The All New ROY HODGSON THREAD - Official "appreciation" thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BKrimmel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:08 am

Let's look at the situation from this angle: Following a loss in the final game of the 2003 American League Championship Series, the Boston Red Sox fired their manager Grady Little. If they can fire the manager after being one game from the World Series, Roy should be fired after this seasons performance. So we shall see.
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:45 am

jono wrote:this smiley will do   :rasp

Yeah, for too many people. I have seen our debts cleared and people say "its not enough, I hope this deal falls through", I have seen people quote shankly and yet contradict the man himself, I have heard a chorus sung from a thousand voices and yet those same voices say the same as you, if they could be summed up in a smiley, that would be it.

:rasp
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whichisfair » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:06 am

BKrimmel wrote:Let's look at the situation from this angle: Following a loss in the final game of the 2003 American League Championship Series, the Boston Red Sox fired their manager Grady Little. If they can fire the manager after being one game from the World Series, Roy should be fired after this seasons performance. So we shall see.

This is exactly why there's a good chance Roy sticks around until the end of the season. In 2002 Grady Little was hired by the Red Sox. At the end of that season, a new young General Manager, Theo Epstein, aged 28, was appointed. This is a similar role to that of Damien Comolli at Liverpool. After one year with the inherited Grady Little, Epstein and NESV fired him, even after they missed out on a trip to the world series only by a home run in the 11th inning of game 7. What this means is that they planned to fire him at the end of the season, pretty much regardless of what happened. It had far less to do with under-performing than it did with the GM wanting to bring in a manager who shared his philosophy. By the way, that manager is still with the Red Sox, and has been for 7 full seasons, winning 2 world series championships in that time, making him the most successful manager in post-WWI club history.

What this tells me is that in our situation they brought Comolli in to run the show, and the call will probably be nearly 100% his. He will be told to think long term, and get a youngish manager who shares his philosophy, but there is a good chance that they are in no rush and will wait until the end of the season, even if they've already decided it's going to happen.
Last edited by whichisfair on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
whichisfair

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:04 am

Huh ? How can we compare baseball and soccer ? :angry:

He needs to go ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tonyeh » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am

Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Weallliveinaperrygrovesworld wrote:the whole of last week is a blur mate... didn't some gypsy looking mofo score a couple of goals?

Still 4 pts ahead but Rangers 2 games in hand...

my head STILL hurts :D

:laugh: Welcome back...... naff username though

I know, all I could remember until im back :D

Have you read the book Dawson?
tonyeh

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:28 am

7_Kewell wrote:well Nesv don't agree. They don't see our long term future with a guy who's been out of the game for 15 years.

compared to Roy , who has been hard at work for the last 35 :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am

what I've been told is that our players were fighting amongst themselves on the coach after the Blackburn game.......Roy has said his goodbyes to the players yesterday......Reina and Torres will leave because assurances they were given in the summer were well and truly dashed by the appointment of Roy Hodgson........

according to internal leaks at Anfield
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:46 am

supersub wrote:what I've been told is that our players were fighting amongst themselves on the coach after the Blackburn game.......Roy has said his goodbyes to the players yesterday......Reina and Torres will leave because assurances they were given in the summer were well and truly dashed by the appointment of Roy Hodgson........

Heard after the game he went in the changing room and said thanx a lot lads youve got me the sack in the morning.

Everyones to blame apart from him !!!

He didnt say one single word on that touchline, didnt give no instructions, nothing, zilch, nada just stood there rubbing his face, its a sad state of affairs tbh.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:49 am

whichisfair wrote:This is exactly why there's a good chance Roy sticks around until the end of the season.  there is a good chance that they are in no rush and will wait until the end of the season, even if they've already decided it's going to happen.

Thats all well and good but if Rome's burning, Ceasar wouldn't be saying "We cant rush into any hasty decisions"!!!

Have you seen us this season? We are four points from the relegation zone, every Liverpool fan has run out of patience with Roy unfortunalty we dont have any time on our side.  This needs sorting out immedialty who cares what Fleet Street or the LMA say about us whilst defending their beloved Roy? If he would have been given the England job they would have had him nailed to the cross already hypocrits.

I only care about my club and what is happening to us is humiliating and heart breaking, we didnt ask for this manager he was forced onto us and has been a complete and utter disaster since the day he arrived.
And he must be relieved of his duties TODAY !!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:04 am

Ciggy wrote:
whichisfair wrote:This is exactly why there's a good chance Roy sticks around until the end of the season.  there is a good chance that they are in no rush and will wait until the end of the season, even if they've already decided it's going to happen.

Thats all well and good but if Rome's burning, Ceasar wouldn't be saying "We cant rush into any hasty decisions"!!!

Nah... he's just escape to Egypt and philander with Cleopatra or something...  :D

on a serious note... agreed with your post.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:07 am

Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 am

Im disgusted at the media and several ex players showing their support to Roy!  We all know we're not in a title challenging position.  But this is just humiliating.  The players we have should not be just about hovering above relegation.  Previous managers like Rafa, Ged and Evans got sacked for a lot less.   He needs to go today to give us some hope going to OT.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 am

haha!   :D
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:16 am

Ciggy wrote:
supersub wrote:what I've been told is that our players were fighting amongst themselves on the coach after the Blackburn game.......Roy has said his goodbyes to the players yesterday......Reina and Torres will leave because assurances they were given in the summer were well and truly dashed by the appointment of Roy Hodgson........

Heard after the game he went in the changing room and said thanx a lot lads youve got me the sack in the morning.

Everyones to blame apart from him !!!

He didnt say one single word on that touchline, didnt give no instructions, nothing, zilch, nada just stood there rubbing his face, its a sad state of affairs tbh.

Jesus....players fighting with each other ? How did it get this bad ?  :(
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

I heard rumours the other day that there was fighting on the coach after the game.  Apparently Gerrard and Reina were acting like the managers of the club and Gerrard told Roy to shut his mouth. 

Didn't post though cos I have no idea if its remotely true or not.  :D
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion