The battle of old trafford - It's a must win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:42 pm

1st 30 Minutes well 1st half we played good in my opinion. We was lucky to go down. But after we kicked off the second half we was utter sh!t didnt deserve to win or even get a point. Rafael Benitez has Got the tactics wrong he needs to hold his hands up and say it was his fault. Gonzales unless he was injured should never had been brought off. Gerrard should have started in the central midfeild or atleast the support striker for kuyt. Garcia was Cr@p end off He is not good enough for liverpool fc and does not deserve to play for us.

Players ratings

Reina - 7 Done some good saves wasnt really his fault for none of the goals. But did make a mistake coming out to chase the ball which could have had a bad result

Finnan - 6 Looked tired was beaten to the ball by giggs most of the time but when he did get down the flanks offered some threat.

Carragher - 7 Defended quite well in the first half. Second half he looked a bit sloppy and bad defending for ferdinands goal but that could have been because he was injured.

Hyypia - 7 Same with carragher defended well in the 1st half but looked sloppy in the second half. Did do some great defending and shut down saha a few times.

Riise - 6 Started well but drifted off didnt see too much of him think it wasnt really his fault.

Gonzales - 7.5 Was our main threat 1st half excellent pace really showed neville his too old. Great cross for kuyts header. If he stayed on maybe a diffrent score line

Sissoko - 6 Looked poor today. Got a few miss timed tackle gave the ball away in crucial points looked sloppy.

Alonso - 6 Was his usual self his passes went AWOL didnt track back too much .

GERRARD - 7 Looked frusturated with the team at times he wanted to be the hero too much. Played well On the right but in these sort of games he needs to be played in the centre of midfeild. Although he went in to the centre a few times and we looked promosing.

Garcia - 4 Utter :censored: Did nothing with the ball tried too much fancy work. Looked sloppy. Really shouldnt be starting against man utd.

Kuyt - 7 What he could he do no support coming from garcia. Was helpless getting 2 men on him each time he got the ball. Did get a dew chances. And unlucky with his header.

Pennant - 5. When he came on didnt do much. Didnt really notice any thing good bout his game today.

Crouch - 6 As soon as he got on the pitch he got involved he wanted to play and the timing he came on was too late.

Team effort 6/7

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Aaron » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:46 pm

January Transfer Window: New right-back
                                    New Centre Back
                                    New keeper

Hopefully Kewell will be fit soon. He done excellent last season, hope when he gets back he produces the same form.

Lucas Neill, a good CB and a decent keeper wud be three players we need
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:48 pm

s@int wrote:Thats Gerrards excuse sorted !now we just need to find an excuse for the other 10 players.

i got one........NO F**KIN' BALLS!!!!!!!!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:49 pm

s@int wrote:Question:
Whats wrong this season ?

Answer:

1. No fighting spirit, passion, heart or belief.

2. someone needs to tell them 1-0 down does not mean the games over

3. if your going to rotate ... rest the players who are playing badly (difficult after this match!)

4. try using the right tactics

5. try scoring first in away games (its worked in the past!)

I'LL SECOND DAT......
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:51 pm

DCFC wrote:Hopefully Kewell will be fit soon. He done excellent last season, hope when he gets back he produces the same form.

Gonzales was one of our best players today. So No need to be needing Kewell back although it will be good to get him back

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:58 pm

DCFC wrote:January Transfer Window: New right-back
                                    New Centre Back
                                    New keeper

Hopefully Kewell will be fit soon. He done excellent last season, hope when he gets back he produces the same form.

hey mate  we dont need another c/back  we have daniel agger,  right back maybe,  new keeper ? tbh  reina is all over the place at the moment  he is the biggest worry in the whole team  some of the balls he tries to punch honestly  its scary   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby floppo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:01 pm

Don't agree that Gonzales played well today, he produced one good cross for Kuyt's header and that was it - but how is he or any player suposed to perform well without a decent run of consecutive games in the starting XI.

As for player ratings, I can't see how any player merited more than 6 out of 10 today.

The worse thing was we didn't even chase the game after going behind, we just rolled over and died! :angry:
floppo

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:05 pm

i just noticed this thread is called the battle of old trafford, maybe it should be changed to 'the roll over and give up at old trafford''
112-1077774096

Postby weringo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:07 pm

How can you give almost all our players 6s and 7s? They were all utter :censored: except carra and hyypia. In the whole game gonzales produced one good cross and that was it, is that really worth a 7.5?

Also, we're 100-1 to win the title now, I think its safe to say its over
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:08 pm

matrix wrote:
                                    New Centre Back
                                    New keeper

hey mate  we dont need another c/back  we have daniel agger,  right back maybe,  new keeper ? tbh  reina is all over the place at the moment  he is the biggest worry in the whole team  some of the balls he tries to punch honestly  its scary   ???

tbh i dont think we'll find better keepers than the ones we have for the amount of money we have to spend when our priorities would obviously be a right-back, and maybe a defensive midfielder to replace hamman as zenden is utter :censored: and maybe another winger.

reina was fine last year, a run of 11 clean sheets, and noone was calling for his head - he's just going through a bad patch at the moment when his confidence is low - we still have the option of dudek (i know not the best replacement) but then there's Carsen and Kirkland too.

To buy an international-class keeper will cost more than we can afford at the moment
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:09 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:
DCFC wrote:Hopefully Kewell will be fit soon. He done excellent last season, hope when he gets back he produces the same form.

Gonzales was one of our best players today. So No need to be needing Kewell back although it will be good to get him back

Gonzalez has been very dissapointing since he came, if a bit of pace and one good cross in one game is enough to convince some then it sums us up in a nutshell, a fit Kewell would keep Gonzalez out anyday.

P.s Luis Garcia should never start another game for Liverpool, benchwarmer at best.
RedRoots

Postby 5 stars » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:09 pm

I would like to see Riise play left wing, he looked good against Blackburn and today the few times he advanced forward he looked good... A midfield of Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso, Riise would be better..
5 stars

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:18 pm

A couple of tactical points which will no doubt get totally lost in the fallout are that IMHO there is no problem with Gerrard playing right mid. The thing is, it MUST be in a midfield four because if he is in a midfield five like he was today, then naturally the central areas become conjested and he is under much more pressure to stay out wide and give the team width. This in turn makes it much harder to get him in the game which is exactly what happened today.

Secondly, and I don't know whether this is a tactical adjustment or just that he's not playing so well, but Sissoko is hunting the ball much less in areas further up the pitch than he was last season. Then he was prepared to back himself to regain the ground if the oposition passed it around him, whereas now he seems to me to be be trying to play as a second holding midfileder. The problem is that in so doing we have lost one of our most productive areas of creating chances, and that unfortunately i don't think Momo's game reading and distributional abilities are really up to the more withdrawn role. His asset is his boundless energy and athleticism and it seems to me that we aren't currently using it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:20 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
matrix wrote:
                                    New Centre Back
                                    New keeper

tbh i dont think we'll find better keepers than the ones we have for the amount of money we have to spend when our priorities would obviously be a right-back, and maybe a defensive midfielder to replace hamman as zenden is utter :censored: and maybe another winger.

reina was fine last year, a run of 11 clean sheets, and noone was calling for his head - he's just going through a bad patch at the moment when his confidence is low - we still have the option of dudek (i know not the best replacement) but then there's Carsen and Kirkland too.

To buy an international-class keeper will cost more than we can afford at the moment

agreed  mate about reina   im not saying buy another keeper  im just saying he is struggling at the moment  the rotation is not helping him thats for sure...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Nothing much to say that hasn't already been said...in a way its a relief that i don't have to cling on to the hope that maybe we can pull it back and win the title this season, now just have to make sure we finish top 4...

:censored: sake.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion