Woofs not a cockney
Your not a Yank

I am however a hunky Welshman

Oh and 3rd round exit HURTS
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
zarababe wrote::( the line-up was good enuff to beat this team... the players have failed ... and the manager must do some serious culling

Culling !!!! ARE YOU FKING SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was our youth our future !!!

STOP DENYING THAT RAFA UNDERESTIMATED  BURNLEY !!!

I'm not calling for Rafa's head ,I'm not even having a go at him !
I'm just pointing out that in his first season in the FA Cup he has learnt a lesson . As Andy Gray said (and I hate him) "If you don't respect the opposition ,they will bite you "
We showed no respect to Burnley with the side we fielded tonight and we paid for it .
Don't blame Djimi , he made a mistake , name one player who didn't .

true Woof.. but I was referring to ppl like Biscan... here...

..still think each player part of the LFC squad should be good enuff against Burnley .... mix exp with youth..

...not long ago many pppl were praising the Boss for giving the Young players a chance...

Any how lets see how the Boss takes the criticism after this
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:47 pm

Ade wrote:As for taking the CL more seriously than the FA Cup, where is this taking us - are we really happy to be locked year in year out into a cycle of finishing fourth, picking up some cash and no trophies, one or two new players, finishin 4th again, no trophies, but picking up our CL cash.

'This has to be our priority?'

yeah, right. And in 10 years time we can look back and see that we didn't win the FA Cup once, but we came fourth and got into the CL regularly and kept ourselves in touching distance of the big boys.

There has to be more to our ambition than this.

I understand what your sayin there and totally agree with you, but the truth is Houllier spent 120mill plus on absolute rubbish.
The managers before him didnt do much good either, its very hard for a Liverpool fan to take that we used to be the best now we are not even considered as the top 3.
I hate it I want us to succeed so bad like the rest of us and not become a laughing stock on living on our history, but money has ruined the game and until we get this sh#t load of players that are out on loan, off our books and some financial investment we are stuck with what we have.

We need a major cash investment otherwise its going to be settle for 4th and the CL money im afraid.
No one fears us anymore thats a problem and when your best players leave you or threaten too you know and realise we arnt that big anymore.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:48 pm

The Boss is trying to build a team fit to win the Champioship.. this was not his priority.. he has been open about that... touche
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:49 pm

What we need is more passion and commintment from the players.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:50 pm

taff wrote:I am however a hunky Welshman

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:  way to go taff :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:51 pm

:;):
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Ade wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Both players and manager are to "blame".

The manager played a reserve side and so took his chances, and the players choosen should still be good ebough to beat Burnley (though, just about), so both manager and players are both to blame.

Its as simple as that. Of course the manager has to be "blamed" as he picked a weakened side and took his chances. Unfortunately it backfired.

I'm not that worried, as we are in the latter stages of the CL and the League Cup, and have a fight on our hands for 4th place in the Premiership, so we couldn't really afford the cup run.

I'm not that bothered at all: the manager clearly sent out a message tonight that he cannot take the FA Cup seriously this season.

Agree with your first line JBG, but ultimately the responsibility, I think, lies with Rafa. He picked that team, and when you pick a makeshift side, with a lot of reserves and youth, the onus is on the manager more than the players - it's his team, he's giving them his faith, but they need direction - they ain't used to playing big games and few of them have played regularly with each other. They look to Hyypia and Rafa.

Tonight he wasn't just picking a lot of players who aren't yet ready – or in Djimi's case will never be ready – you're picking a team who don't have the extra gear that a TEAM has. Burnley had 11 players, we had 11 players, supposedly of higher quality. But they had a team, and in a Cup tie that can often win out.

As for taking the CL more seriously than the FA Cup, where is this taking us - are we really happy to be locked year in year out into a cycle of finishing fourth, picking up some cash and no trophies, one or two new players, finishin 4th again, no trophies, but picking up our CL cash.

yeah, right. And in 10 years time we can look back and see that we didn't win the FA Cup once, but we came fourth and got into the CL regularly and kept ourselves in touching distance of the big boys.

I know its frustrating Ade but unfortunately that is the situation: we are locked into that cycle. Of course the club has ambition, but it simply doesn't have the means to achieve that ambition, at least not at the moment.

There's no quick fix, all we can hope for is to keep rolling along in the league and the CL until such a time as Benitez (or for that matter, his successor) builds a "breakthrough" side like Arsene Wenger did in 1998. It aint gonna happen overnight and its far from guaranteed that it'll happen under Benitez, but unless we get a major windfall somewhere, thats the only strategy the club has available to it.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ade » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:53 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Ade wrote:As for taking the CL more seriously than the FA Cup, where is this taking us - are we really happy to be locked year in year out into a cycle of finishing fourth, picking up some cash and no trophies, one or two new players, finishin 4th again, no trophies, but picking up our CL cash.

I understand what your sayin there and totally agree with you, but the truth is Houllier spent 120mill plus on absolute rubbish.
The managers before him didnt do much good either, its very hard for a Liverpool fan to take that we used to be the best now we are not even considered as the top 3.
I hate it I want us to succeed so bad like the rest of us and not become a laughing stock on living on our history, but money has ruined the game and until we get this sh#t load of players that are out on loan, off our books and some financial investment we are stuck with what we have.

We need a major cash investment otherwise its going to be settle for 4th and the CL money im afraid.
No one fears us anymore thats a problem and when your best players leave you or threaten too you know and realise we arnt that big anymore.

CGGA, I take your point about needing the money from the CL, and i think Rafa will spend it more wisely than Houllier. But we have to be competing for other trophies, other competitions that are about more than earning money - we need to be in it for the glory, for the hope. What the ****** is Gerrard gonna be thinking now, given that this was make or break season for him.

Also, we seem to be in a mindset that we can only qualify for the CL next year by competing with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the Mancs. That ain't the case - we can only come 4th now, realistically, and for that we're no longer up against those top 3, we're up against Boro, Everton, Spurs, Villa. Are we really saying we can't finish above that lot over the next four months and keep a Cup run going as well?
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:56 pm

We certainly couldn't go in all four competions without getting more players injured and I don't think Rafa was willing to take that chance. Plus the World Cup qualifiers will start soon again so that would really be too much. More risks of our players getting injured and that chance wasn't going to be taken by Benitez.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:57 pm

The only thing I can think of to argue against your oint is they havent got the champions league to compete in

Tonight we take on the chin but if we strengthen the squad and he does it next season I will be extremely unhappy
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:57 pm

Ade wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

CGGA, I take your point about needing the money from the CL, and i think Rafa will spend it more wisely than Houllier. But we have to be competing for other trophies, other competitions that are about more than earning money - we need to be in it for the glory, for the hope. What the ****** is Gerrard gonna be thinking now, given that this was make or break season for him.

Also, we seem to be in a mindset that we can only qualify for the CL next year by competing with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the Mancs. That ain't the case - we can only come 4th now, realistically, and for that we're no longer up against those top 3, we're up against Boro, Everton, Spurs, Villa. Are we really saying we can't finish above that lot over the next four months and keep a Cup run going as well?

With the squad, the injuries, and the luck we have - YES!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:08 am

We gave Houllier 5 years Rafas been here 5 months he wont even get half of what Houllier had to spend, Houlliers english was better than rafas, Its very difficult explaing to people what you want in a foriegn language weve all been abroad.
Ive lived abroad its the hardest thing in the world saying what you want and trying to mean it in another language, Rafa has uprooted his whole family, him and his mrs are totally obsessed with LFC if you read LeeJs topic on the shanks thing.

It is so hard going to another country, and becoming a manager of one of the best football teams in history, and trying to turn a football club into the best thing in europe, when one you dont have the cash. 2 you are left with deadwood. 3 they are not listening what you are telling them.

We shall see I duno anymore but I am certainly not as gutted as I was on saturday. That game wrenched my heart out loosing to the scum, but somehow I know I wont get that feeling again.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:55 am

Parry and Moores must act quick for rafas sake cos anymore like tonight and people will start to come down on him like a ton of bricks and as i said some time ago i wouldn't want that and people will always have a dig without giving them excuses.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:59 am

houllier got a lot of time and a lot of money, and i dont think this thime rafa will get the same amount of patience or money so he needs to act quick along with them ****** chairmen to get us going in the right direction

i hope people are patience with rafa
109-1105722616

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion