The battle of old trafford - It's a must win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:45 pm

nothing to add to help lift the gloom im afraid. except maybe to ask..how long is left now, until someone adds a new entry in the football polls forum.... you know, the one with Rafa Benitez name on the heading, asking for the general concensus over his job?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:54 pm

peewee wrote:i just noticed this thread is called the battle of old trafford, maybe it should be changed to 'the roll over and give up at old trafford''

Nice one  :D
x

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:13 pm

Thehobo wrote:reina - not good enough for a title winning team

finnan - same as reina

carragher - this season hes been poor, hes had his two good seasons, now hes back to how he used to be, an average determined defender

hyypia - to slow now, in mind and body, agger please

riise - never thought he was good enough to be in a title winning team, many left backs are better than him

Gerrard - must be annoyed to be playing with so many average players

alonso - cant tacke, to static, doesnt run off the ball, sits and passes waywardly these days

sissoko - good, his heart is in the right place, he should stay and play holding role, alonso must go

gonzalez - lightening speed, was suprised he went off, he will be good

kuyt - good but he needs support

garcia - good at home, terrible away

This post sums up your utter lack of knowledge, you septic bubo.

Almost everyone on here has posted utter b*llocks due to anger, and I am absolutely p*ssed off that it's me AGAIN who has to dilute your concentrated bullsh*t.

Everyone seems to want to blame rotation and Rafa for todays shocking performance:

That's utter cr*p.

The team Rafa started with was the best available, and the substitutions were obviously an attempt to change things round.

Oh how you all p*ssed and whined about Pennant going to the left - but how would you have gone off had Gerrard been shipped out there?

Who would YOU have brought on, for whom, when and where?

If you want to chat sh*t - do it somewhere else. This is a discussion forum, not a f*cking dickhead's playground.

Our title bid may very well be over, but to blame Rafa for todays defeat is just plain b*llocks.

It is PATENTLY obvious that it's the PLAYERS who are letting the boss down, with a lack of application and effort.
Rotation doesn't come into it - they train together every single day. The team we played today has had plenty of time on the pitch together.

The stone-cold facts are, the following players are out of form and should be dropped for the good of the team:

Carragher,
Gerrard,
Pennant.

Drop those 3, with Pennant never setting foot on the field again, the useless pass-lazy b*stard, and we will see a sharp upturn in results.

Alonso isn't at the top of his game, but his unseen work is vital to the team - much more vital than some of you w*nkers realise.
Momo is Momo - he should play every game and concentrate more on his passing.

Hyypia - "slow in the mind" (Thehobo) - you're on f*cking drugs pal. He reads the game better than any other Premiership Centreback, and it's JC's f*cking inconsistancy which is leaving the big man exposed. Agger is a natural partner for Sami, NOT JC (despite us getting by when the two have played together - still struggling aerially), and so a few games on the sidelines for our Vice Captain would sort him out, I do believe.

Garcia is inconsistant at the best of times, so one game off isn't reason enough to drop him. He could well score a hat trick vs Villa, so I'm not worried about his form.

Kuyt has done absolutely nothing wrong, and is probably the only player we can't criticize at all throughout the season.

Crouch needs to realise that he couldn't outrun a plank of wood, and stop running straight into defenders. He is not Ronaldinho. Once he admits this, he will be fine.

Riise and the rest of the defence need to stop hitting long-balls. They don't work, they never have worked, and they never will work. This is not a Rafa tactic - pack it in right now you idle b*stards.

Finnan has been fine over the last couple of games, and is hopefully past his dodgy-streak.

Now, we come to the target of most jibes, aside from Rafa himself:

Reina.

The lad can't do right in some of you f*ckers' eyes, can he?

You should be ashamed of yourselves, you f*cking w*nkers.

He kept us in the b*stard game, you blind c*nts! He made at least 1 world-class save, and could not have been faulted at all for either goal, as it was Mr Carragher who f*cked up on both occasions.

If ANYONE says "he should have communicated better", I will personally hunt you down and stab you in the throat with a viciously sharpened cucumber.

Reina did absolutely NOTHING wrong today, and to suggest otherwise indicates a lack of brainpower.

Now stick that in your pipes and smoke it, you mardy b*stards.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thehobo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:42 pm

5 stars wrote:
Thehobo wrote:
5 stars wrote:
Thehobo wrote:evra over riise cause he is more mobile

Look Risse's goal against Chelsea in the Community Sheid.. you don't get much more mobile than thatt ffs..

you clueless ****

watch that goal again, he doesnt beat anyone

chelsea back off and back off, riise runs about 60 yards without beating anyone then shoots (which is certainly something he can do)

this goal was in a friendly

riise isnt mobile enough as an attacking left back

end of

No need for personal insults mate, it wasn't the best example ok, but i still don't agree about Evra being better than Risse... he play left wing in the run in to 2004-05 CL victory, so he is mobile in my book. U don't agree with me, i respect your opinion.

sorry

no need for the insult i agree

the spurs goal was brilliant (cause riise has a great shot) but i still dont believe he is good enough to be in a title winning team

good enough for a team finishing 4th for sure

i hope im proved wrong.

same with finnan.
Thehobo

Postby Thehobo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:44 pm

in all honesty who in our current squad is good enough to be in a title winning team?
Thehobo

Postby romliv » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:54 pm

i have no comment i am just sad for my favourite team
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:17 pm

Thehobo wrote:in all honesty who in our current squad is good enough to be in a title winning team?

Gerrard, Kuyt, Alonso, Momo, Carragher, Agger to name but a few  :glare:
66-1112520797

Postby royboylfc » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:07 am

2 0 sad 2 say we are playin 4 champs league now. all ure formations are wrong gerrard in the middle with crouch an kuyt up front we dont need a 5 man midfield should go 4 4 2 an attack the mancs they aint that good when under presure.:(
royboylfc

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:38 am

PabloAimar wrote:did anyone else see the wayne rooney interview on skysports before the kick off? ...when asked what ferguson has said to him prior to this match, he said "he's just told me to go out there and enjoy myself."

...stark contast to rafa putting gerrard on the right then the left then the right etc etc etc

Gerrard has played in the middle/right for quite a while now unchanged.

Have you run out of scapegoats?

Just face the fact that we got beaten and get over it......

People like you is where the scourge of stupidity stems from   :help
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:20 am

I remember back in 1989, we got beat 4-1 by West Ham in the Littlewoods Cup.

The sky didn't fall.

People should just chill out.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:32 am

I remember going watching Liverpool v Man U in 1969/70 and we lost 4-1 at home, but we fought to the end, and in our next match we played a good Burnley team away and we won 5-1. Lets hope this team can show similar charactor against Villa.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:07 am

Canbt blame the wing backs, or the players. On papaer we have the best team. its the tactics.

I disagree. I don't think the plan was wrong, but I think yesterday some of our players did a bad game.

Hyypia once again gambled some balls that created danger in our goal. Alonso hadn't his best game. Sissoko was poor, both passing the ball, both tackling, he could have been sent off. Not the best game of Gerrard neither.

I honestly though when the game started that our midfield with Alonso, Gerrard and Sissoko would be a better one than the Carrick, Scholes one, but it was sad to see that they dominated the midfield. Saha created many problems to our defenders.

It was hard to understand to see Gonzalez in the starting eleven. He lacked compenetration with his team mates, and still needs matches, IMHO it was a hard one to play after not playing lately. He can do much better than he did, especially in long range shots, in which he was unfortunate.

Manchester United won not because they have a better squad, but because they were more confident to win.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:13 am

very sad. I'm glad I've cancelled sky tv, dont think I can watch 'em again and as for getting to Anfield in the next 3 games - forget it.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crouchaldinho » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:56 am

Have to say, i was bitterly disappointed with the result yesterday. It looks as though confidence in our camp is extremely low - i havent seen liverpool play that poorly against United for as long as i can remember. The passing from pretty much everyone seemed lazy (for want of a better word), and for me, it didnt look like there was commitment there from our boys.

I disagree with a lot of the rants posted on here though, i find it hard to believe that a number of you (who were probably all rubbing your hands together before the season started thinking this might be our year) are suddenly slating some of our best players, saying they arent good enough, lets ont forget that Reina, Riise, Sami and Finnan broke records last season for clean sheets - i bet you werent telling people they werent good enough then, were you?

I do think that there is a lack of commitment tto the cause at the moment though. i mean, if the players cant motivate themselves for a game against united at old trafford, when CAN they? What happened to the team with the spirit to come back from 3-0 down to win the CL? or come back from behind TWICE against West Ham last season?
crouchaldinho

Postby puroresu » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:01 am

Aston Villa are not the best opponents for a side struggling for form.  I honestly will not be surprised if we get beat or only draw the game.

We outnumbered Utd’s centre midfield 3 to 2 yet we still couldn’t dominate possession.  Reason being while systems and tactics are important if you cannot pass and move intelligently u generally will struggle.  Our passing this season has been atrocious.  There is no pass and move.  Its pass, pass then lose possession. 

Utd didn’t even have Ronaldo yesterday but still dominated our midfield.  I didn’t think Carrick was any good yesterday but the underrated Fletcher played well.  I tried telling Utd fans when he was getting stick to have faith as the kid has plenty of ability.

We really need to find someone who can pick up the ball and run at players at the heart of defences.  We had Barnes, had Mcmanaman but not much else since.

Sinama Pongelle scored again yesterday by the way.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion