Swapped - Defoe for bellamy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Defoe would probably score more goals for us than Bellamy, he's more a fox in the box. However, i'd rather we worked on how to get the best out of Bellamy then bin him after 6 months. He needs to be used away from home running behind an advancing defence line. At Anfield, at the moment he's ineffective with teams sitting back.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby crossy11 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:53 pm

Defoe is a good player but Bellamy needs to progress he's skills at Liverpool and get the chances to show the Manager, and he will do that. When he is on his high form, he is a great player. He played well for Wales, in there last game, so with that confidence he needs to build on it and show the Manager what he can do. Round it off, Bellamy infront of Defoe. :)
crossy11

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:21 am

Sorry and all, but anyone who thinks Defoe is better than Bellamy looks purely at the "goals scored" chart.

The Welshman is VASTLY superior to the Englishman. The gulf in technical ability is massive.

Craig just isn't getting the right service from us at the minute.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:36 am

Not likely. Rafa will give time to Bellamy to settle in. Unless something happened behind the scenes to make Rafa want to offload him. I think Bellamy has a lot to offer us, once he gets used to our system. Rafa always fancies someone with pace. Cisse had pace but no intelligence, hence in came Bellamy.
alxy

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:53 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Sorry and all, but anyone who thinks Defoe is better than Bellamy looks purely at the "goals scored" chart.

The Welshman is VASTLY superior to the Englishman. The gulf in technical ability is massive.

Craig just isn't getting the right service from us at the minute.

Well said Lando, Bellamy is a quality player has proven premiership experiance and has scored goals where ever he played. He will come good we are yet to seethe best of him. Give the lad a chance once he gets that goal we will be off scoring for fun, Liverpool just need to play him in the right way running onto through balls using his pace. He is a more talented player than defoe has much more to his game. plus he works his socks off for the team.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:03 am

Cicinho might not even be fit in january.  He got it a really bad knee injury and I cant see Real getting rid of him yet. However that would be a fantastic signing but where would the money come from.  I'm not a fan of Bellamy but Defoe is the most overrated striker around.

Isnt there some rumours that Villa want Bellamy.  o'neil is a huge fan and I know Bellamy loved working with him at celtic.
puroresu

Postby Rafa D » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:55 pm

I don't think this story has any evidence to back it up. It is purely a fabricated story the papers have decided to run because the transfer window is around the corner.

However my view on the matter is that I would prefer us to stick with Craig Bellamy for the foreseeable future. Bellamy is a Liverpool fan first and foremost. He would not want to move on, he was quite content at Blackburn and only moved because we were his boyhood club. It just has not happened for Craig yet, but it will. He is trying hard for the team and maybe a little too hard. He has not spat his dummy out for being left out, subbed, etc. He has been a model professional for this club so far and long may it continue. From what I have seen at the game, he is making a lot of right decisions with his runs and soon enough the players will learn how he moves. Our style of play is nothing like Bellamy has ever played with also. He has played direct, quick tempo, counter attacking football. We don't play that style of football here and he has to adapt to our methods as well.

I don't think Jermaine Defoe would be as accomadating as Craig Bellamy. I don't know what he is like personally, however he does seem to get his back up quite easy. I like him as a player but one moment sticks in my mind as to why I don't think he would fit in here. A game a few seasons ago, he ran the ball out of play by the corner flag and he did not get a foul and as he ran past the corner flag he removed it and dropped it to the ground and ran off. The ref told him to go put it back in, and he refused to do it even though there was only about 10 mins remaining. Some other Spurs player done it in the end but I thought he was a tit for doing it and not much of a person.

He seems selfish and a bit of a show off, not to say I would not take him, because I would. He is English, a big plus for me, and a real fox in the box. But swap him for our Cragger's?

No.

Not yet.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:16 pm

There both not good enough for this club.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_lass » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:23 pm

a bit harsh there mate! i would'nt say both are not good enough.
Bellamy has not found his feet just as yet. Reminds me of the bad patch Crouch had last season. Give him time to settle all the matters on and off the field, he will come good.
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby redmikey » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:04 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:There both not good enough for this club.

well done on giving CB a chance mate

they are both decent players with different attributes

CB will play better when we as a team start attacking with more pace,

CB will do more of a job all along the front line as defoe is more of your out and out striker who waits for chances (cissie esc imo, and not in the same league as owen at his best)

my point is why spend more money on a player that won't take us forward, is defoe a better finisher than robbie NO, will he work harder than dirk NO, is he better in the air than crouch (50/50 but not a better outlet for midfield)

and is he quicker than CB no

all this NEWS is a back page filler from a rumour in the press room at anfield on match day imo

SWP won't come here as chavski won't have it,

kevin nolan and joey barton aren't gonna come here to be squad players even if they are life long fans, why would you

alevez is to expensive,

woodgate would be a good shout but he is made of glass and we don't have a good record of keeping people fit who have a dodgy past

owen won't come even on one leg

why are going for a keeper when we have scot carson is beyond me

and finialy rafa isn't going to real, or barca in a hurry

oh and there will be alot of interest in a take over
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:04 pm

Red_lass wrote:

Bellamy has not found his feet just as yet. Reminds me of the bad patch Crouch had last season. Give him time to settle all the matters on and off the field, he will come good.

Wasnt the same thing said about Nando every week.
puroresu

Postby Red_lass » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:09 pm

puroresu wrote:
Red_lass wrote:

CB is a proven Premiership striker, he did it with Blackburn last season.

Nando on the other comes from a different type of leauge altogether. Different style of play, its rougher and tougher. The opposition won't let you have the time on the ball.

well you can say why other players like Alonso can fit into the team so well. That i think  maybe depends on how you adapt to the game. Alonso has age on his side and has footballing brain. He adapts better cos he adapts his style of play by using his brain more to suit the premiership. Nando is an intelligent and hardworking player but he lacks the depth that Alonso or even Gracia for that matter has to unlock defenses.

back to CB, i mean he did it before, we know he can do it, why must it change now especially in a better team. CB works hard but sometimes he tries it too hard. he need to let it flow naturally and not push it.

ok..if im talking nonsense..pardon me!  :upside:
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby Rafa D » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:25 pm

Red_lass wrote:
puroresu wrote:
Red_lass wrote:

CB is a proven Premiership striker, he did it with Blackburn last season.

Nando on the other comes from a different type of leauge altogether. Different style of play, its rougher and tougher. The opposition won't let you have the time on the ball.

well you can say why other players like Alonso can fit into the team so well. That i think  maybe depends on how you adapt to the game. Alonso has age on his side and has footballing brain. He adapts better cos he adapts his style of play by using his brain more to suit the premiership. Nando is an intelligent and hardworking player but he lacks the depth that Alonso or even Gracia for that matter has to unlock defenses.

back to CB, i mean he did it before, we know he can do it, why must it change now especially in a better team. CB works hard but sometimes he tries it too hard. he need to let it flow naturally and not push it.

ok..if im talking nonsense..pardon me!  :upside:

Well Said Red_ass!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:37 pm

I feel Bellamy will come good. Starting at Wigan this Saturday.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby Red_lass » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Well Said Red_ass!!

:D you forget the 'L' again mate!!
Red_lass
Red_lass

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion