Taxi for Torres - judas fecks off to chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby f9Torres » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:55 am

Fernando Torres lolololololo Fernando Torres lolololololo...
f9Torres

Postby Raj_Xedos » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:04 am

Just bought a signed torres shirt from ebay.....and i cant wait to add it to my collection of

1) Maldini
2) Kaka
3) Ronaldinho
4) Maradona
5) Messi
6) Robbie Fowler
7) The whole Liverpool team
8) ...last but no mean least captain marvel.....Stevie Gerrard.

A great portfolio of shirts wouldnt you agree??
Raj_Xedos

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:12 am

Raj_Xedos wrote:Just bought a signed torres shirt from ebay.....and i cant wait to add it to my collection of

1) Maldini
2) Kaka
3) Ronaldinho
4) Maradona
5) Messi
6) Robbie Fowler
7) The whole Liverpool team
8) ...last but no mean least captain marvel.....Stevie Gerrard.

A great portfolio of shirts wouldnt you agree??

thats very impressive but have you got this fat :censored: shirt.

:D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:14 am

i am going to get torres to marrie my sister mumuhahahaha

Dont care if he got a partner already that can be sorted .  :devil:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:42 am

LFC should produce Fernando Torres action figures.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:20 am

I have nothing but lllooooovvveeee for the guy, llooooovveeeeee  :buttrock  :bowdown  :hearts
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:27 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:If we're going out to buy a "creative forward" it has to be a Zola/Cantona/Bergkamp/Dalglish type. One who'll chip in with 10/15 goals a season in all competitions, otherwise we'll be relying on Torres solely again for the goals from up front.

I think a player in the Robbie Fowler mould would benifit us a great deal as well. Someone who knows that their job is to stand on the penalty spot and as soon as they get a sniff at goal they put the ball in the back of the net.

That way we'd have for next season's forward line: Crouch for his height, creative forward, natural goal poacher, and Torres' pace. We'd have everything there and Benitez could rotate them all day to suit the style of play we'd be playing on a particular day.

Who's available and what can we afford?

If we're given 20 million (just for forwards) then from England (because I don't know the european game all that well) I'd take Benni McCarthy from Blackburn as the natural finisher, playing for a club like Blackburn means they can't afford to turn down a bid of around 5 million. He may not be the best around, but for a small amount like that he'll chip in with a fair few.

Creative wise I think Robbie Keane is the best realistic target, but might be expensive. Also with Spurs just winning the League Cup he might see that club going places under Ramos and may decide to stay. Saying that, he's a huge Liverpool fan and 15 million might be to good for Spurs to turn down. If we can't get him I've been impressed with Elano from Man City. Both would be pricey, but there as good as we can get from the Premieship IMO.

As for players from around the Europe, then I'm sure some of our more continental fans would be able to enlighten us.

Both would be rubbish buys TBH , benni this season has been cr@p and he's 30 already , i wouldn't one a player who can apply for retirment fund in the team , why not bring back Teddy sheringham then?? As for elano , can't really say i'm impressed with him , he's a bit inconsistent , never shows up against top sides and the real unsung hero for me this season for city would have to be martin petrov , worht every penny they paid for him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:53 am

Petrov has been playing all season as a left winger. We were discussing the creative second forward where Elano has played a fair bit this season. I'm not so sure about now, but certainly at the turn of the year Elano was City's top scorer. Plus if you want unsung heroes for City this season, look no further than former Liverpool man Didi Hamman. A man proving age is no object because he's getting better and better. He's performed so well this year, he's been offered a new contract at the club.

McCarthy is 30, so is Carragher next year so do we let him go? Kenny Dalglish was 38 when he won the league and the fa cup double. He even scored on the final day against Chelsea. I'm not for one minute comparing McCarthy to Kenny, but the truth is age doesn't really matter. McCarthy is a decent realistic target for the fox in the box type of forward. There's no point sitting here and kid ourselves that in the summer we're going to sign Villa and Eto'o along with Kaka, Ronaldinho and Lahm. We have to look realistically, and with my knowledge of football outside being minimal at best, I'm speaking purely as a fan of English football. McCarthy would be a better option to have coming off the bench (not first choice) but off the bench that Kuyt/Voronin.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby maguskwt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:27 am

there is no doub that torres is an exceptional player... but I'm afraid that to find a compatible striking partner for him and at the same time to prevent any aspect of his game from diminishing will be very difficult... Torres is not your conventional target man, he is also not a fox in the box and he is also not a creative playmaker... it is quite difficult to categorise him in all those 'traditional' roles... instead he can head the ball well, he can finish well, he is capable of clever flicks, he has phenomenal pace and if he continues to develop he will be a very complete striker IMO.... so now... if we get a fox in a box like nistelrooy or owen, then the team would have to focus their resources on supplying him the last ball and torres' opportunities will be lessened... so too a target man... we've often seen when crouch comes in and plants his position inside the box torres often becomes a secondary player... where as if we get a very good creative striker who focuses on supplying assists to torres then we are yet again in the danger of become a one-man-finisher-team... what I would like to see is another very good all-rounded player in the mould of ibrahimovic or berbatov... who can assist, who can score, who can head but slightly more oriented towards creativity and assists... that would be an awesome partnership for torres... the twin terror approach...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chrisrafman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:18 am

DAVID VILLA!!! how good would that be? him with torres? thats a premiership in the bag written all over it
The devil on the badge represents the equality of manchester united with satan and his many demoish minions downstairs. just like the many twisted devil worshipers accross the world it means you have to posess the same sick minded mentality to follow that pathetic excuse for a football team.
chrisrafman

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:23 am

His stats are incredible.

All Competitions
No. of Games scored vs No. of appearances = 0.45 (almost 1 every 2 matches)
No. of Goals scored vs No. of appearances = 0.68 (better than 1 in every 2 matches)

Premiership
No. of Games scored vs No. of appearances = 0.48 (almost 1 every 2 matches)
No. of Goals scored vs No. of appearances = 0.65 (better than 1 in every 2 matches)

Champions League
No. of Games scored vs No. of appearances = 0.33 (1 every 3 matches)
No. of Goals scored vs No. of appearances = 0.50 (1 in every 2 matches)

I don't care who you are but for a foreign striker bedding into his 1st season in the Premiership, those stats are WORLD CLASS. And he's how old again? 23 going on 24? Absolutely brilliant. And all this in a squad without a quality partner. I shudder to think what he could have accomplished with a proper foil upfront and the opportunity to forge a partnership on a consistent basis.

The one thing that some may have held as a minor hitch is the quality of the opposition he scores against.

1. Chelsea
2. Derby
3. Reading
4. Tottenham
5. Fulham
6. Porto
7. Bolton
8. Marseille
9. Porstmouth
10. Derby
11. Wigan
12. Middlesborough
13. Sunderland
14. Middlesborough

May have a point but the only teams of real quality he's faced (IMHO of couse) are
1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3. Arsenal
4. Porto
5. Inter Milan

And hes's scored against 2 of 'em..... That's a 40% goal scoring rate..... That's astounding if you think about it.

Glad he's ours and long may he stay. All we need now is to find a right proper partner for him. Tevez, Diego or Aguero anyone?

:D
ConnO'var

Postby club_Levis » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:25 am

Ciggy wrote:So who would be an ideal partner for Torres?

Luis Fabiano, Aguero or David Villa.
club_Levis

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:19 am

chrisrafman wrote:DAVID VILLA!!! how good would that be? him with torres? thats a premiership in the bag written all over it

or possibly 2 strikers falling over each other trying to score the goals.

could backfire,
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:21 pm

club_Levis wrote:
Ciggy wrote:So who would be an ideal partner for Torres?

Luis Fabiano, Aguero or David Villa.

Instead of looking to purchase another striker (i think lw/rw positions are more urgent) I would like to see Babel get an extended run alongside Torres
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:07 pm

half of torres goals have been against boro and derby, and most of his other goals have been scored at anfield. i know he has 15 goals in total in the premiership, but apart from the chelsea game, they have all been against medicore teams.

get rid :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion