The current predicament... - A reality check...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:54 pm

Rush Job wrote:
STR_18 wrote:,Firstly before any numbnutz says is this a Rafa out thread no it :censored: is not. The mans a living legend and I love him to peices for whats he's done so far. He's also tactically extremely clever and potentially a world class manager...

He has however :censored: up this season and NEEDS to have a look at himself and the things he's done and learn from it.

An absoloutely awful first half to the season. Quite simple really...

Poor management, poor team selections, poor signings and a little bit of bad luck aswell.

Firstly the "bad luck". I'm not a fan of this excuse at all. But missing Kewell and Sissoko for long periods has caused us massive problems this season. Especially Kewell's absence. Kewell was excellent at times last season and held the ball up aswell as using the ball intelligently he helped out defensively and gave us good balance. We've missed that this season. Sissoko's loss hasn't been as important for me, however its still not allowed us to place out a tried and trusted midfield.

Secondly the team selections. A blind man can see that Liverpool have been playing BETTER (not good) football in the previous weeks so why change is again? Why does Rafa feel the need to fix something that isn't broken? I like rotation, i think it works. The pace the games played at these days you HAVE to rotate but you don't drop an on form player or your best player unless you have equal quality to replace them. Rafa often goes on about percentages and how its important that players are at 100%. Often the case but not always, you lose percentages when teams arent settled just as much as you do from rotation, you lose that telapathy, you lose confidence in players knowing that no matter how they play they could be on the bench the week after... Also, why has the defence changed so much last season? We were outstanding at the back this year, we've been very average so far. Agger has shown promise but thats all. He's not at Sami's level yet and we miss Hyypia when he doesn't play alot. The best back four is the one that played last season.

Poor management comes under the tactics and team selections. Crouch in for Kuyt at the weekend? Why? Playing out and out wingers who like a cross when theres two forwards who can't head a ball to save there life in there? Why? Playing a 3 man midfield? Why? Taking strikers off when you're losing? Why? Not playing your best goalscorer and one of your best players? Why?

The signings over the years...

Aurelio - Seems excellent technically but poor physically. He doesn't seem to have the mentallity either nor the tactical quality to play in defence...

Gonzalez - Quite simply not good enough and never a Liverpool player. Has shown glimpses of quality occassionally but never had a good 90 minutes.

Kuyt - I like, a decent player, but not good enough to be our main striker. He's a decent finisher not a great one and he's awful in the air. His ability to attack a moving ball and anticipate something in the box isn't great either. He's fairly strong and the ball does stick alot of the time with him but it should stick more than it does.

Pennant - Has shown glimpses but in general looks petrified to play at the minute. Looks like he knows this is his last chance and has no belief in his play. Simply isn't showing what he's capable of. Also, the point in him playing with Bellamy and Kuyt is what exactly? Pennant's a good crosser, Fowler attacks the ball as he shown against Galatasary, Kuyt and Bellamy don't. The aren't going to score goals from crosses. Feel sorry for the lad at the minute.

Crouch - Why did we pay £7million when Ashton went for 7million to West Ham? Crouch has better dribbling ability than Ashton, Ashton pisses all over him at EVERYTHING else bar height.

Bellamy - £6million. A good player, definately. Like him, got him for his value. First choice though? Do me a fucking favour. We're used to Owen's, Fowler's, Rush's...

The ones that got away...

Ashton £7m, self explanatory. Better than all of our strikers. Better finisher than them all, more of a goalscorer than them all and can play with his back to goal better than them all.

Anelka £8m, pace and quality personified. Excellent player. Him and Ashton would have been a hell of a partnership. Pace, power, intelligence, goals, strength, arial ability, poaching and Anelka even runs the channels.

Bullard £2m, a bit of quality on the ball in the attacking third. Will make a pass, take an extra touch, make a decoy run, will try and play a one two, can dicate the play in the opponents half of the pitch aswell as covering more ground than nearly every player in the league. A workhorse with quality at a bargain price.

Ashton         Anelka
Kewell                                     Gerrard
              Alonso         Bullard   

Riise        Hyypia       Carragher    Finnan

Reina

Would have been nice... Still...

We lack quality individuals. Fowler is still an excellent player and never gets a look in and certain players we have aren't as good as made out. Its as simple as that.

you say it isn`t a Rafa out post so then what is it.
IMHO to many fans hail Rafa for his successes but then moan he hasnt done enough, have a go at his tacticts his signings his team sellections forgeting it was his selection his team that won the FA cup, his selection his team that got us our biggest points haul we have had in the prem and most other years would have won us it, his inspired words that got us on
our way in Istanbull.
You cant say i love Rafa but then on the other hand he`s shi.t  "poor management , poor team selections poor signings".
None of us like were we are in the league at the moment but we have got to believe the Boss is the best man for the job and that he`s got a team not far away from challenging.
It was always going to be hard going from a Champions league place side to a league winning side but i don`t think we are that far away, we have been punished for slopy performances too many top players below par, our best player for what ever  reason going missing to many times but we are going in the right direction and we are and will improve even if sometimes the result says different.
We are a good side who have let are selves down this season but i dont blame the Boss, i dont know how anyone can have a go at his transfer deals, he`s brought some gems to anfield without paying other the odds and i include Crouch, he`s improved us again this season. We have a solid defence quality midfield and a good choise of forwards, a bit more craft, cunning, creativity and a few more goals in those important games and we`er their.That could be as little as one world class player, it took them Cantonar i think it could be something similar with us but i dont think Bullards the man ( for :censored: sake ).
Its really not that bad dont you remember Souness?

Its a Rafa must do better and learn from his mistakes post.

Like I said, I love Rafa and I believe in him and I firmly believe he's the man for the job and I will rightly or wrongly venomously back him should he come under uncunstructive critisism just like I did with Gerard Houllier. But by the same token I will not blindly follow and agree with EVERYTHING he does, every team selection and every signing.

Did you agree with his selection of Zenden over Alonso in the first game of the season away against Sheffield United?

Do you agree when he leaves Gerrard or Alonso on the bench? Or when he plays a winger who's game is about crossing with two forwards who don't thrive on crosses?

You then mention the "Quality defence"....

Riise, Hyypia, Carragher and Finnan... Houllier and Evans signings those mate. Nothing to do with Rafa. Also Agger hasn't convinced me at all, despite some praising him beyond belief I see a decent player with ALOT of improving to do before he can be considered first team material.

The point is its not "that bad". But I feel last seasons team could have been improved massively. Yet it hasn't. We were a far far far far better side last season. Both at the back and in terms of efficiency and scoring goals. Pennant in for Sissoko hasn't improved us, it may have gave us better balance had Morientes and Fowler still been the strikers, but they aren't. We now have strikers who don't score goals from crosses. The balance of the team's changed and we're alot different and nowhere near as effective. The league table shows this. We lost less last season than we have in the whole of this one.
83-1165214211

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:56 pm

Stu you talk some sense lad!!

And also some of the biggest balls i have heard.....ha ha ha aha
66-1120597113

Postby Rush Job » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:26 am

aCe' wrote:STR...  u are one arrogant fcking baastard... but i agree with almost every fcking word you said.... except for the bullard part... ddnt see enough of him to judge and sissoko is a very good player for us..
all about quality... and at the moment... we lag behind !
all of the sht the ppl in this forum come up with is just sickening at times... "give me bellamy ahead of shevchenko any day of the week" MYY A.sssssss !
and yes you are right... rafa did mess up quite a decent bit this season !

Right now i would take Bellamy over Shevchenco, we`d have a real lack of pace upfront without him.
And i wish people would give Crouch a brake he was one of the most in form players about early this season and was banging them in for club and country but was droped to let Kuyt and Bellamy bed in, holds it up well,brings others in, much better on the deck than people give him credit for if any thing lets him self down in the air, but remains a good option and if we were to sell we wouldn`d lose any money.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:51 am

STR_18+5 wrote:
peterc1992 wrote::censored:,momo is and will be one of the best defensive midfielders in the english game and he is a brilliant signing,i wouldnt play him instead of bullard,i dont like anelka because,hes greedy,but good and crouch is a good player along with bellamy and gonzalez is quick and is a bit  unexpierienced but in a few years hel be a mighty player,

Take the blinkers off and remember that statement in a few years. I won't go to town on you because you're only a child, but i will say two things you will do well to remember...

1. You can't make diamonds out of :censored:.

2. You either have it or you don't.

but i think ur talking some :censored:,and take me to town all u want i havnt been there for a while :p

ur talking :censored:,u say :playing a 3 man midfield,why?

we didnt play a 3 man midfield mate so i have ya there we played 4-4-2 like this

Reina

carragher Hyypia agger riise

Finnan Alonso Gerrard gonzalez

crouch bellamy
so.....

i dont agree with ur anelka :censored: at all,we had him a nd when houlier let him go i thought oh no but actually,i think it was a good move,hes talented but his greed gets in the way ,hes not a liverpool player,u say benitez :censored: up our season,but then u say it is down to bad luck about all the good teams away early in the season,which is it?

i think that it was a right move not to play kuyt the last game because he hasnt looked well lately and crouch was given back his chance to shine,bellamy and crouch have proved and our are best goalscorers this season so why say:Not playing your best goalscorer and one of your best players? Why?:i think ur talking about kuyt,hes not our best goalscorer,or are u talking bout fowler,if u are sorry for my mistake,but i dont think fowler is up to it unless he gets back to his 100% fotness
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:00 am

STR_18 wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
STR_18 wrote:,Firstly before any numbnutz says is this a Rafa out thread no it :censored: is not. The mans a living legend and I love him to peices for whats he's done so far. He's also tactically extremely clever and potentially a world class manager...

He has however :censored: up this season and NEEDS to have a look at himself and the things he's done and learn from it.

Poor management, poor team selections, poor signings and a little bit of bad luck aswell.

Firstly the "bad luck". I'm not a fan of this excuse at all. But missing Kewell and Sissoko for long periods has caused us massive problems this season. Especially Kewell's absence. Kewell was excellent at times last season and held the ball up aswell as using the ball intelligently he helped out defensively and gave us good balance. We've missed that this season. Sissoko's loss hasn't been as important for me, however its still not allowed us to place out a tried and trusted midfield.

Secondly the team selections. A blind man can see that Liverpool have been playing BETTER (not good) football in the previous weeks so why change is again? Why does Rafa feel the need to fix something that isn't broken? I like rotation, i think it works. The pace the games played at these days you HAVE to rotate but you don't drop an on form player or your best player unless you have equal quality to replace them. Rafa often goes on about percentages and how its important that players are at 100%. Often the case but not always, you lose percentages when teams arent settled just as much as you do from rotation, you lose that telapathy, you lose confidence in players knowing that no matter how they play they could be on the bench the week after... Also, why has the defence changed so much last season? We were outstanding at the back this year, we've been very average so far. Agger has shown promise but thats all. He's not at Sami's level yet and we miss Hyypia when he doesn't play alot. The best back four is the one that played last season.

Poor management comes under the tactics and team selections. Crouch in for Kuyt at the weekend? Why? Playing out and out wingers who like a cross when theres two forwards who can't head a ball to save there life in there? Why? Playing a 3 man midfield? Why? Taking strikers off when you're losing? Why? Not playing your best goalscorer and one of your best players? Why?

Aurelio - Seems excellent technically but poor physically. He doesn't seem to have the mentallity either nor the tactical quality to play in defence...

Gonzalez - Quite simply not good enough and never a Liverpool player. Has shown glimpses of quality occassionally but never had a good 90 minutes.

Kuyt - I like, a decent player, but not good enough to be our main striker. He's a decent finisher not a great one and he's awful in the air. His ability to attack a moving ball and anticipate something in the box isn't great either. He's fairly strong and the ball does stick alot of the time with him but it should stick more than it does.

Pennant - Has shown glimpses but in general looks petrified to play at the minute. Looks like he knows this is his last chance and has no belief in his play. Simply isn't showing what he's capable of. Also, the point in him playing with Bellamy and Kuyt is what exactly? Pennant's a good crosser, Fowler attacks the ball as he shown against Galatasary, Kuyt and Bellamy don't. The aren't going to score goals from crosses. Feel sorry for the lad at the minute.

Crouch - Why did we pay £7million when Ashton went for 7million to West Ham? Crouch has better dribbling ability than Ashton, Ashton pisses all over him at EVERYTHING else bar height.

Bellamy - £6million. A good player, definately. Like him, got him for his value. First choice though? Do me a fucking favour. We're used to Owen's, Fowler's, Rush's...

Ashton £7m, self explanatory. Better than all of our strikers. Better finisher than them all, more of a goalscorer than them all and can play with his back to goal better than them all.

Anelka £8m, pace and quality personified. Excellent player. Him and Ashton would have been a hell of a partnership. Pace, power, intelligence, goals, strength, arial ability, poaching and Anelka even runs the channels.

Bullard £2m, a bit of quality on the ball in the attacking third. Will make a pass, take an extra touch, make a decoy run, will try and play a one two, can dicate the play in the opponents half of the pitch aswell as covering more ground than nearly every player in the league. A workhorse with quality at a bargain price.

Ashton         Anelka
              Alonso         Bullard   

Reina

We lack quality individuals. Fowler is still an excellent player and never gets a look in and certain players we have aren't as good as made out. Its as simple as that.

you say it isn`t a Rafa out post so then what is it.
IMHO to many fans hail Rafa for his successes but then moan he hasnt done enough, have a go at his tacticts his signings his team sellections forgeting it was his selection his team that won the FA cup, his selection his team that got us our biggest points haul we have had in the prem and most other years would have won us it, his inspired words that got us on
our way in Istanbull.
You cant say i love Rafa but then on the other hand he`s shi.t  "poor management , poor team selections poor signings".
None of us like were we are in the league at the moment but we have got to believe the Boss is the best man for the job and that he`s got a team not far away from challenging.
It was always going to be hard going from a Champions league place side to a league winning side but i don`t think we are that far away, we have been punished for slopy performances too many top players below par, our best player for what ever  reason going missing to many times but we are going in the right direction and we are and will improve even if sometimes the result says different.
We are a good side who have let are selves down this season but i dont blame the Boss, i dont know how anyone can have a go at his transfer deals, he`s brought some gems to anfield without paying other the odds and i include Crouch, he`s improved us again this season. We have a solid defence quality midfield and a good choise of forwards, a bit more craft, cunning, creativity and a few more goals in those important games and we`er their.That could be as little as one world class player, it took them Cantonar i think it could be something similar with us but i dont think Bullards the man ( for :censored: sake ).
Its really not that bad dont you remember Souness?

Its a Rafa must do better and learn from his mistakes post.

Like I said, I love Rafa and I believe in him and I firmly believe he's the man for the job and I will rightly or wrongly venomously back him should he come under uncunstructive critisism just like I did with Gerard Houllier. But by the same token I will not blindly follow and agree with EVERYTHING he does, every team selection and every signing.

Did you agree with his selection of Zenden over Alonso in the first game of the season away against Sheffield United?

Do you agree when he leaves Gerrard or Alonso on the bench? Or when he plays a winger who's game is about crossing with two forwards who don't thrive on crosses?

You then mention the "Quality defence"....

Riise, Hyypia, Carragher and Finnan... Houllier and Evans signings those mate. Nothing to do with Rafa. Also Agger hasn't convinced me at all, despite some praising him beyond belief I see a decent player with ALOT of improving to do before he can be considered first team material.

The point is its not "that bad". But I feel last seasons team could have been improved massively. Yet it hasn't. We were a far far far far better side last season. Both at the back and in terms of efficiency and scoring goals. Pennant in for Sissoko hasn't improved us, it may have gave us better balance had Morientes and Fowler still been the strikers, but they aren't. We now have strikers who don't score goals from crosses. The balance of the team's changed and we're alot different and nowhere near as effective. The league table shows this. We lost less last season than we have in the whole of this one.

What fan of any team could agree with every team sellection, Xabi by his own admission felt tired at the start of the season ( like a lot of players coming back from the world cup ) its Rafa`s job to pick the side and he went with Zenden, a player who he new would be needed this year and a player who knows has something to prove and a player who just came of a good performance in the C shield, did you mind him starting in Cardiff? Would you have minded had we won at Sheff Utd?
We are always going to have different opinions on team selection but at the end of the day we had enough on the park to win, you cant tell me because we played Zenden are team wasnt good enough to beat Sheff Utd.

For the recored i never said Benitez signed the back four i meirly stated they were quality. :p
Last edited by Rush Job on Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:04 am

Is stu back!  :D  wahey
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby alxy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:25 am

A bit harsh, but I agree with the principle of it. Yes, as many people have said, Rafa knows more about football then probably all of us put together. And yes, you never know what's going on in the dressing room that compels managers to pick certain people in and leave certain people out. But still, I don't understand why after winning 4 games on the trot with a 4-4-2 formation, he goes for, what was it, something like a 3-4-3? Finnan and Riise as wingers?

Still having said that, there is a fine line between success and condemnation. If Crouch had put in those easy chances, then we would have won easily and Rafa would still be God (pardon to Robbie :D ) for making bold but successful changes. On the other hand, we would have been having this discussion a few days earlier if Bangura had put in his sitter and Watford held on for the win.
alxy

Postby Sarge » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:58 am

have faith lad.

last season gerrard scored hefty goals. this season seems not (yet)
drogba was awful last season, this season seems not
crouch was excellent last season, this season still struggling
rooney isn't half the man he was last season

all praises when we are winning, blatant bashings when we are losing. Blame the gaffer blame the players.

boo hoo. get a grip.
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 am

Have to say i hate stu.....don't like him at all...... But most of the times he does make valid points when talking about football.

1)Anelka is a better striker than all the strikers we have now. I actually wanted us to sign Anelka instead of Kujt (who i think is just a good player....to a top striker chelsea or manure will sign). I know it is too early to judge kujt but i really hope he does not become another eric meijer...ie...a striker who does all the donkey work...but doesn't score enuff. In the end, all strikers are judged by the number of goals they score...

As for Ashton... Not sure about him. He has been injured a lot. So  can't really judge him. But u don't have to be a really good player to be better than crouch. Crouch was supposed to be our target man. But he can't head the ball with power to save his own life. Mido of tottenham does a better job as a target-man than crouch ever will. If crouch can't head the ball, then wats the use of having him here ? I mean bellamy and kujt can strike the ball better than him....They are more mobile...They have more pace....

2)Jimmy Bullard is a great player... He was the player controlling the whole wigan midfield last season. He is a better all round player than sissoko..thats for sure. Sissoko's got the physical attributes in his favour. He can run non-stop for 90 mins...but bullard can actually pass/cross the ball. He can score goals. He is good in tracking back (when he plays RW). He can also play anchor man. Fullham got him for 3 million.... That's a steal.....

3)Gonzales - Can't believe rafa hyped him up so much.... Very disappointed with gonzales the most this season. He is just like riise with more pace..tat's it. He can't dribble....He can't get past opposition players. The less said about him the better.

4)Pennant - Pennant has to be one of the most techincally sound players in this league...But there is something wrong with him mentally. He just refuses to impose himself in the game. He tries to get rid the ball as soon as he receives it. He does not like to run at opposition defenders (even though he is good at it). He puts in decent crosses which players like morientes and fowler (even hyppia) will bury it. He has all the attributes to be a great player..but if he doesn't really wanna make use of his skills....then what can i say ? Its like driving a mitsbushi evo on 1st gear throughout your journey.....

5)Bellamy - I actually think this is one of rafa's best signing. I have totally been impressed with him. He is a fast footballer with brains. If he had a competant striker partner....We would have an awesome front-line. Bellamy creates lots of chances for his teammates directly and indirectly (by moving defenders away  and thus creating space for his team-mates). A fit Owen will score loads of goals with this guy.

All-in-all...i think this season is a write-off ( i have already prepared mentally).  So whenever we lose or draw home hames against sh1tty opposition...i don't really lose my temper like last season. Hope rafa gets it right next season.

BTW, i think we might be able to win the league cup if we get past arsenal.... :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:09 am

Hindsight is a wonderful virtue.

I am one of the first to admit like many fans that the start to this season has deflated me massively. Perhaps it was the F.A Cup win, the record league run, or even the Community Shield victory over Chelsea but I, along with many, thought that this year, might of been the year we put together a decent challenge. The squad was strong, we spent money on new players and we had one of the best tacticans in world football as manager. I had high hopes and they were justified.

The start to the season once again was inept. The season before after we won the Champions League, the start was the worst in Liverpool's history in the Premiership. And it happened again this year. Is the team slow starters? Are they fit enough? It raises some questions. 2 seasons on the bounce with very bad starts. What can be going wrong?

Rafa's Tactics

Rafa's rotation, a subject of fierce debate throughout this season is always going to continue. Its worked before and who are we to argue with his track record? I am not a big fan of changing the CB, I'll agree with that. Actually I am not a big fan of changing any of the back five. But the rest of the places are fair game in my opinion, some players suit different games, some players need a rest etc.

He wants the team to play his way and it worked for the majority of 2 seasons. His trophy haul is impressive and the general concensus is that he has improved Liverpool massively. I believe we need to give him a bit more time to get his tactics tuned up.

Fowler

A player I have seen mentioned a few times in this thread already. Robbie Fowler, God, is my hero. I started going the game whe he was in his prime, and I lived for watching him in action at the weekends. He was brilliant and still is a legend at Anfield. I was very, very upset when GH sold him, so much in fact I lost a lot of my hunger for the game and developed a massive dislike for our french boss. I loved Robbie Fowler....

BUT

To suggest he is one of our best players now is totally absurd. He WAS a great player, he still is a great finisher but he is not up the standard that the Premiership requires now. Every time he has played this year, he doesn't look like he has a goal in him. Yes he can score goals when there put on a plate for him but he is not a creator and lacks the physical attributes for the modern game. Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch all bring more the team when there playing. Fowler gives the crowd a lift, but he offers little going forward. He is a legend but to say he is one of our best players now is not fair on the current crop of players.

The Signings So Far

Agree with Aurelio, he looked lost in the early days of the season and his positional play is awful. He loves getting forward but what did you expect from our first ever Brazilian footballer? I think the lad can come good though, he looks a very good footballer technically. His passing, crossing and awareness when he is on the ball is very very good.

Gonzo  -  Not impressed me greatly but I never expected him to set the world on fire. We had a very good Harry Kewell back last year and its very disapointing and frustrating to see him injured again. However more recently Gonzo has shown glimpses of what he is capable of and he is still young. Give him time.

Pennant  -  Many of you know my feelings on this lad. I am always a big supporter of all the lads, I am a big believer in giving players time to settle, learn our style etc.
  However Pennant does not cut it at all with me. His crossing is very good yes, but his inability to beat a man is pathetic. He is fast, good on the ball and yet never ever tries to take a man on and whip one in. Also as many of you know - HIS SHORT PASSING GAME IS AWFUL.

Crouch  -  Very, very unfair there Stu and the rest of Crouchies doubters. He is our top scorer and he got the least playing time. He is a cracking lad and brings Gerrard into the game a lot more when he plays. Some people have exceptionally short memories. : (

Kuyt and Bellamy -  Both only been here since the start of the season, and while they have not set the world on fire, they have done well and scored goals.

Kuyt is a work horse, never stops and the crowd love him for it. He is just adapting to the league and he is a prospect that excites me a lot. I have no doubt he will finish with over 20 goals this year.

Bellamy took a while to get going but it seems a weight has been lifted off his shoulders and he is playing very well at the moment. He was unlucky not to get on the score sheet at Blackburn and I think he will be a good signing. He was a steal at 6m and no one can deny that. 

* They might not be in the same bracket of Fowler, Rush and Owen but there doing well and give them a chance.

Ashton  -  Right, Ashton had a good half season culminating in a good performance against us in the F.A Cup Final. He was a risk for West Ham and would be a risk now if we bought him. I prefer Crouch, but thats my preference.

Anelka  -  We should never of let him go but that was GH doing and we got Diouf!!  However I would not of bought him from Fenerbache for 8m, he is scoring a few goals now for Bolton, but how long did it take him to get going? He is a sulking bastard and imagine him in the dressing room after our bad start? He would be off in January. Also 8m for a 28 year old is bad business IMO.

Bullard  - I like Bullard, for Wigan but in our team? Xabi, Momo and Gerrard are all a lot better than Jimmy. He is a mid table player thats all.

Also your list of "players that got away" woulld off left our team in a worse state than it is now.

BULLARD  - OUT FOR THE SEASON

ASHTON  -  OUT FOR 6 Months.

Very bad injuries for both players and what a waste that would of been. Like I said Hindsight is a wonderful virtue.

Here's the reality check:

We do not have a divine right to be top of the table very year. Our supporters are very demanding due to our history and rightly so but Chelsea, Tottenham, Man Utd, Arsenal all have more spending ability when it comes to transfers. Rafa has done very well with what he has had to spend.

GH left this club in tatters. It was in a reallly bad way and Rafa came in and steadied the ship. His tactics are responseable for our amazing home form and our recent trophy haul. He is one of the best managers in Europe and he will bring more trophies to Liverpool Football Club.

Were still in the hunt for 3 trophies this year so to cast the season off as a right off is absurd. The Carling Cup is 3 rounds away. Our defence of the F.A Cup starts in a few weeks and the Champions League dream is still very much alive.

We need to all get behind the team. The players are trying and so is Rafa. He loves this club and we love him. We need to show our continued support for our Spanish manager. The next 2 games are very hard games. Spurs away and Bolton at home are games that could shape our season and its vital we get the right results.

Oh and Momo Sissoko is by far a better player than Jimmy FUUKING Bullard!!!

Thats all

Rafa-Dodd
Last edited by Rafa D on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:19 am

The_Rock wrote:Have to say i hate stu.....don't like him at all...... But most of the times he does make valid points when talking about football.

1)Anelka is a better striker than all the strikers we have now. I actually wanted us to sign Anelka instead of Kujt (who i think is just a good player....to a top striker chelsea or manure will sign). I know it is too early to judge kujt but i really hope he does not become another eric meijer...ie...a striker who does all the donkey work...but doesn't score enuff. In the end, all strikers are judged by the number of goals they score...

As for Ashton... Not sure about him. He has been injured a lot. So  can't really judge him. But u don't have to be a really good player to be better than crouch. Crouch was supposed to be our target man. But he can't head the ball with power to save his own life. Mido of tottenham does a better job as a target-man than crouch ever will. If crouch can't head the ball, then wats the use of having him here ? I mean bellamy and kujt can strike the ball better than him....They are more mobile...They have more pace....

2)Jimmy Bullard is a great player... He was the player controlling the whole wigan midfield last season. He is a better all round player than sissoko..thats for sure. Sissoko's got the physical attributes in his favour. He can run non-stop for 90 mins...but bullard can actually pass/cross the ball. He can score goals. He is good in tracking back (when he plays RW). He can also play anchor man. Fullham got him for 3 million.... That's a steal.....

3)Gonzales - Can't believe rafa hyped him up so much.... Very disappointed with gonzales the most this season. He is just like riise with more pace..tat's it. He can't dribble....He can't get past opposition players. The less said about him the better.

4)Pennant - Pennant has to be one of the most techincally sound players in this league...But there is something wrong with him mentally. He just refuses to impose himself in the game. He tries to get rid the ball as soon as he receives it. He does not like to run at opposition defenders (even though he is good at it). He puts in decent crosses which players like morientes and fowler (even hyppia) will bury it. He has all the attributes to be a great player..but if he doesn't really wanna make use of his skills....then what can i say ? Its like driving a mitsbushi evo on 1st gear throughout your journey.....

5)Bellamy - I actually think this is one of rafa's best signing. I have totally been impressed with him. He is a fast footballer with brains. If he had a competant striker partner....We would have an awesome front-line. Bellamy creates lots of chances for his teammates directly and indirectly (by moving defenders away  and thus creating space for his team-mates). A fit Owen will score loads of goals with this guy.

All-in-all...i think this season is a write-off ( i have already prepared mentally).  So whenever we lose or draw home hames against sh1tty opposition...i don't really lose my temper like last season. Hope rafa gets it right next season.

BTW, i think we might be able to win the league cup if we get past arsenal.... :D

Have to say you dont know the fella Rock!

I stopped reading when i seen the 1st line! :no
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:31 am

Sound post Rafa lad... :)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:59 am

Fact is most people wont read stus rants as he has all the compassion of a f*ckwit on speed. Hes a self opinionated twit when it comes to football. Yes he makes some points.

but how long would anelka last at our club before wanting to move on/ We cant afford to have our wallets emptied again. One day stu will work out that there is more to football nowadays than just ability. Tehres politics, money, and as i said before..teamwork.

Having a go at peter and callnig him a kid or whatever is just insulting.

the bullard statement is justy another way for stu to try to attempt to show everyone how clever he is...yay stu, well done u clever so and so ???

Ashton is class, that cant be disputed, but hes gone now, and we got pennant. Whatever Rafa saw in him hasnt been seen by the rest of us yet. Rafa has made some bad desicions this season, who hasnt? but his ability to pick the right players is a cut above the rest.

I think that stu or whever hes calling himself now just likes to proove himself right, he will never admit he made a mistake if you ask me. and thats why most people wont even read the good hings he has to say.

rafa dodd on the other hand has said things well, politely and in a decent manner, so i read his piece, and agreed on the most part with all of it.

Anmd to think we wanted ronny banned but this guy who started this topic can spew absolute verbal sh!t all day
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:16 am

dawson99 wrote:Fact is most people wont read stus rants as he has all the compassion of a f*ckwit on speed. Hes a self opinionated twit when it comes to football. Yes he makes some points.

but how long would anelka last at our club before wanting to move on/ We cant afford to have our wallets emptied again. One day stu will work out that there is more to football nowadays than just ability. Tehres politics, money, and as i said before..teamwork.

Having a go at peter and callnig him a kid or whatever is just insulting.

the bullard statement is justy another way for stu to try to attempt to show everyone how clever he is...yay stu, well done u clever so and so ???

Ashton is class, that cant be disputed, but hes gone now, and we got pennant. Whatever Rafa saw in him hasnt been seen by the rest of us yet. Rafa has made some bad desicions this season, who hasnt? but his ability to pick the right players is a cut above the rest.

I think that stu or whever hes calling himself now just likes to proove himself right, he will never admit he made a mistake if you ask me. and thats why most people wont even read the good hings he has to say.

rafa dodd on the other hand has said things well, politely and in a decent manner, so i read his piece, and agreed on the most part with all of it.

Anmd to think we wanted ronny banned but this guy who started this topic can spew absolute verbal sh!t all day

I agree!!

Stu's sound but he thinks he knows everything.......wrong.He is the most unversatile...unflexabile person i have ever not met but know cause of internet!!

Knows his footy like but at times he's soooooooooo wrong and can't see it..i wanna killl him!!

Talked on MSN though and he's a great fella...just dont talk footy with him! :D
66-1120597113

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:57 am

STR_18+5 wrote:Firstly before any numbnutz says is this a Rafa out thread no it :censored: is not. The mans a living legend and I love him to peices for whats he's done so far. He's also tactically extremely clever and potentially a world class manager...

Ashton         Anelka
              Alonso         Bullard   

Reina

Nice post  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion