Ten million - Squid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tel » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:39 am

10m is not enough. David Moores should stop controlling the club like he is the only one that watches football games.

If he'd let some new money come into the club and stop obsessing about his controlling shares, we'd be bringing Ledley King north.

I want Ledley King more than anyone else to partner JC
tel

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:55 am

I agree with L-type.

I would hazard a guess that if the right players came along, we'd have around £40m in the kitty. We must have had at least £20m in the Summer we didn't spend. Add to that the Champions League win (the money wouldn't have reached us by then) and our little jaunt to Japan, and £40m looks about right to me.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:12 am

10m is not enough. David Moores should stop controlling the club like he is the only one that watches football games.

The newspaper article is b#llocks. 10m is not the amount, the club wouldn't give information just like that.

King is not as good as Hyypia is in the air, and because Carragher isn't either, the partnership would not work as well as Carra and Sami at the moment. We do need cover, but King would cost too much for just cover
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kid a » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:33 am

Like everyone else, I doubt this talk of only (heh! "Only". Said as if it's pocket change)  10 million to spend. And like Lando said, if the right players were to come along for a "decent" price - I'm quite sure there wouldn't be too much of a limit on funds. Not anything outrageous. But, if Joaguin was available for 12 and Ledley King for 8 - I doubt there would be a problem in funding their transfers if Rafa truly wanted these players. Just using that as an example...
Kid a

Postby tel » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:54 am

A.B. wrote:

The newspaper article is b#llocks. 10m is not the amount, the club wouldn't give information just like that.

King is not as good as Hyypia is in the air, and because Carragher isn't either, the partnership would not work as well as Carra and Sami at the moment. We do need cover, but King would cost too much for just cover

:censored:. You dont buy defenders based on just how well they head the ball. King has great positional play and great recovery speed. He is younger, faster and more capable of adjusting to different defensive tactics. Thats what you need in modern football.

Otherwise, we may as well play Crouch in defense if Hyppia gets injured
tel

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:20 am

10 million probably isn't that far wide of the mark tbh. If we sell Cisse and Dudek (who I both think will go), we're looking at something approaching 20 million in Jan, which is ample.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:51 am

i heard that rick parry said, he didnt want to do a houllier 2002 panic buy again and make the same mistakes as then, plus we have around 20mill to buy the right quality. Simao entered the equation again!! thats what i read.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:03 am

I think maybe 10 million is about right. I think we will struggle to get simao now after they have qualified for the knock-out stage. I also don't think we will sell Cisse because at this time of the year most of the best strikers around are cup-tied. I think we will probabley only buy a promising young CB and 10 should be enough to cover that.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:11 pm

The same papers a few months ago were saying we had 20M to spend. Its al just to excite us more.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:05 pm

i believe it will be 20 million
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:18 pm

To be honest with you its amazing what a difference a few weeks makes,in the middle of October there were loads of people saying we needed to get rid of half the team and needed about 5 players.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:25 pm

Everybody said that sell cisse .. but that's wrong move . I think he should not be sell .

number 1 : he scores goals
number 2 : he play better with PC .

Sell Nando, Dudek and CK. maybe we can get around 4m - 6m. That will be total 15m.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:25 pm

drummerphil wrote:To be honest with you its amazing what a difference a few weeks makes,in the middle of October there were loads of people saying we needed to get rid of half the team and needed about 5 players.

i never said that, i said garcia loses the ball, josemi was inept, and kewell was useless, thats only 3 players, not 5 phil
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:27 pm

it must have been me Alan that said 5 then....:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:30 pm

drummerphil wrote:it must have been me Alan that said 5 then....:laugh:

yeah, not so long ago that fathead drummerphil said get rid of all the team, now look at what he is saying  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion