The case for martin o' neill

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ojnats » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:01 pm

Owzat can you tell me why MON gets mentioned, and is usually the bookies favourite any time a big job comes up in england.  You should be more worried that MON might not consider liverpool a big enough club to leave Celtic for.  In another season or 2 at the rate your lot are declining at,he might think Liverpool aren't worth ruining his reputation.  aka tottenham.
ojnats

Postby Owzat » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:08 am

ojnats wrote:Owzat can you tell me why MON gets mentioned, and is usually the bookies favourite any time a big job comes up in england.  You should be more worried that MON might not consider liverpool a big enough club to leave Celtic for.  In another season or 2 at the rate your lot are declining at,he might think Liverpool aren't worth ruining his reputation.  aka tottenham.

That's my point though, the media and as a direct knock on consequence, the fans, rave on about him for what :

2 second rate cups - 16 different teams have contested the last 11 finals, with 7 different teams winning it! If it were a strong competition the big teams would be fighting it out, manure have made only TWO finals

4 top ten finishes - sorry if I don't consider that significant enough to get excited, other teams have managed better, that is like manure's "record" of reaching consecutive QFs in the Champions League (on a very much smaller scale)

Success in Scotland - you're having a laugh. They probably like to draw comparisons with Fergie but there aren't any
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:51 pm

Martin O`Neill is the man for Liverpool.Only the blind,thick,or anebriated can ignore the fantastic job he has done with Celtic.Anyone remember them knocking Liverpool and Blackburn out of Europe last season?They beat bleedin Barcelona last week.They are a class team,any fool can see it.But no, lets ignore Celtic because they are Scottish so they must be sh.ite. Im beginning to wonder though if we have the ambition to tempt him to Anfield.We will probably end up with a Curbishley,Allardyce or Moyes.That is the summit of our ambition these days.We are a club who accepts fourth as a successful season.Why would O`Neill come to us?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:01 pm

O'Neil has one big thing going for him in my book............ He's NOT French !!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby staticstranger » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:O'Neil has one big thing going for him in my book............ He's NOT French !!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

There's nothing wrong with french players or french managers.  Take a look at Arsenal, you moron!  I can count at least ten french players I would love to have playing for LFC.
staticstranger

Postby JBG » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:32 pm

It looks like most people are in favour of O' Neill with Owzat leading the dissenters.

Anybody else got any other arguements whether O'Neill should or should not get the Liverpool job?

One good things about all of this is that at least now Liverpool fans are debating who should be our next manager, and not blindly following the boards decision like people did over Evans and Houllier.

I mean, there was very little debate in the 1990s about management appointments.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:33 pm

O'neill all the wat to the fields of anfield road. He's a god in present day managment learnt from one of the best in Cloughie no other real choice in my view.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:07 pm

I hear Cisse turned down Real Madrid twice because he wants to play for Houllier. That might sound good because Madrid are interested, but do we really want a striker who wants to play for Houllier and not for Liverpool FC? If Houllier survives long enough to sign Cisse, what will happen if Houllier leaves? Will we be stuck with a striker who doesn't really want to play for Liverpool? Sounds like the pair are as stupid as one another, I would never sign for Real before Liverpool as a supporter but surely anyone but a Liverpool supporter would.....
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:14 pm

that's what worries me about what cisse is playing. if his desire to play for us is so great then he should be happy whoever the manager is.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:18 pm

I think he added his concern that Houllier would not be manager next season. If he doesn't want to be a Liverpool player for the club then he should stay away, he would not be welcome
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:25 pm

all this talk about him supposedly turning down real madrid twice is due to the fact that he would have spent most of his time sat on the bench. it the price tag which concerns me. it's too much to pay for an unproven player. the guy hasn't played in a top european league for a start. i'd rather go for kluivert. he's available for 1.5m. yes that's right 1.5m!! he's scored a winning goal in a european cup final for gods sake.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:27 pm

Well hopefully Houllier will be gone in the summer and Cisse will stay in obscurity. I would not pay more than £7m for Cisse, reported prices are twice that. It isn't like he plays for one of the European giants, the price should reflect that
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:18 pm

GH doesn't seem to care how much it cost's for some players, proven or not. Look how much Heskey and Diouf cost!!! It seems to be a buy at any cost attitude.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:52 pm

I can see it happening now:

Houllier hangs onto his job next year and puts all his eggs in one basket by signing Cisse who fails: the straw that broke the camel's back.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ojnats » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:58 pm

I'll say it again guys you just can't knock what MON has done at Celtic and everywhere else.  Another year or 2 off the P!sh that you are producing and he wouldn't come near your team with a barge pole.  Owzat if MON went to liverpool and wasn't a success I'll do a lap of honour in my birthday suit at a Liverpool everton game :laugh:
ojnats

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion