Swooping For Madrid's Cast-Offs - Who Would You Take?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Swooping for madrid's cast-offs - Who would you take?

Robben
32%
Van Nistelrooy
6%
Sneijder
26%
Van Der Vaart
15%
Huntelaar
11%
Drenthe
1%
Saviola
3%
Heguain
5%
Heinze
No votes
Other
1%

Total votes : 100

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:35 pm

So, Real Madrid have spent massively, with no signs of stopping, and that can only mean that they will be looking to sell players who aren't doing the business or who no longer fit the new galactico image.  Yet, a quick look at their roster reveals a number of quality players (half the Dutch national team, for a start) who could make very useful additions to our squad...perhaps at an affordable price.  So, who would you like to see us move for this summer and what kind of prices might some of these players reasonably move for?  Are there any steals to be had at the impending Bernabeu carboot sale?  ???

-----------Edit------------

Of course the poll only lets you choose one but we can discuss the merits of multiple players in the thread too.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Richj » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Def Robben, He played such a big part in Chelsea winning the league and could do for us.
Don't like the player but he could help us a lot.
Richj

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Doubt theyd be wanting to sell Robben(maybe), Higuain or Huntelaar...

1- I'd love to see Robben here... probably the best natural winger in the game today if Ronaldo is considered more a forward than winger...
2- Van Nistelrooy... dont need to say any more about him do i.... done with the very best in an astonishingly consistent basis... was scoring buckets for Madrid until he got injured... perfect backup for Torres and would get quite a few games...
3- Van der Vaart.. no particular reason.. think he'd struggle with the pace and physicality of the english game but a joy to watch him live and if we can fit him in our system somehow he'd make a good little player to have.. Sneijder might cope better in this league and his freekick abilities would come in handy too but iv always like VDV more for some reason..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Yeah no way will they let Higuain leave. Sneijder though definatley. I think Robben would be good here but he is a bit injury prone.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Im the only one who voted for Sneijder?

Sneijder would be great if we sold Masch or Xabi.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:22 pm

I still can't get over how many top Dutch players they have in that side--any one of which stands a really good chance of doing the business in England (if they haven't already done so in the past) given how their compatriots have fared in the Premiership.  If Real are looking to offload any of these lads in haste, I think we should beg, borrow and steal to get our hands on one or a couple of them. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Definatley. We would probably have to use Alonso as bait though.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:44 pm

what i can't work out is how a team can have so many supposedly  "world class" players and still be classed as sh ite?

something does not compute

i voted robben btw
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:45 pm

bavlondon wrote:Definatley. We would probably have to use Alonso as bait though.

Not necessarily.  They'll have a bloated squad, a huge wage bill and a commitment to galactico razza-matazz.  In that context we could see how willing they are to offload some of these lads without bringing Alonso into the picture.  Something along the lines of, "we're not interested in selling Alonso but we'll give you 6 million to take Van Nistelrooy and Drenthe off your books.  How about 8 for Robben?" etc.  If they slap a huge price tag on these guys then we walk away and see if they're prepared to reconsider closer to deadline day.  They've played hardball with us in the past so we should do the same with them.  The key is not to count on these transfers in our summer planning because they would surely involve some protracted negotiations with a strong possibility of coming up empty.  But, if they get a little antsy to prune their squad, we might just land a bargain if we stay patient and hold our nerve.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:We would probably have to use Alonso as bait though.

exactly.

Would be ok with Gago + Sneijder for Xabi.
JoeTerp

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:50 pm

None of them wouldnt do any buisness with them :censored: atall, wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them after giving us Nunez they are trying to palm us off with two unknown players Negredo, and Alberto Bueno for Alonso.

They are ruthless b@stards in the transfer stakes though, once they identify a player they want it is very seldom that they do not get him.

They're fecking relentless, you need a player that tells them to p!ss off or they will just keep coming back, and back, a bit like GYBS replying to topics.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm not sure about Gago but you have probably seen more of him than me.

@badbob so your saying dont make any Madrid player a priority if we don't intend on letting go of Alonso? It's an idea but I think there are a lot of teams who might just target them as priority players hence paying the money they want. Im not sure how many more big signings Madrid can make but they were saying today that they have maybe 1 more big move left to make before they will have to rely on getting as much as they can for the players they want to flog.

I will get slated for this if but I would be more inclined to use Alonso and get more for our money that way. Maybe Sneijder and someone else.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Ciggy wrote:they will just keep coming back, and back, a bit like GYBS replying to topics.

Sorry that made me laugh.

Sadley she is right. However they seem intent on getting their men this year so I think it will come down to what Xabi wants to do. If he does want out we should look to get as much as we can for him. If not then....who knows.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Ciggy wrote:None of them wouldnt do any buisness with them :censored: atall, wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them after giving us Nunez they are trying to palm us off with two unknown players Negredo, and Alberto Bueno for Alonso.

They are ruthless b@stards in the transfer stakes though, once they identify a player they want it is very seldom that they do not get him.

They're fecking relentless, you need a player that tells them to p!ss off or they will just keep coming back, and back, a bit like GYBS replying to topics.

Ha, loved the last part  :D

I would have half of them if i am honest but if we keep our current squad i would add Robben first choice.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Robben if he is fit would be ideal, while Van Der vaart and Sneijder would add to the creativity of the squad , throw in Huntelaar and we would be well on our way.

I would take any of those 4 and maybe Gago if Alonso was part ex'd.
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion