The battle of old trafford - It's a must win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Question:
Whats wrong this season ?

Answer:

1. Reina, not good enough !
2. Finnan, too small and not quick enough !
3. Sami, slowing up, but still a class act.
4. Three into two won't go in central midfield, Gerrard needs to be given a steady berth.
5. We need to find a striking partnership, none has emerged yet from our four lad's.
6. The new wingers, Pennant and Gonzo' are yet to make an impact.
7. The team have not yet come to terms with rotation and zonal marking.

Apart from that everything else is ok, the tea is stronger this year in the Centenary Stand and the meat and potato pies seem to have more meat in them, so all is not lost.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:51 pm

Question:

Answer:

1. No fighting spirit, passion, heart or belief.

2. someone needs to tell them 1-0 down does not mean the games over

3. if your going to rotate ... rest the players who are playing badly (difficult after this match!)

4. try using the right tactics

5. try scoring first in away games (its worked in the past!)
account deleted by request

Postby floppo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:59 pm

Gutted with today's performance, was honestly one of the worst Liverpool performances I have ever seen. No drive, no energy, no nothing.

Garcia was so bad its beyond belief, but then again I can't say that anyone played well today. It's been said many times earlier, but we must have a settled team. Rafa has gotta decide on an eleven and stick with the same team bar injuries for 4/5 games and see how that goes.

The title is gone and at the moment we don't look capable of finishing in Champions League positions. Really really poor today, our away form seems to be back to the season before last when we were awful away from home.

In a word - Gutted!
floppo

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:04 pm

Redrider wrote:Question:

Gerrard is not carrying the team like last year. Without his goals we are always chasing the game which is leaving us under pressure at the back.

Without scoring first a counter attacking teams will always have trouble.

If it is true that he is having personal problems that would explain his lack of form this season. He did not seem right today and I hope he becomes the fantastic player we had last season sooner rather than later as we really need him.

Other players need to put their hands as today was awful.

On a positive note in nine matches we have played Chelsea, Utd, Bolton and Everton away (all of which we lost). After Arsenal (in about three weeks) theoretically all difficult games will be finished and we can avenge those defeats.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:08 pm

kazza wrote:On a positive note in nine matches we have played Chelsea, Utd, Bolton and Everton away (all of which we lost). After Arsenal (in about three weeks) theoretically all difficult games will be finished and we can avenge those defeats.

sorry kazza but i dont see that as a positive, we would have had to play these games at some point, our results in these games have basically put us out the title race before the end of october. i feel every away game this sason will be a struggle while we continue with these tactics. i think the buck stops at rafas door. of course some players have let him down, but i think its his tactics and changes that has left the players without purpose
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Finnan has been one of the few things that has worked for me. we have a lot of probs, too many to list at the moment. need a clearer head for this.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:13 pm

peewee wrote:
kazza wrote:On a positive note in nine matches we have played Chelsea, Utd, Bolton and Everton away (all of which we lost). After Arsenal (in about three weeks) theoretically all difficult games will be finished and we can avenge those defeats.

sorry kazza but i dont see that as a positive, we would have had to play these games at some point, our results in these games have basically put us out the title race before the end of october. i feel every away game this sason will be a struggle while we continue with these tactics. i think the buck stops at rafas door. of course some players have let him down, but i think its his tactics and changes that has left the players without purpose

i know you are joking saint but i also know people will be on here soon saying 'ok, but all of our away games have been difficult games, none have been easy, we can still do it, we looked great, we were the better team blah blah blah'

Didnt take long to prove you right peewee
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:19 pm

s@int wrote:
peewee wrote:

Didnt take long to prove you right peewee

yeah, look at the timings on my post in the other thread and this one     :D
112-1077774096

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:20 pm

peewee wrote:

sorry kazza but i dont see that as a positive

Well maybe positive was too strong a word  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 pm

well what a sack of sh*t that was :(  i can't remember the last time i saw liverpool put in such a spineless performance, no direction, no fire, nothing. too many balls given away needlessly, more nerves from reina, gerrard just couldn't be bothered, garcia needs a size 9 up his @rse

i knew it was gonna be cr@p the minute i saw kuyt was on his own up front - we've NEVER succeeded with one up front, it's a load of sh*te    :angry:

in fact we were that sh*t not even the man utd trolls have can be bothered coming on here to wind us up. says it all  :(

and it's sunday and it's raining :(  i'm gonna get p*ssed now
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Woollyback wrote: :angry:

in fact we were that sh*t not even the man utd trolls have can be bothered coming on here to wind us up. says it all  :(

That says it all
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:30 pm

Woollyback wrote:well what a sack of sh*t that was :(  i can't remember the last time i saw liverpool put in such a spineless performance, no direction, no fire, nothing. too many balls given away needlessly, more nerves from reina, gerrard just couldn't be bothered, garcia needs a size 9 up his @rse

i knew it was gonna be cr@p the minute i saw kuyt was on his own up front - we've NEVER succeeded with one up front, it's a load of sh*te    :angry:

and it's sunday and it's raining :(  i'm gonna get p*ssed now

Sad to say Woolie but that just about sums it up mate  :(

Postby Lee2k6 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:30 pm

sorry haven't read the past pages, just got home from town, i really wanna be positive but i gotta agree with the whole 'out of the race' comments now, better just concentrate on the Champions League an actually gettin in to it next year.

:no  :veryangry  :no
Lee2k6

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:37 pm

Most of the teams in this league have improved a lot (blackburn, portsmouth, bolton, fulham, aston villa). So i don't think it will be automatic 3 points when we play these teams (even if we are at home).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:42 pm

we made manure look good today... forget just blaming the players  rafa takes all the blame for me  he picks the team  why drop crouch for important premiership games away from home   you really have to play a 4/4/2  in the premiership these days... why does rafa think about defence first...rafa had a system today it was lets stop manure from scoring...  manure must of laughed there heads off when they saw that line up   felt sorry for kuyt as a lone striker... the big question is steven gerrard  what position do you play him  honestly the lad is not happy on the right wing...today he was a total waste on that wing...changes to our team you better believe it...the problem for gerrard is that knowbody else plays the right wing as good as gerrard...pennant has done ok but not good enough... the truth is we are paying the price for not buying daniel alves  ???     no doubt about it rafa has work to do,   and does he  bring gerrard into the  middle of the park !!!  thats the burning question   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion