The All New ROY HODGSON THREAD - Official "appreciation" thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Press conference cancelled Roy will put his pre-match thoughts up on LFC.TV  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Ciggy wrote:Press conference cancelled Roy will put his pre-match thoughts up on LFC.TV  :no

Makes sense if hes not getting sacked immediately
Thommo's perm

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:Press conference cancelled Roy will put his pre-match thoughts up on LFC.TV  :no

so nobody can ask any questions.

This is all a bit strange now.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 pm

why is that a bad thing?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:it was posted on other forums last night that after meetings with the players they all backed him and he was staying.

Do they look like they back him? Do they play for him? The answer is a big fat, the proof is in the pudding, they dont like him or his methods only his buys will like him Konchesky and Poulson, Reina and Torres want to leave because of him !!!

and you can back this up with what exactly?

The feedback in the press is the squad like Roy, they respect him and feel he's the fall guy for the last manger and owners.

that's a FACT.

so because the media said so, you believe it's the truth?  :laugh:

grow up...  :glare:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:11 pm

maguskwt wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:it was posted on other forums last night that after meetings with the players they all backed him and he was staying.

Do they look like they back him? Do they play for him? The answer is a big fat, the proof is in the pudding, they dont like him or his methods only his buys will like him Konchesky and Poulson, Reina and Torres want to leave because of him !!!

and you can back this up with what exactly?

The feedback in the press is the squad like Roy, they respect him and feel he's the fall guy for the last manger and owners.

that's a FACT.

so because the media said so, you believe it's the truth?  :laugh:

grow up...  :glare:

err...no, becauase i AM a journalist and i believe what my friends in the indsutry tell me.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 pm

:no  I think the owners need to make it clear now as to what the heck is going on.

What will Roy say? nothing I can think off that will change the minds of the fans (most fans anyway) about his tactics/methods et al.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:

:no  I think the owners need to make it clear now as to what the heck is going on.

What will Roy say? nothing I can think off that will change the minds of the fans (most fans anyway) about his tactics/methods et al.

they're looking for a new manager. You want them to say that in public?  ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:

Mate, just want some clarity. Some reports say one thing whilst others say something else.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:

Mate, just want some clarity. Some reports say one thing whilst others say something else.

trust me, the fact they're saying nothing speaks louder than words.

Have pateince, they're trying to get the right guy.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:This is all a bit strange now.

Who has cancelled it? Roy? or LFC?

Tell you what if Rafa would have done this he would have been hung drawn and quartered he took them all on, on his own and english was not even his native language.

I hope this fella is not being given protection from LFC so they can put up with him for a while longer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm

whichisfair wrote:
BKrimmel wrote:Let's look at the situation from this angle: Following a loss in the final game of the 2003 American League Championship Series, the Boston Red Sox fired their manager Grady Little. If they can fire the manager after being one game from the World Series, Roy should be fired after this seasons performance. So we shall see.

This is exactly why there's a good chance Roy sticks around until the end of the season. In 2002 Grady Little was hired by the Red Sox. At the end of that season, a new young General Manager, Theo Epstein, aged 28, was appointed. This is a similar role to that of Damien Comolli at Liverpool. After one year with the inherited Grady Little, Epstein and NESV fired him, even after they missed out on a trip to the world series only by a home run in the 11th inning of game 7. What this means is that they planned to fire him at the end of the season, pretty much regardless of what happened. It had far less to do with under-performing than it did with the GM wanting to bring in a manager who shared his philosophy. By the way, that manager is still with the Red Sox, and has been for 7 full seasons, winning 2 world series championships in that time, making him the most successful manager in post-WWI club history.

What this tells me is that in our situation they brought Comolli in to run the show, and the call will probably be nearly 100% his. He will be told to think long term, and get a youngish manager who shares his philosophy, but there is a good chance that they are in no rush and will wait until the end of the season, even if they've already decided it's going to happen.

I think there's a lot of truth in what you are saying here.  Based on recent performances Roy deserves the sack and the only plausible reason it hasn't happened yet, as far as I can see, is that the owners want a long-term replacement rather than a caretaker and are prepared to hang fire until they get the right man lined up.  It's clearly a bit of a gamble, as some supporters are already starting to ask questions about their suitability based on their reluctance to sack Roy, but I think these guys are savvy sports businessmen and know that the greater risk is to get the wrong manager in again and further entrench the club as a mid-table outfit.  Let's be realistic here--selecting Roy's replacement is a massive decision that needs to be handled very carefully.  Firing him will be the easy part.  It's what follows that really matters.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

well lets face it cigs, the team have not worked for the last two managers, might be time to start to build a team that like playing for liverpool, for Torres has not acted like he likes being here for about 2 years now.

if they are going to sack him then sack him now so we can start to buils a winning team...as this team is to up to it.

wtf are you on about Lakes. They didn;t work under the last manager either? They won the European Cup under the last manager and came close to winning the league. How on earth can you compare 1 bad season with being 4 points of the bottom? Your deluded mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

so nobody can ask any questions.

This is all a bit strange now.

Maybe he will be sacked after the Utd game. He can't duck the press for too long.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:This is all a bit strange now.

Who has cancelled it? Roy? or LFC?

Tell you what if Rafa would have done this he would have been hung drawn and quartered he took them all on, on his own and english was not even his native language.

I hope this fella is not being given protection from LFC so they can put up with him for a while longer.

"Why do people keep bringing up Rafa...he's gone, get over it...blah, blah, blah..."  :p
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion