The Arsenal conundrum

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:00 pm

I'd take a score draw at the Emirates in the CL, a defeat in the league and then a win in the CL 2nd leg at Anfield.

Given our history however, I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them home and away in the CL and take a beating in the league game.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:00 pm

Champions league @ Emirates : win 2-0

League @ Emirates : Draw

Champions league @ Anfield : Lose 1-0

I'd rather we lost at home in the cl and still progress as a point in the league is vital and we still progress in the CL and maintain for 4th or maybe even 3rd spot
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:05 pm

sworth26 wrote:I think it has to be the following...

Champions League @ The Emirates 2nd April (Draw)

League game @ The Emirates 5th April (Lose)

Champions League @ Anfield 8th April (Win)

Yep, that's what I'd go for.  Arsenal would win the title instead of Manure and we would go to the SF.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:40 pm

I'd take the defeat in the away leg of the CL for sure (L1-2), draw there in the league and win the home leg 2-0. While it's about time we won at one of the top three in the league, I'd not want it at the expense of CL progress given our current league position.

And the much harder question, should we concentrate on the CL and if so when? Knowing that will make our final league position irrelevant, give us a trophy and upset bitters
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:48 pm

Owzat wrote:I'd take the defeat in the away leg of the CL for sure (L1-2), draw there in the league and win the home leg 2-0. While it's about time we won at one of the top three in the league, I'd not want it at the expense of CL progress given our current league position.

And the much harder question, should we concentrate on the CL and if so when? Knowing that will make our final league position irrelevant, give us a trophy and upset bitters

I think if we take max points from the mancs and everton then we'll be restin players in the league at arsenal. In that respect I'd go with a loss in a low scorin game, a draw in the the league game cuz i think they'd rest players if we beat utd and then blow them away at Anfield to get to the semis.

I can't see us winnin the league, thats a miracle too far, but the CL.....now that could be our baby.....
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'd rather Arsenal win the league than the scum, so:

CL Emirates - draw.

League - lose.

CL Anfield - Win.

I'd gift them 3 points if it meant stopping thta shower of sh*te wining the Prem.

:buttrock  me too
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:04 pm

Arsenal have the small matter of Chelsea away and then Bolton away before we play them, Chelsea are unbeaten in yonks at home and Bolton are capable of frustrating the goners. Whether that means they will be concentrating on the league game or turning their attentions firmly towards Europe is debatable. If only their trip to old toilet was in place of our trip to the Emirates.

And looking at the manc fixtures, they're playing three league games in a row at home that they'd normally win. Could be way ahead of the goners by the time we play them three times in a row
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:14 pm

Are any online bookies taking bets on Arsenal finishing 4th? Looking at their form and their fixture list, I think it's definitely good for a cheeky fiver.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:32 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Are any online bookies taking bets on Arsenal finishing 4th? Looking at their form and their fixture list, I think it's definitely good for a cheeky fiver.

I'd back them to win their last four games, Reading (h), Derby (a), bitters (h) and Sunderland (a) That would mean they'd have 79 points and we can manage 83 IF we win all our remaining games. See what odds you can get on them finishing third, maybe with Liverpool reaching the CL final and Chelski winning the league. That might get you a decent bet at decent odds
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 pm

If they lose to Chavski on sunday (basis current form and away at Chavski Bridge) it will only add to Arsenal´s inability to handle pressure forcing Venger to choose between CL or League.

The league game against us will become vital and might become their priority, especially if we can pip an away win down there in the CL first leg. We should go all guns blazing in the first game hoping they have to back off in favour of defending the league.

Its going to be fascinating but Chavski MUST win on sunday. !!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Reg wrote:If they lose to Chavski on sunday (basis current form and away at Chavski Bridge) it will only add to Arsenal´s inability to handle pressure forcing Venger to choose between CL or League.

The league game against us will become vital and might become their priority, especially if we can pip an away win down there in the CL first leg. We should go all guns blazing in the first game hoping they have to back off in favour of defending the league.

Its going to be fascinating but Chavski MUST win on sunday. !!

if arsenal loses it means the scums can extend their lead and liverpool will be further behind 3rd spot.
so i rather arsenal and liverpool win while chelsea and scums lose.
selfish but well...
why is it fascinating to see chelsea win?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RedBlood » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:11 pm

is this a joke?? i want us to win them all and believe we will
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Lets not dream we´ll win the league, better to focus on Arsenal´s weak spot - the fact they `can´ win it and see whether they will compromise their perfomance in the CL to defend their title chance, especially if they lose to Chavski. If we cant win the league then lets win the CL at least!

We dont necessarily has to play to our strength, we can focus on their weakness.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:35 pm

kop king wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Emirates cl = win 2-0

Emirates league = draw

Anfield cl = Lose 0-1.

You would prefer to win at the Emirates?

Much prefer to lose thier so there scummy fans think that they have won the game. Then they will hit a rollercoaster of 45,000 fans.

Anyone collected their tickets for the Arsenal game yet?

Bloody hell, sort that font color out.

So you'd prefer to lose in the first leg? Explain why. Having their fans think they are going to win is just a daft reason. I'd prefer to win there 2-0. Or even draw 2-2. Two away goals.

I'd go for:

CL 1st leg: win
League: lose
CL 2nd: draw
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

I want win, win, win. Pretty simple really. If we win all three, then we close the gap on them and go through in europe. I couldn't give a toss who wins the league if it's not us.

but for those who do care, Drogba's just put chelsea 1-0 up.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion