THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:26 pm

I know exactly where you're coming from Jonny. Two years ago in the build up I was struggling not to get too caried away with the thought that we would bring the trophy back cos we were playing AC MILAN for fooks sake. That is why after just 50 seconds of the final I felt like my world was strating to crumble only to get worse over the next 45 mins. Of course the rest is glorious history now but with all of the omens in the build up (the new Pope, Prince Chuck gettin married again & the biggest of all Ken & Deidre gettin married again  :D ) it was hard not to get carried away.

This time is a different story however. There aren't any of these omens to make us think that Yes it will be our year again. The thing is though I feel that it can most definately be our time again. I've felt that for a few months and the only time that faith waivered slightly was when Barca were pulled out of the hat for the 1st knock-out phase.

Whats different this time though? Well I think that we've had time to realise just how savvy Rafa is when it comes to european football. The team has aged and developed since 2005 and they've shown a real steel in europe this season again overcoming some very strong teams. Rafa hasn't failed to deliver a major piece of silverware in the past three seasons:

2004 - UEFA Cup *Valencia
2005 - OL' BIG EARS
2006 - FA Cup
2007 - #6 ?? ?? ??

If anyone does need any omens there aren't any quite as strong as two years ago but apart from the one Jonnymac has quoted above there are the following ones:-

* Playing AC Milan AGAIN
* Wearing Red AGAIN
* Same area of Europe AGAIN
* Match ball will have blue stars again**  :grinning:
* Ken & Deidre have split up so who knows, maybe they'll get a quickie divorce and get wed again in the next 2 weeks.  :laugh:

RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1178651236 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:00 pm

come on liverpool bring the triophy back home to berlin for me to sleep with. :)
82-1178651236

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue May 08, 2007 9:45 pm

:D  berlin
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Marcus » Tue May 08, 2007 11:07 pm

Don't get me wrong... I think you are a bit overconfident about the final. What are your rational (not fan) thoughts about the final really?
conquistate voi una stella in più
a brillar per noi...
Marcus

Postby Barca Murph » Tue May 08, 2007 11:23 pm

I'm wondering if you've bought the ref already.
Barca Murph

Postby Emerald Red » Tue May 08, 2007 11:24 pm

Marcus wrote:Don't get me wrong... I think you are a bit overconfident about the final. What are your rational (not fan) thoughts about the final really?

These are our rational thoughts on the final! Really! This isn't an Everton, Manchester United, or Arsenal forum you're on, mate! This is a Liverpool FC forum, and we expect.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:28 pm

Barca Murph wrote:I'm wondering if you've bought the ref already.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Marcus -  :rasp

In all seriousness I can see it being a close game and at most I can see the score being 1-1 or 2-1.
Should it go to penalties I think we'll have the upper hand as Reina's record is quite exceptional.
We're all talking our chances up at the moment but I bet come the week of the final the fans of both sides will both be strating to feel the nerves.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 08, 2007 11:28 pm

Marcus wrote:Don't get me wrong... I think you are a bit overconfident about the final. What are your rational (not fan) thoughts about the final really?

Well not that overconfident.

I see people worried about banners with 5 stars becoming obsolete, and there are issues as well about where to keep so many cups.

:)

In all seriousness I haven't seen overconfidence anywhere here. Sure, a lot euphoria as you could expect after winning a semifinal against an archrival. But I think everybody knows around here there are not easy CL finals whatsoever and that Milan AC made it to the final brilliantly.

Confidence in LFC's possibilities? absolutely, and deservedly, after all LFC has beaten Barcelona and Chelsea. Overconfidence? not that I can tell.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hishhish » Wed May 09, 2007 6:50 am

can someone tell me if the CL tickets out there are originals? I am interested in them but worried about a rip off!
hishhish

Postby lio » Wed May 09, 2007 7:33 am

This bloody old man, I'm absolutely certain of it ... Sour Grapes, Mad, Senile !

"I'd bet for sure that Milan will win the Champions League," Ferguson said in The Sun tabloid.

"I'm absolutely certain of it."

"I said to Carlo at the end of our semi-final that there is no way he can now not win this competition ... Carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine,"

... "But I immediately told him I would only drink his wine once I see him lifting the Champions Cup."

I mean for decades, he's earning his living on English soil and see where his heart is ??? ... WTF !

No, I'll not calling him 'Sir .. '
' :angry:
lio

Postby Rafa D » Wed May 09, 2007 8:20 am

The Full article

As lio's pointed out - What a cheeky bast.ard!!

The only reason Fergies worried is because Rafa COULD do what United have acheived only twice in their 100 year history - in the space of 3 years.

Fergie - Bitter manc bas.tard!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:22 am

the s*n     :no
112-1077774096

Postby supersub » Wed May 09, 2007 8:26 am

[quote="lio"]"I'd bet for sure that Milan will win the Champions League," Ferguson said in The Sun tabloid.

"I'm absolutely certain of it."

"I said to Carlo at the end of our semi-final that there is no way he can now not win this competition ... Carlo gave me a magnificent bottle of wine,"

... "But I immediately told him I would only drink his wine once I see him lifting the Champions Cup."

Looks like he won't be increasing the size of the blood orange on the front of his pickled face.
Last edited by supersub on Wed May 09, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed May 09, 2007 8:29 am

Rafa

The only reason Fergies worried is because Rafa COULD do what United have acheived only twice in their 100 year history - in the space of 3 years.

In this life you have opinions, and facts.

And that's a fact, Rafa is a match away of achieving what United did in 100 years in Europe.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 09, 2007 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 09, 2007 8:48 am

fergie said about milan:

Milan's second-leg victory over us was stupendous, fantastic and extraordinary

no fergie, your boys were just sh!t and couldnt handle the pressure.
Is he just saying that knowing it will fire us up more? nutty taggart looking mo-fo
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion