH NO WE'RE BEHIND CHARLTON" For fecks sake it's the first game of the season. We played on the road and got a point, and in case some of you forgotten we didn't do enough of that last season. Remember Middlesbrough last year? Yes them, they ran over us and outclassed us. This time around we got a point, and ran over them. Yes we could had won, we had the chances but we've scored dozens of goals in pre-season(and in CL qualifiers), we're capable of scoring goals. Today was an off day as far as putting the ball int othe back of the net was concerned.

Benitez started with a 4-5-1 formation in order to feel out the opposition,especially since they had Yakubu and Hasseilbank up front who've caused us problems before. There are 37 games left to be played, it's too damn early for all this crap. Most of you are too hard to please for your own good, come back down to earth.

good post! :D  :laugh:  :nod
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:48 pm

Feeney wrote:

What happened to optimism,common sense,intelligence and integrity? After just one Premiership game certain individuals have already taken their knives out and all of a sudden it's a disaster!

"OH NO WE'RE BEHIND CHARLTON" For fecks sake it's the first game of the season. We played on the road and got a point, and in case some of you forgotten we didn't do enough of that last season. Remember Middlesbrough last year? Yes them, they ran over us and outclassed us. This time around we got a point, and ran over them. Yes we could had won, we had the chances but we've scored dozens of goals in pre-season(and in CL qualifiers), we're capable of scoring goals. Today was an off day as far as putting the ball int othe back of the net was concerned.

Benitez started with a 4-5-1 formation in order to feel out the opposition,especially since they had Yakubu and Hasseilbank up front who've caused us problems before. There are 37 games left to be played, it's too damn early for all this crap. Most of you are too hard to please for your own good, come back down to earth.

AB, your comments are a hurrah for common sense. Last season we WOULD have lost that game (before anyone says it, I know we DID, I am talking in relation to our away form last season) and if we perform at that level for all of our away games this season, we will pick up more points than we will lose.

If you had of offered me a draw before the game, I would have taken it as our record at the Riverside is at best, patchy.

We've got Sunderland and Sofia in the next 2 games, both at home and I believe they will be comprehensive victories. The 'doom n gloom' brigade will be back praising the whole team, the sun will be shinning and world peace will have been declared. Everything will be rosey in thier eyes again.

I've heard a few people slagging off the formation - if i'm not mistaken, didn't Rafa play this sort of formation at Valencia? I also didn't see it a 4-5-1 either - more 4-3-2-1. That formation doesn't constitute a defensive attitude at all - exactly the opposite, infact.

For the first game of the season proper, i'm happy. Why shouldn't I be? I've already seen the one major thing that I wanted to see this season - PROGRESS.  :cool:

Excellent post A.B. and an excellent reply Feeney that are my sentiments exactly.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:57 pm

Totally agree AB.

Good performance away from home, an improvement already from last season, just wasn't our day for finding the net
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:58 pm

chelsea are lucky :censored:!!!!!!!!!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:41 pm

See all you doomers and gloomers its only the first day, and if not for a piece of luck, chel$ki would have only 1 point this week.  So chill out.  Any team can beat anyone on anygive sunday
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:16 pm

totally agree with the post - i thought the performance was a vast improvement on last years away day slogs which normally ended in defeats. lets face it we were only a matter of inches/feet from actually scoring on a few occassions in which case no one would have cause for complaint.

only thing i would like changed is to get more men in the box or generally supporting the attack so even when we lose the ball we can try and win it again higher up the pitch and create more sustained spells of pressure. i dont think its a formation thing, 4-5-1 o 4-4-2, its parlt a mentality thing but i'm sure with more confidence throughout the side we'll get that right too
red_indian

Postby Luis Garcia » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:50 am

we know its the first game of the season!  DOH!

you should be gloomful though boy, as Michael Owen Aint NEVER COMING BACK!!!

Booooo Hoooooo !  :rasp
Luis Garcia

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:53 am

this Luis Garcia chap reminds me of the Hustler. ???
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:25 am

who's hustler???
i've heard a lot of bad things about this dude. was he a complete tit or something?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:51 am

this Luis Garcia chap reminds me of the Hustler.

Good spot that, I'm thinking the same
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:54 am

Good post as usual A.B.

I think it's probably best to IGNORE certain immature individuals....Some of the comments are clearly coming from some THICK HEAD individuals that need :help

Cheers!  :)
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:05 am

I don't give a sh!t what anyone thinks, after that game our season is over. Sack Rafa, Sell gerrard !!!!!

:p  :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion