Thats it? - No more signings from rb

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:24 pm

It seems that RB spending spree is short lived with the fact that rick parry saying he wont spend crazy and the fact RB only wants another central defender? With smicer injured and kewell injured surely they have got to get more midfielders, it jus makes sense with chumps like diao still there and diouf going the midfiled looks particularly weak, maybe hes seen enough in the youngsters like welsh partridge etc but who knows what the gr8 RB is thinking, i want to trust him but surely we are lacking in that department and im getting a bit concerned now. 1 thing seems to stick in my mind tho, y didnt the idiot rick parry accept steve morgans bid and the term spending crazy wouldnt even come into mind !
gerrard_steven

Postby mistyred » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:31 pm

Just wrote the same thing, What the hell are we going to do if the reports are true, i just hope that Raffa is that good.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:33 pm

god noes m8 i dont think tht squad at current is good enuff how noes hopefully raffa might have summink up his sleeve
gerrard_steven

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:44 pm

I think realistically Rafa or even the board don't believe they can win this year. So, without saying it publicly, I think they all accepted to spend a year to evaluate the team. So, next year should be more realistic for LFC to spend any big money. Rafa would not be stupid enough to promise the board we can win this year. His game plan should be next or the even to win the tiltle 2 years from now. Anyway, just hope we can reduce the gap and make improvement on last year position.:blues:
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:51 pm

Evaluate who? Cisse and Josemi, shorly Raffa has half an idea, If not what the hell is the board currently up to.
We need players now as we cannot keep hearing "it takes time" from Parry as it get's long winded and doesn't sound to convincing.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:57 pm

If this is all true then my fresh optimisum for the coming season has just been flushed down the loo.

What did Rafa say to Stevie G to convince him to stay, if it wasn't the promise of 3 world class players joining.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:00 pm

I think the board need to evaluate Rafa before opening the vault. ???
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:01 pm

prob was stay another year so the fans dont h8 you as they will understand y u left and chelski will offer more money 4 u when they dont win the lge and both parties get a better deal lol thats the only reason i can think of without the promise of quality players being signed lol
gerrard_steven

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:46 pm

Oops, i guess gerrard_steven only read part of my post above. Anyway, I think I should make myself clear again that I suspect the board would want to evaluate Rafa before signing any more big cheque lol.:p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:57 pm

You'd think we had just lost the league.. give the guy a chance.. LFC played so well against the Celts and there's new optimism amongst the ranks.. sadly this forum is so Bl**dy down on so much.. I'm serioulsy thinking of logging-off.. FOR GOOD :angry: :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:03 pm

To be honest i think were just lackin in the midfield, the goalkeepers look pretty sound and we have cover all over the defence 3 center halfs (sami,henchoz,carragher), 2 RB and 2 LB so no more defenders are badly needed there, but at the same time would love to sign Ayala. The forwards speak for themselves i think we have the best 4 young strikers in the league without a doubt. But midfield is were we need one maybe two more quality playmakers, someone along side Gerrard and maybe a right winger, ive said b4 id love to see ballack and rosicky play for Liverpool but they must be over priced for the reds at the moment, and thats the reason were seeing Biscan in center mid and Murphy on the right so that if we cant get the players we want know we know we have players capable of doin a job, and i know murphy and biscan dont have many fans but with the managers backin and the fans behind them we might just get somethin out of them we didnt know they had, as biscan has played well in his first to frendlies and murphy had a blinder the other night.
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:07 pm

Ayala has just been congratulating Ranieri on his latest additions to the Valencia squad and it sounds like he will be staying fully commited to them even if Benitez wanted to raid his old club.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:16 pm

Shame that, thought he was awesome last season and again in the copa america, Best CH in the world probably.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:18 pm

I believe LFC will do better this year than last. So, I don't see a big deal if they don't sign anymore player this season. I think we can't judge the talent we have based on last couple of years because GH simply did not know how to coach. But I think Rafa this year will push the right button and Biscan or the likes of Murphy would repay his dear coach with excellent performances match after match. So, let's all chill out and be a believer! :;):  LFC rock!!
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:23 pm

Agree, weve all heard the players ravein on about the new coach and his new trainin methods and i defo think we will see a 10% or 20% inprovement in are average players and there fitness improved as well the one touch fast flowin attackin was there for all to see and that is after just two friendlies in charge i expect a good season next year and a great and successful future over the comin years, just look at the guys record at Valencia without spendin much money,

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion