The battle of old trafford - It's a must win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:39 pm

peewee wrote:
sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:
peewee wrote:
sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:
peewee wrote:
sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:Im just glad some of you lot dont support a team that has lost EVERY gamr this season..
I would hate to imagine what you would do
x

ah the folly of youth

Folly? 
yes folly, dont they teach you anything in skool

:D

Nope  :D

What does it mean?  :)

the folly of youth just means that as a youngster you show less wisdom in your actions than an older person. you have more freedom and less responsibility and sometimes a younsgters comments or actions when they make a mistake can be attributed to the folly of youth

basically a folly is a silly error

I didnt mean to make a silly error  :D
And i am full of wisdom.. the name Sophie means wisdom  :;):
x

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:40 pm

It may premature and im sure some of you will give me an earfull but after today I think out priorities have now changed for the season.

We now need to aim for a good run in the Champions league and make sure we finish in the top 4.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:40 pm

sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:
peewee wrote:
sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:
peewee wrote:
sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:
peewee wrote:
sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:Im just glad some of you lot dont support a team that has lost EVERY gamr this season..
I would hate to imagine what you would do
x

ah the folly of youth

Folly? 
yes folly, dont they teach you anything in skool

Nope  :D

What does it mean?  :)

the folly of youth just means that as a youngster you show less wisdom in your actions than an older person. you have more freedom and less responsibility and sometimes a younsgters comments or actions when they make a mistake can be attributed to the folly of youth

basically a folly is a silly error

I didnt mean to make a silly error  :D
And i am full of wisdom.. the name Sophie means wisdom  :;):
x

i wont tell you what the name peewee means

x   :D
112-1077774096

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:42 pm

lets get 22 balls 4 d players shall we ...they seemed 2 hav lost theirs  :angry:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:44 pm

Who would want Alves now?  I said at the time we should of paid te going rate and signed him.  Yet we went for the cheaper option in Pennant and he aint good enough for Liverpool just as he wasnt good enough for Arsenal.
puroresu

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:45 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
s@int wrote:ffs!!! I am fkn p1ssed off.

As we all are Saint.

But who's going calm Ciggy down   :;):

I think you mean who's going to CUT her down. She will be hanging from the nearest tree by now !
account deleted by request

Postby JohnBull » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:45 pm

If you haven't heard what's up with Gerrard then you don't live in Liverpool so you will not understand !
The rotation system works well enough in Spain and I really hoped that Raffa would have realised by now that it is different here. Players need to know that it is THEIR position and only in emergency or total loss of form is it given to anyone else.
The incoming player them knows that it is THEIR chance to show that they can do it. We are carrying too much baggage at the moment and I would have expected Raffa to have sorted it by now.

He is looking a bit under pressure at the moment and is showing self-doubt for the first time. Soon spreads through the team.

I stopped posting here after getting pyssed off over the fiasco in Japan when ridiculous team changes lost us a easy World Team Cup win. Things haven't changed much !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Peewee..
I dont know what that means actually :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:49 pm

puroresu wrote:Its a joke.  Where are all those saying in Rafa we trust.  He got it all wrong once again and Im sick of the excuses.  Our title campaign is over, we have no chance in the CL so lets all look forward to the FA and Carling cup.  Great.

Remember last season when many thought our lack of potency up front was due to Cisse and Morenties.  Well people neither of them are around anymore yet we still aint scoring goals or ever actually look dangerous.  Put Henry in the side and he would struggle.  Our attacking play is poor, and has no real quality.  We struggle to string 5 passes together and the service to the front men is abyssmal at times.  Arsenal went to Old Trafford needing to win and outplayed Utd even without Henry.  They went 1 up but it wasnt negative.  We went to Old Trafford needing to win and Rafa decided to put out a side trying not to get beat.  People might not want to admit it but our style of football compared to Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea is a joke.  We are way behind!!! Why does Rafa keep making these subs at the 50 min mark, whats the point.  Im so damn frustrated.  All those that thought the draw away to Sheff UTD was ok, what do u think now.

Another thing, Rafa's record against the big 3 is shocking.

i agree with the fact we can"t string any passes together!! but on a day like today i just can"t accept any excuses! forget rotation for one moment, the whole team today should be playing for there place in the side!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:53 pm

Look at wat "houllier version 2006" has to say.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153852061022-1542.htm

RAFA: FIRST GOAL WAS THE DIFFERENCE

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez reflected on Sunday's Premiership defeat to Manchester United and concluded that his side had been undone by their failure to claim the game's first goal. 
Goals in either half from Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand condemned the Reds to a 2-0 defeat and Benitez pointed to Scholes' opener as the turning point.

He said, "It's clear it was a very disappointing day for us. I think we started the game well and created a couple of chances, but if you score first it can change things and we are not doing that at the moment.

"The players worked really hard, but when they scored the second goal it then became difficult for us to create chances. They are a very good team with a lot of quality.

"I know we are 11 points behind, but you can things by working harder and doing the things we were doing well last season." 

- again he mentions that we create chances   ???  Give me a break rafa ...... Every team which plays football creates chances. The point is we have to create goal-scoring chances.  This season, quite a few of our league goals has been long shots. Why ? Its simple. We ain't playing as a team.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:54 pm

I wouldnt say its a shock we lost today.  Our form has been awful and yes that includes wednesday where even though we beat a poor side we didnt play well again.  Season over by October, how depressing.  Can someone at Melwood please tell Carragher and Hyppia this is football and not rugby.  Long ball, long ball, long ball.  Its pathetic.
puroresu

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:55 pm

Rotation policy should be put to bed.  I think it better that the players fight for their places which in turn will make them hungary.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:55 pm

JohnBull wrote:If you haven't heard what's up with Gerrard then you don't live in Liverpool so you will not understand !
The rotation system works well enough in Spain and I really hoped that Raffa would have realised by now that it is different here. Players need to know that it is THEIR position and only in emergency or total loss of form is it given to anyone else.
The incoming player them knows that it is THEIR chance to show that they can do it. We are carrying too much baggage at the moment and I would have expected Raffa to have sorted it by now.

He is looking a bit under pressure at the moment and is showing self-doubt for the first time. Soon spreads through the team.

I stopped posting here after getting pyssed off over the fiasco in Japan when ridiculous team changes lost us a easy World Team Cup win. Things haven't changed much !

well we dont all live in liverpool so tell us and we'll see if we understand  ???
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:55 pm

JohnBull wrote:If you haven't heard what's up with Gerrard then you don't live in Liverpool so you will not understand !

that is exactly what i said on page 13...

i think thats been our problem all season.

i think someone else made the point on here, but with the rotation system. it affects peoples mind-sets and there's no reason for them to play well, because they might not play for the next 3 games.

Crouch is the perfect example. scores in 4 out  of the  first 5 games he starts, comes off the bench and scores a couple. and he still starts on the bench. where is his passion gone... taken away by rotation. he can do everything right, score the winner in bordaux, and is then benched for a big game against utd.

its no good having fit players at the end of the season when everyone else is tired if we're too far behind to catch up

----
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:55 pm

So why don't you explain the reasons JB rather than leave everyone in the dark?  ???

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion