Taxi for Torres - judas fecks off to chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Yeah cr@p, could'nt even score against Inter, had to rely on dead shot super Kuyt to save the day
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bittenByTheAnfieldBug » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:21 pm

Lee J wrote:
chrisrafman wrote:DAVID VILLA!!! how good would that be? him with torres? thats a premiership in the bag written all over it

or possibly 2 strikers falling over each other trying to score the goals.

could backfire,

You will have a chance to see them play together this summer.
bittenByTheAnfieldBug

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:25 pm

bittenByTheAnfieldBug wrote:
Lee J wrote:
chrisrafman wrote:DAVID VILLA!!! how good would that be? him with torres? thats a premiership in the bag written all over it

or possibly 2 strikers falling over each other trying to score the goals.

could backfire,

You will have a chance to see them play together this summer.

I will say that in Englands absence I will be supporting Spain this summer (I wonder why  :D ) but I cannot help feeling that Raul will be playing most of the time as it will be his swansong
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:52 pm

stmichael wrote:half of torres goals have been against boro and derby, and most of his other goals have been scored at anfield. i know he has 15 goals in total in the premiership, but apart from the chelsea game, they have all been against medicore teams.

get rid :angry:

:laugh:  :laugh:
club_Levis

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:26 pm

I wonder how E´eto would have fitted in if we´d bought him and how he would have responded to the pressure on and off teh field in teh past 3 months? Personally I dont think he would have fitted in with our poor performances and off-field politics and would be looking for a ove this summer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Boocity wrote:I would like to see Babel get an extended run alongside Torres

Will never happen under Benitez mate. I really can't see it. He wants his 2nd striker to play deeper.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:02 pm

stmichael wrote:half of torres goals have been against boro and derby, and most of his other goals have been scored at anfield. i know he has 15 goals in total in the premiership, but apart from the chelsea game, they have all been against medicore teams.

:D  :laugh:  :laugh:
ConnO'var

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Boocity wrote:I would like to see Babel get an extended run alongside Torres

Will never happen under Benitez mate. I really can't see it. He wants his 2nd striker to play deeper.

Its a pity, you have to wonder what he bought Babel for, he is wasted out on the left.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:38 pm

There's the knowledge of our milk monitors ladies and gents.

What an absoloute :censored:. I bet you thought Bob Paisley was lucky to win three european cups as well eh?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:48 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:

What an absoloute :censored:. I bet you thought Bob Paisley was lucky to win three european cups as well eh?

What are you on, is your brain unable to comprehend sarcasm and wit
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:50 pm

sarcasm 

1579, from L.L. sarcasmos, from Gk. sarkasmos "a sneer, jest, taunt, mockery," from sarkazein "to speak bitterly, sneer," lit. "to strip off the flesh," from sarx (gen. sarkos) "flesh," prop. "piece of meat," from PIE base *twerk- "to cut" (cf. Avestan thwares "to cut"). Sarcastic is from 1695. For nuances of usage, see humor.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:04 pm

What happened to that celebrated Scouse sense of humour? It was obviously sarcasm.  Or maybe he's on a wind-up just to fish people like you in?  It's so easy and so enjoyable, isn't that right?  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby nobybob » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Boocity wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
Ciggy wrote:So who would be an ideal partner for Torres?

Luis Fabiano, Aguero or David Villa.

Instead of looking to purchase another striker (i think lw/rw positions are more urgent) I would like to see Babel get an extended run alongside Torres

agreed
nobybob

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:49 pm

nobybob wrote:
Boocity wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
Ciggy wrote:So who would be an ideal partner for Torres?

Luis Fabiano, Aguero or David Villa.

Instead of looking to purchase another striker (i think lw/rw positions are more urgent) I would like to see Babel get an extended run alongside Torres

agreed

babel is :censored:...

j/k  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:15 pm

From .tv....

"You cannot score three goals in a game without the help of your manager and your team-mates so I would like to thank them," said Torres.

"The manager signed me for Liverpool so I am really grateful for that, and he also works with me all the time trying to improve me and make me a better player.

"I think my game has already improved and will continue to improve under Rafa Benitez. The most important thing is that the team is successful, that is the only thing that matters.

"If I score some goals that help us to win things then I will be very happy, but it is all about the team.

"I came here to win things because I have never won anything as a senior player. I won medals when I was an under-16 and an under-19 player but that was a long time ago.

"Hopefully we will win something this season but if that does not happen then next season.

"I have signed a six-year contract so I am here for a long time and if things go well hopefully I will be here for even longer.

"I have 21 goals this season and that pleases me because it is my best season yet but I am not thinking about scoring 30 because what makes me most happy is when the team wins, not when I score."

The striker also revealed how special the feeling was for him to complete his hat-trick in front of the Kop.

"That made it even more special for me because the Kop is such a special place and it means so much to everyone associated with Liverpool Football Club," added El Nino.

"The fans have been fantastic with me since I first came to the club and I would like to thank them because their support has been a big help.

"Now everyone at the club has to focus on trying to finish in the top four so the win against Middlesbrough was a very important result for us."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion