Sven - Concentrate on england winning something

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:59 am

When I heard Sven was encouraging Owen and Gerrard to leave Liverpool over the summer (I even heard he arranged meetings for Owen) I was bothered. I thought to myself that he has the players interest at heart and wants England to improve, so I accepted it.

I now hear (on Skysports) that he is critisizing Rafa, for saying that Stevie can improve. Apparently Sven is stating that Gerrard is a complete player and has no weaknesses and critisizes Rafa for telling him that. All players can and must improve. And for Sven to publically critisize the Liverpool manager who is trying to improve the team, is well out of order. I read Rafa's article and he also went on to say that Steven was World class and the teams inspiration.

Sven, stop dipping your pen in the company ink, start winning something for England (you know what you were actually hired for) and MIND YOUR F**KING BUSINESS
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:39 am

Kazza

While I agree with what you say, I'm not sure why you are so angry about it. Stevie G isn't complete yet and sometimes in trying to bring the brilliant off it doesnt work.

Now Houlier gave him free reign on this as he didn't want to limit him in anyway as he felt his talent outwayed the mistakes he sometimes makes. But surely if you are a manager you have to manage it and in this case Raf should be stepping in when it aint workin and keep it simple and then try the other later in the game or when Stevie G decides himself.

I think I've just diagreed with meself in the posting but what the heck :Oo:
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:37 am

The national manager has the right to comment on his players and to disagree with comments made about them, but to critisicze the person who made them is stretching the limits a bit.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:26 am

Well Starbridge it does not help the player when his national team manager  tells him he does not have to improve, and that his club manager is wrong to say that he has room for improvement (because in essence that is what rafa said).

The point is not about Gerrard (who is a world class player and we are so lucky to have him), it is about how Sven keeps meddling in Liverpool business. Especially when what he says is ******.

Opinions are like As*holes Sven, everybody has one.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:30 am

Kazza does Sven have a pony tail?

Cos behind every pony tail lies an ar*h*le. ???
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Honolulu Bob » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:53 am

The national manager is there to manage England not to be telling players they should be playing for other clubs.
It's bloody disgraceful!!
He should get on with his own job, which on the evidence of Euro 2004 he's hasn't got a ****** clue about, keep his pecker in his pants and shut the hell up!!
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:16 pm

Honoury Hon

I agree Sven shud keeps his hands on his "honesty button" and well away from his brains. Yer no when he visits all the matches to spot talent do you think its the femail kind cos its confewzing me :oh:
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Piewhack » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:28 pm

After hearing that Sven had been 'encouraging' michael owen to go abroad to madrid because it would improve his overall game, it now says on sky sports news that he (Sven) may find it hard to pick Owen for the national squad if he is always on the bench!

What the hell is Sven doin to the poor boy??
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion