Swapped - Defoe for bellamy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red_lass » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:24 pm

Three stars in, one out at Anfield
16:22 November, 27, 2006
According to reports, three stars will arrive in the transfer window but one will leave.

Mail The FansFC Editor
Send This Article To A Friend
Post Your View on The Msg Board

The transfer revolving door is set to hit full spin at Anfield in January with Jermain Defoe expected to be swapped for Craig Bellamy.

Samba sensation Cicinho could be joining from Real Madrid along with Livorno keeper Marco Amelia to make it triple transfer delight for the Reds.

here

:Oo:

Just saw this. I'm aware of Amelia speculation . But any truth to the swap deal?
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby Nando » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:49 pm

I have read speculation in the papers about the Bellamy for Defoe swap deal. I am a keen admirer of Defoe but I dont think his mentality would suit LFC. With us, you are part of a wider team, a family. There have been players in our history who havent been so great individually but have worked their socks off for the team and have great work ethics. Defoe is a class striker and for me has only 1 criticism. He is too greedy. All the top strikers have a certain greed about them to score goals but Selfishness isn't something we as a team and as a club put up with. There have been times when Defoe would shoot from the most awkard and impossible goalscoring positions rather than set his strike partner up. If Rafa can help him to work more for the team then he would be a great signing.

However, I dont want to see Bellamy being sold so soon. He had a great end to the season with Blackburn last term but hasnt produced the goods yet. Need I remind you that Peter Crouch was in the same situation last season. Bellamy has off the field problems with his court hearing which has mentally distracted him. I would rather wait until the end of the season to give him a bit more time to produce the kind of quality performances we know he can
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:55 pm

This story does sound like a lot of nonsense to me.

Except for this weekend, when has Defoe been setting the world on fire at Spurs? Has he actually been playing?

Crouch and Kuyt are playing well, and are therefore the preferred front two. This doesn't mean there isn't room for Belamy and Fowler in the squad as subs or as part of a rotation (due to injuries, need to rest players, suspension, etc.).

Bellamy is more talented than Defoe (IMHO).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:19 pm

Saw on Sky Sports News today that one paper is saying Fergie's lining up a 12m bid for Defoe....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:42 pm

same old........last season it was Kewell up for swapsies remember.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby kobashi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:45 pm

I hope not.  Wouldnt mind Bellamy going but I wouldnt want Defoe!  there a better strikers about..
kobashi

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:45 pm

HA Aaron Lennon then maybe Rafa will talk.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:38 pm

emmmmmmmm  lets see! i just think we need to back the welshman as he could become a gd player for us! he has been a gd player for everyone else but not us:( ???  so far
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby destro » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:04 pm

not a bad swop aslong as no extra money is included ( except for spurs to give us extra ):D imo defoe is a much better finisher than bellamy and being greedy is what being a striker is all about, they are based on goals not work rate despite rafa always praising crouch and kuyt for their over all play. i would be much more confident seeing defoe in a one on one than bellamy. saying all this tho i agree bellamy is worth giving a bit longer than the january window. but if its what rafa wants i wont be dissapointed. on a side note what are our chances of landing S.W.P all the talk i have heard is that chelski would never sell him or any other player to us ???  if hes going to make that much difference to one of their rivals teams than why does he not get to play, they have ruined one of the best young english players and i hope he gets back to his best where ever he ends up.
destro

Postby 67-1161385641 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:04 pm

Is it me or is has idle journalists who type out the same idle stories lost its amusement? It wasn’t long ago that there were stories coming out about a possible swap deal with Tottenham which as you know involved Harry Kewell going to White Hart Lane and Jermain Defoe coming to Anfield. Jermain is a decent player, nothing more, I certainly don’t want him at Anfield unless he comes on a free transfer, which he won’t because Tottenham will want more for Defoe than they did for Carrick, because Jermain has played more than two International matches and is over hyped by Charlie Nicholas.  I don’t like Jermain’s character, which I could put to one side if he was a good player, but he’s not, if he was he would be playing regular first team football at White Hart Lane with Martin Jol, but all he does is warm the bench. Bellamy isn’t going anywhere yet, Rafa gives his players  time, this is just pure speculation and quite frankly I’m fed up of the media and their pointless stories that they continue to mass produce to create a nation of dummies and judging by some responses to articles by the press here and elsewhere they are succeeding.
67-1161385641

Postby destro » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 pm

apologies,   i just saw the S.W.P thread.i hadnt looked for one before i posted. ive just got in from work and im tired, thats my excuse and im sticking to it  :blush:
destro

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:34 pm

I used to have a really high opinion of Defoe but he hasn't improved as I thought he would and the many Spurs fans I know all think that Berbatov and Keane are far superior players.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby penzance-on-the-kop » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:04 pm

Defoe is a great player, but i don't think we should swap him for bellamy. They are very similair players in my opinion and if we keep giving bellamy a chance to impress.... he will! :p
ImageImage
penzance-on-the-kop

Postby Smeg » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:06 pm

Defoe > Bellamy
Smeg

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:08 pm

Bellamy > Defoe

STFU, End Of.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.