TAKEOVER COMPLETE - H & G Finally Jibbed!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:41 pm

I say lock it now.

My last comment on here: Adios Hicks..
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:53 pm

If folks dont want to post any more fair enough but there is still plenty of comments and information to be unearthed and recorded before this all dies away.
Last edited by Reg on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:05 pm

redsoxfan wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:All this joy and rapture worries me.
We are more overjoyed about who is NOT in charge of the club (G&H) rather than who IS in charge of the club. What, realistically, does any one of us know about the new owners ? Or if they are/were the best option ? Or what their plans, short- and long-term, for the club are ?

I cannot predict the future. But I've seen this group run the Red Sox for a decade, and they have done a tremendous job.

Positives:
-They are nice people
-Very smart
-Innovatively renovated Fenway Park,  and will likely do a thorough job with the future of Anfield or a new stadium
-Invest heavily in players, without spending foolishly in most cases
-They want to win
-Marketed the club in a million different ways, so expect an effort to push Liverpool globally
-Made the fan experience better at the park - they genuinely care about fans

Negatives
-Are not afraid of raising ticket prices to a high level, so expect that to come
-Currently know little about football, so pray they pick the right people to head the football operation. I'm sure they will eventually (they're very smart) but short-term they could stumble

Overall, they are excellent. Sleep well.  :buttrock

Redsox, is there a fan ownership element to the Boston red Sox?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsoxfan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Reg wrote:
redsoxfan wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:All this joy and rapture worries me.
We are more overjoyed about who is NOT in charge of the club (G&H) rather than who IS in charge of the club. What, realistically, does any one of us know about the new owners ? Or if they are/were the best option ? Or what their plans, short- and long-term, for the club are ?

I cannot predict the future. But I've seen this group run the Red Sox for a decade, and they have done a tremendous job.

Positives:
-They are nice people
-Very smart
-Innovatively renovated Fenway Park,  and will likely do a thorough job with the future of Anfield or a new stadium
-Invest heavily in players, without spending foolishly in most cases
-They want to win
-Marketed the club in a million different ways, so expect an effort to push Liverpool globally
-Made the fan experience better at the park - they genuinely care about fans

Negatives
-Are not afraid of raising ticket prices to a high level, so expect that to come
-Currently know little about football, so pray they pick the right people to head the football operation. I'm sure they will eventually (they're very smart) but short-term they could stumble

Overall, they are excellent. Sleep well.  :buttrock

Redsox, is there a fan ownership element to the Boston red Sox?

No. As a matter of fact, the only US fan ownership of any major team that I'm aware of is the Green Bay Packers NFL team. You can buy shares in some other clubs (like our Boston Celtics NBA team) but you do not have a say in any important matters. Only Green Bay has that.

As an American, I love the concept of fan ownership, but I'm surprised that so many Euros think it's feasible. If I bought a club worth hundreds of millions, the last thing I'd want is to share ownership of my club with fans who don't have the business acumen necessary to make proper decisions that risk my investment - no matter how much I love and respect those fans. Fans' hearts are in the right place but...

I think it's better and more stable to have the owners meet with organized fan groups and then take their thoughts seriously as plans are made.
redsoxfan

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Just as a heads up, folks--a fair few people have suggested this thread now be locked and it might bring a nice sense of closure to do so.  I think we'll probably look to do that sometime over the next couple of days.  Obviously there will be an interest in discussing our new owners and perhaps Ciggy's new thread is the place for that.  So, if you have any parting shots to get into this thread, the clock's ticking.  If you just want to discuss the new owners, have a visit HERE.:)

Yeah this can be closed now, thank God, at least it didnt break down like the Real World thread  :D

I will keep the link in the Forum Index because it will be good to look back over it
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Reg wrote:If folks dont want to post any more fair enough but there is still plenty of comments and information to be unearthed and recorded before this all dies away.

We'll definitely need a follow-up thread Reg, there'll be more coming from Hicks; that was probably the point of his ridiculous interview.

Anyways the takeover apparently is complete, 1200 pages later. Good bye and good riddance.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:21 pm

The one thread where you could call a cunt a cunt with little argument as to the pros and cons of why  :laugh:
To Tom Hicks and George Gillette ...someday when you are old and senile and your twisted brains are respectively addled you might  be able to sit back and laugh about getting your @ rses  kicked to the tune of 140 million ,but while it remains a nasty open wound  may I just add for Scouser's and Liverpool supporters worldwide .....Davy Crockett ,Red Adair ,Howard Hughes ,George W Bush ,Larry Hagman ,Buddy Holly .....your boys took a hell of a beating   

:laugh: :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:46 pm

yes lots more to say on this thread...it has legs, theres going to be another court case soon.
keep it onpen untiil after that.

anyway no need to lock it, sooner or later it will just drop off the page....when we start winning games again.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:52 pm

oh forgot to add that some guy from liverpool is working on a youtube film about the take over and the last few days, if he can get the money he might make it 60mins and then it will be sold as a dvd, if not, youtube.
its a comedy by the way.

from what i have heard he going to use posts from some forums that flash up on the screen a bit like all the presidents men film did, sound good idea to me.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:16 pm

lakes10 wrote:oh forgot to add that some guy from liverpool is working on a youtube film about the take over and the last few days, if he can get the money he might make it 60mins and then it will be sold as a dvd, if not, youtube.
its a comedy by the way.

from what i have heard he going to use posts from some forums that flash up on the screen a bit like all the presidents men film did, sound good idea to me.

it's a pity Norman Wisdom is dead, he could have played you! :laugh:
fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:25 pm

fergieisawhiskeynosedtw@t wrote:
lakes10 wrote:oh forgot to add that some guy from liverpool is working on a youtube film about the take over and the last few days, if he can get the money he might make it 60mins and then it will be sold as a dvd, if not, youtube.
its a comedy by the way.

it's a pity Norman Wisdom is dead, he could have played you! :laugh:

god i loved that guy, very sad, he meant a lot to me....no lie.

and as for you joke lol. i was thinking more of Tom Hanks lol

Jimi Mistry can pay Bav

Heather Graham can play Cigs

what about Nanny?
Last edited by lakes10 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:30 pm

lakes10 wrote:anyway no need to lock it, sooner or later it will just drop off the page....

Sure it will Lakes!  :wwww   Only way that happens is if we ban you.  :idea

(Just jokin'...  :D )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Robert Lindsay  can play igor lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:anyway no need to lock it, sooner or later it will just drop off the page....

Sure it will Lakes!  :wwww   Only way that happens is if we ban you.  :idea

(Just jokin'...  :D )

very true lol.....going to be a bit lost without this thread....sad but happy days lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 pm

The most satisfying case Ive ever won lets hear it for the one and only Lord Grabbo  :buttrock  :buttrock

Gerrin there lad

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport....n=Popup
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion