The "don't buy the sun" blimp - Contributions invited

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:29 am

I've got quotes which will mean we can do this for £1,000 including a 7m-long blimp, printing, plus enough helium to get it in the air for its first 2 or 3 flights. We're already a quarter of the way to that figure.

Paypal is far and away the easiest way for me to collect the funds, but cheque is also fine if that's easier for you. Send payment to stu@corkyball.co.uk, which is also the best way to get in touch if you want an address to send cheques to.
ivor_the_injun

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Sabre wrote:In the case the funding goes well consider to hire another one like this

with a Hicks and Gillete readable. The idea would be to make it explode it in the air  :D

Yeah because that would play well to our American fans wouldn't it?  :no
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:23 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:
Reg wrote:Hello Ivor, welcome back - your Takeover thread is still going strong!

The blimp would only make sense if 1. LFC dont object and 2. If the media agree to publicise it.

The fans have an issue with the S*n but does the club, can they publically support such a campaign?
Will BBC/ITV or the satellite channels take up a fight against the S*n?

I think you'd have to do some research before commiting hard earned cash mate.

To be completely honest with you the opinions of the club themselves would be pretty irrelevent to this - it'd be anchored outside the ground, but close enough so it could be seen. On a clear day, the messages on these blimps can be read from a couple of miles away.

It would actually be a good opportunity to try and nail the club down to taking a position on it. I don't know if they've ever actually backed the boycott, so it would be something worth taking their temperature on. I find it very hard to believe they'd be against it, put it that way.

As for the media, I think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. It would actually be a story in itself. Sky - understandably - would probably go out of their way to avoid showing it, but ESPN certainly wouldn't, Match Of The Day probably wouldn't, and I could see press photographers of rival publications aiming their lenses that way, don't worry about that at all.

So you find it hard to believe that Liverpool who make most of their income from Sky TV money would object to you taking the p1ss out of the SUN. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea but come back to reality here Ivor, there is no way, no way in hell the club will support you on this, they will more than likely insist it gets removed fairly sharpish.
heimdall

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:29 pm

heimdall wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:
Reg wrote:Hello Ivor, welcome back - your Takeover thread is still going strong!

The blimp would only make sense if 1. LFC dont object and 2. If the media agree to publicise it.

The fans have an issue with the S*n but does the club, can they publically support such a campaign?
Will BBC/ITV or the satellite channels take up a fight against the S*n?

I think you'd have to do some research before commiting hard earned cash mate.

To be completely honest with you the opinions of the club themselves would be pretty irrelevent to this - it'd be anchored outside the ground, but close enough so it could be seen. On a clear day, the messages on these blimps can be read from a couple of miles away.

It would actually be a good opportunity to try and nail the club down to taking a position on it. I don't know if they've ever actually backed the boycott, so it would be something worth taking their temperature on. I find it very hard to believe they'd be against it, put it that way.

As for the media, I think you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. It would actually be a story in itself. Sky - understandably - would probably go out of their way to avoid showing it, but ESPN certainly wouldn't, Match Of The Day probably wouldn't, and I could see press photographers of rival publications aiming their lenses that way, don't worry about that at all.

So you find it hard to believe that Liverpool who make most of their income from Sky TV money would object to you taking the p1ss out of the SUN. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea but come back to reality here Ivor, there is no way, no way in hell the club will support you on this, they will more than likely insist it gets removed fairly sharpish.

Just to be clear - if it's not on the club's land, it's absolutely f*ck all to do with them.

And frankly, I would f*cking dare them to speak out against the idea. Think it through and see where that road takes you.
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:31 pm

A couple more contributions gratefully received today, I'm pleased to say.

We're well on the way, but plenty more still needed. Do please give generously if you can.
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:00 pm

We're over a third of the way, many thanks to those that have thrown in for this.

A very important point that I haven't mentioned is that the blimp I'm looking at has ties for banners so we can add messages such as, say, "Hicks and Gillett are killing our club" or suchlike on top of the printed message.

Contributions still very much welcomed - Paypal to stu@corkyball.co.uk (send as a gift to ensure the full amount goes towards the blimp as opposed to fees being deducted).

If you want to send a cheque or by bank transfer, mail me on that address and I'll gladly give you the relevant details.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Done.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion