THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Wed May 09, 2007 8:51 am

TAGGART - pmsl :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed May 09, 2007 9:38 am

AC MILAN hardman Gennaro Gattuso has vowed to show Steven Gerrard he is more pitbull than kitten.

Liverpool skipper Gerro dismissed the threat of the Italian midfielder in his autobiography, saying he was as ‘scary as a kitten’.

But ex-Rangers ace Gattuso now plans to bite back when the teams meet in the Champions League final in Athens on May 23.

He said: “I don’t believe Gerrard really said those things. But if he did, I can only reply I don’t feel like a kitten but like a pitbull.”

Gattuso, 29, is still haunted by the memory of Istanbul two years ago when Milan blew a three-goal lead and lost on penalties.

And he has revealed he needed a series of early nights to banish the nightmare which ruined his summer holiday.

He added: “I will never forget that final. I’ve seen it at least four times.

“That summer I went on vacation with Paolo Maldini and Massimo Ambrosini.

“It was terrible and we never went to bed later than 10 o’clock.”

Milan have proved the doubters wrong all season after a points deduction — and Gattuso is convinced they can do so again in Athens.

He revealed boss Carlo Ancelotti was ready to write off their Champions League hopes at the start of the season.

Gattuso said: “No one believed we’d reach the final, not even our coach.”
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Marcus » Wed May 09, 2007 9:45 am

@ barca murph

last time we did that it got us in the greatest scandal we have seen and a relegation.
conquistate voi una stella in più
a brillar per noi...
Marcus

Postby zarababe » Wed May 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Gattuso, 29, is still haunted by the memory of Istanbul ... he has revealed he needed a series of early nights to banish the nightmare which ruined his summer holiday.

He added: “I will never forget that final. I’ve seen it at least four times.

“That summer I went on vacation with Paolo Maldini and Massimo Ambrosini.

“It was terrible and we never went to bed later than 10 o’clock.”

:D  :laugh: looks like this Meelan side has been psychologically damaged :D

BTW Liverpool's players are on bonuses of £100,000 each if they win the final !
Last edited by zarababe on Wed May 09, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed May 09, 2007 5:38 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:The Full article

As lio's pointed out - What a cheeky bast.ard!!

The only reason Fergies worried is because Rafa COULD do what United have acheived only twice in their 100 year history - in the space of 3 years.

Fergie - Bitter manc bas.tard!!

you better believe it... 

you cheeky bastrd  toast your lovely bottle of wine to our sucsess...   :glare:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 09, 2007 8:07 pm

Liverpool are going off to a training camp in Spain again. I just hope golf and Kareoke are not on their list of activities this time! I am never sure whether its a good idea or not. Shankly and Paisley always used to try to keep the players routine as similar to normal as possible. I know times change but I wonder if it doesnt just add to the stress of playing in a cup final. It worked against Barca even with all the probs so maybe its for the best.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm

s@int wrote:Liverpool are going off to a training camp in Spain again. I just hope golf and Kareoke are not on their list of activities this time! I am never sure whether its a good idea or not. Shankly and Paisley always used to try to keep the players routine as similar to normal as possible. I know times change but I wonder if it doesnt just add to the stress of playing in a cup final. It worked against Barca even with all the probs so maybe its for the best.

It worked albeit with huge risk against Barca but I think this time will be to get away from the monotony of Melwood, maybe it will help accustomising to the climate of Athens aswell?

I don't know what the weather is like in Spain at this time? Sabre?

I just hope Madrid don't try to tap up Rafa or any of our players while they're out there! And definitely no crazy Karaoke/golf antics!

p.s. who gives a feck what Fergie says  :sleep
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 10, 2007 1:28 am

I think the training camp should be in Greece to match the climate the lads will face in Athens.
Milan are big favourites, and their players are much more used to the hot conditions we'll face in the final than our lads. I just hope that we can overcome that and win it.

I'm like a hypochondriac workaholic currently being used a a guinea pig for the World's most aggressive viral diseases, whilst trying to finish building a bridge against-the-clock that is the only hope for thousands of children fleeing a war-torn country.

In a nutshell, you could say I was tense. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 10, 2007 1:35 am

mate as far as i am aware ,milan is not in a hot part of italy, its generally cold there and raining
112-1077774096

Postby Effes » Thu May 10, 2007 3:05 am

Still cant believe we're back in a European Cup Final again, already.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 10, 2007 7:29 am

The European Cup Final should of been the end of the season finale, something for the fans to look forward to. Instead its leaving a very bitter taste. :(
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 10, 2007 7:52 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I think the training camp should be in Greece to match the climate the lads will face in Athens.
Milan are big favourites, and their players are much more used to the hot conditions we'll face in the final than our lads. I just hope that we can overcome that and win it.

I'm like a hypochondriac workaholic currently being used a a guinea pig for the World's most aggressive viral diseases, whilst trying to finish building a bridge against-the-clock that is the only hope for thousands of children fleeing a war-torn country.

In a nutshell, you could say I was tense. :D

Yes you bloody are, don't worry we'll have lots of Italiano fans soon here and you'll be able to shake some of it  :;):

In the meantime, some Sabreina for you to calm, mate!:

* Despite the north coast is rainy, in Spain there's a lot of places of the east with mediterraneal weather, the same in Greece. (Bad Bob knows a lot about those map things, ask him)

* The last time they went concentrated will be remembered for the golf club incident, but IIRC, when we came back from it, Riise and Bellamy had great games and we joined some wins in a row

* So it seems the let's be together in a hotel thingy works, don't ask why or what they do inside, and Rafa knows good places to do this, so let them concentrate there so that they pick momentum again.

Don't worry Lando! if you are still tense, pick the threads of Barceona and Chelsea draws, first pages, see how nervous we were, then go to the last page, see how wrong we were.

:nod
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 10, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu May 10, 2007 12:01 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:The European Cup Final should of been the end of the season finale, something for the fans to look forward to. Instead its leaving a very bitter taste. :(

:lookaround

Have I missed something - it is the biggest match in Europe - lets enjoy it!

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:39 pm

zarababe wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:The European Cup Final should of been the end of the season finale, something for the fans to look forward to. Instead its leaving a very bitter taste. :(

Ticket fuk up?

Surely you can't of missed it?  :laugh:
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu May 10, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu May 10, 2007 12:57 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Ticket fuk up?

Surely you can't of missed it?  :laugh:

:D lol is that what he's goin on about  :D

Lets face it Scott - 17,000 tickets this was bound to happen, don't know if this is how the club dealt with this last time - but en-mass I have suggested elsewhere people should complain to the club perhaps even to the new owners re: the club's redistribution of tickets

Lets not however deflect from the occassion  :)

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion